5* Hyperion (All New, All Different)

Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler

Hyperion (All New, All Different)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)

Atomic Vision - 11  AP

Hyperion fires a heated beam strong enough to melt even steel. Converts all Red tiles on the board to 3-turn Repeater tiles that deal 700 damage each to the target.

(Passive) If a Repeater tile is matched or destroyed, Hyperion gains 2 Red AP.

Level 2 - Repeater tiles deal 800 damage each. If a Repeater tile is matched or destroyed, Hyperion gains 3 Red AP.

Level 3 - Converts all Red tiles on the board to 2-turn Repeater tiles. 

Level 4 - Repeater tiles deal 900 damage each. If a Repeater tile is matched or destroyed, Hyperion gains 3 Red and Black AP.

Level 5 - Converts all Red tiles on the board to 1-turn Repeater tiles that deal 900 damage each to the target. If a Repeater tile is matched or destroyed, Hyperion gains 3 Red, Black and Yellow AP.

Solar Uppercut - 12  AP

Hyperion uppercuts the enemy with a force powerful enough to send them to space. Deals 1500 damage to the target and sends both the target and himself Airborne for 1 round.

(Passive) Hyperion extends the duration he is airborne by 1 round when an ally fires a power. When Hyperion returns from being Airborne, he deals 1000 damage to the enemy team and converts all repeater tiles on the board to strength 50 Strike tiles.

Level 2 - Hyperion deals 2000 damage to the target and 1500 damage when he returns from being Airborne.

Level 3 - Increases strength of Strike tiles created by 20 for each round Hyperion is Airborne.

Level 4 - Increases strength of Strike tiles created by 30 for each round Hyperion is Airborne.

Level 5 - Hyperion deals 2500 damage to the target and 2000 damage when he returns from being Airborne. Increases strength of Strike tiles created by 40 for each round Hyperion is Airborne.

Solar Fusion - 8  AP 

Hyperion's body works in a  process similar to nuclear fusion. Converts 3 selected tiles to Red or Yellow tiles.

(Passive) Hyperion’s body gains nourishment from solar photon particles. Hyperion reduces damage taken from enemy matches and powers by 8% for each Yellow tile on the board. Hyperion’s match damage and powers deal an additional 8% damage for each Red tile on the board.

Level 2 - Converts 4 selected tiles to Red or Yellow tiles. 

Level 3 - Hyperion reduces damage taken from enemy matches and powers by 10% for each Yellow tile on the board. Hyperion’s match damage and powers deal an additional 10% damage for each Red tile on the board.

Level 4 - Converts 5 selected tiles to Red or Yellow Charged tiles.

Level 5 - Hyperion reduces damage taken from enemy matches and powers by 12% for each Yellow tile on the board. Hyperion’s match damage and powers deal an additional 12% damage for each Red tile on the board.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    This one is powerful as heck. Though I think his numbers are high, the move set is beautiful. Every power basically says "I'm going to do this awesome thing, but only so I can do this more awesome thing."

Playing Solar Uppercut off of Atomic Vision creates more purpose for the Repeater tiles. Most often Repeaters are a means to an end, but not here. I also like the use of airborne versus an enemy's fired power which, again, has a purpose other than protecting him. Solar Fusion has the double function of making him stronger and fueling his Atomic Vision. I think this is one of the best move sets you have posted thus far. 

Due to the aggressive, yet balanced nature of his powers, there are many build possibilities. If I wanted to go defensive and passively eat away at the enemy's life, I would pair him with a shield dropper and go with 5/3/5. A 3/5/5 would work well with Worthy Jugg since Atomic Vision converts all Red tiles at any level. Juggernaut buffs damage on his own while Hyperion is airborne, then all of their damage is magnified when Hyperion returns from airborne. 
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Akoni said:
    This one is powerful as heck. Though I think his numbers are high, the move set is beautiful. Every power basically says "I'm going to do this awesome thing, but only so I can do this more awesome thing."

Playing Solar Uppercut off of Atomic Vision creates more purpose for the Repeater tiles. Most often Repeaters are a means to an end, but not here. I also like the use of airborne versus an enemy's fired power which, again, has a purpose other than protecting him. Solar Fusion has the double function of making him stronger and fueling his Atomic Vision. I think this is one of the best move sets you have posted thus far. 

Due to the aggressive, yet balanced nature of his powers, there are many build possibilities. If I wanted to go defensive and passively eat away at the enemy's life, I would pair him with a shield dropper and go with 5/3/5. A 3/5/5 would work well with Worthy Jugg since Atomic Vision converts all Red tiles at any level. Juggernaut buffs damage on his own while Hyperion is airborne, then all of their damage is magnified when Hyperion returns from airborne. 

Thank you for the feedback! I am glad you think so. Hyperion is supposed to be a powerful character so i had hoped i was able to do him justice.