Only one new Quest/day? [DEVS AWARE]

Options
Firstofhisname419
Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited January 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I gained access to the Quest Journal for the first time yesterday.  I completed and claimed my three quests; two bars said "completed," and the third said "Next Quest in [countdown]".  After the timer expired I had one new Quest, but the other two lines still just said "Completed."  Is this working as intended?

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Firstofhisname419
    Yes, this is the correct behavior.
    Please check all the information you need in our FAQ:
    https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?l=en&s=new-player-guide&f=quest-journal-daily-quests

If you have any other questions, you can send them to our customer support.
    Marcela

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support I get that I’ll only get one (1) new quest a day and that will arrive at 15:00 UTC. What I do not understand is the following.

It seems that I didn’t receive a new quest today.

Yesterday, I got 3 quests and rerolled one (buy a planeswalker is impossible for me). Then I completed 2 immediately, but I didn’t defeat 4 PVE opponents due to time constraints. This quest was the top quest, while the middle and the lower quest was completed..

So I had 2 slots for a new quest, but I didn’t receive a new quest today. My proof is that I have only completed 3 quests as shown in the journal where there are only 3 “bars” which have been filled.

Update - I have received my daily quest some hour after the expected time. But seems the timing is off.
  • Specter
    Specter Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same thing for me, no new quest today. I completed the 3 yesterday after they fixed the bug with it, and now today there is nothing. I'm pretty much gonna just ignore it I think, get the objectives passively as it were, if not oh well, no weak duplicate packs for me 
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I reported a bug during beta where when the new quest timer expired, the new quest doesn’t actually appear or become available until you restart the app. If you force close and restart it at 15:00UTC you should see the new quest at that time.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Bubbles_CS - my new quest appeared in a different quest slot than expected. My counter was in the top slot, my new quest arrived in the middle slot. Go figure.

These timer issues makes it so difficult to understand what is going on. Have you been cheated or do I just have to restart my app. Then I’m left to wonder if something else has been lost or gained.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today, i was supposed to receive a New quest at the end of the timer. Instead of that i had a New 24h timer starting instantly and no new quest.

It's Been about 2 hours now, still no quest and 21:47 on the countdown.

Forceclosing and restarting the app didnt resolve the issue.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. I had a new quest today. I reported the bug in-app, but so far been ignored.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    No quest for me either today. And I believe it is now later than the other day when I reported a similar problem. See post above.
  • DustDest
    DustDest Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same thing, 3 days in a row and no new quest. Resolved one on the first day, finished all 3 and nothing since
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    Got access to daily quests for the first time on the 19th. Got a new quest 20th and 21st, was not given one 22nd. Got one 23rd, not given one 24th. I guess my title of "One new quest/day" was overly optimistic.
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay in coming here.
    Thank you so much for the reports.
    Our team has been working on this issue since last Friday when we had the first cases and we are hoping to fix this as soon as possible.
    If you have any extra details to provide such as what you were doing in the time around the "Next Quest" time out, we would appreciate it.
    In case you do have more details to provide, send me via PM ou through a ticket informing your UID as well.
    (Never inform your UID on any Forum page.)

Thank you for your patience, 
    Marcela.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    Another day, another quest not given.  
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I always get the message about a new quest in 1 hour. Then after an hour it says new quest in 21 hours.
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also here is a good one. They release new planeswalkers... i buy a new planeswalker with my crystals... then hours later a quest pops up... buy a new planeswalker. Timing.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    Gormhaus said:
    Also here is a good one. They release new planeswalkers... i buy a new planeswalker with my crystals... then hours later a quest pops up... buy a new planeswalker. Timing.
    One of the few quests I actually got was "Win 6 PvE Matches."  The first PvE event opened up an hour before the new Journal replaced that quest with three new quests.  
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    No new quest today, despite having the app closed. I seem to be getting a new quest every other day.

Was it this bad in beta?
    Options

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay in coming here to address this issue.
    Our team has been testing this issue since the beginning of the week and we're very hopeful we'll fix it soon.
    Anyways, thank you for all the feedback and information provided.

Also, thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.
  • Barnabes
    Barnabes Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    If it helps anyone, the quests seem to refresh as long as the app is closed at the time. And they seem to fail if you are engaged in a match at the time. 
    Not sure about any other states. 
  • Firstofhisname419
    Options
    I've not received my daily quest for the last two days, even though the app was closed (not sure if it stayed open in the background). 

Did this happen during beta?
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Likewise