4* Crossfire (William Cross)

Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler

Crossfire (William Cross)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

Crossfire’s aim is true and he never misses. Fires a round that deals a base 900 damage and destroys all enemy special tiles on the board, dealing additional damage. If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, destroy a random 3 x 3 block of tiles, dealing additional damage. 

Level 2 - Deals a base 1400 damage.

Level 3 - Destroys a random 5 x 5 block of tiles if there are no enemy special tiles on the board

Level 4 - Deals a base 1900 damage.

Level 5 - Deals a base 2400 damage. Destroys the entire board if there are no enemy special tiles on the board

Cybernetic Enhancements - 0  AP

(Passive) Crossfire has received several augmentations that make him even deadlier to his targets. Converts an enemy special tile in their strongest colour to a critical tile every round. If there are no enemy tiles in that colour, convert a random tile into a critical tile.

Level 2 - Converts two enemy special tiles in the strongest colour to critical tiles every round

Level 3 - If there are no enemy tiles in the enemy’s strongest colour, convert a random tile into a critical tile, converts two enemy special tiles in their weakest colour to critical tiles every round

Level 4 - If there are no enemy tiles in their strongest or weakest colours, create three random critical tiles.

Level 5 - Converts three enemy special tiles in their strongest or weakest colour to critical tiles every round.

Caught in the Crossfire - 0  AP

Crossfire shoots to kill, aiming for the enemy’s weakest spot. Converts a random basic tile in the enemy’s weakest colour into a friendly Strike tile of strength 60 and a random basic tile in the enemy’s strongest colour into a enemy Protect tile of strength 1 every round.

Level 2 - Converts a random basic tile in the enemy’s weakest colour into a friendly Strike tile of strength 80

Level 3 - Converts two random basic tiles in the enemy’s weakest colour into friendly Strike tiles of strength 80 and two random basic tiles in the enemy’s strongest colour into enemy Protect tiles of strength 1 every round.

Level 4 - Converts two random basic tiles in the enemy’s weakest colour into a friendly Strike tile of strength 100

Level 5 - Converts three random basic tiles in the enemy’s weakest colour into friendly Strike tiles of strength 120 and three random basic tiles in the enemy’s strongest colour into enemy Protect tiles of strength 1 every round.

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Holy cow. So insanely broken. Sniper Shot is nuts. Destroy all enemy special tiles or the entire friggin board if there are none, AND deal additional damage? For only 10 AP? No countdown tile or anything? That alone would make him one of the strongest characters ever released. Caught in the Crossfire gives you three strike tiles every turn for free? That alone would also make him instantly shargeted by every player and utterly break the meta.

But most ridiculous of all is Cybernetic Enhancements. THREE critical tiles, FOR FREE, EVERY TURN? AND they replace enemy special tiles if they exist? Strongest most ludicrously broken passive of all time. Consider that America Chavez only creates ONE critical tile, and even then, only if you have more AP than the opponent in 3 colors. 4* Thanos removes ONE enemy special tile per turn, and only if there are 3 more of them. You've combined both of these already top tier passives and then you tripled them, while simultaneously removing all the prerequisites.

Sorry my friend, but I'm gonna have to say no. Just no. Nothing even REMOTELY resembling this pitch will ever get made, thankfully, for a plethora of very good reasons.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Holy cow. So insanely broken. Sniper Shot is nuts. Destroy all enemy special tiles or the entire friggin board if there are none, AND deal additional damage? For only 10 AP? No countdown tile or anything? That alone would make him one of the strongest characters ever released. Caught in the Crossfire gives you three strike tiles every turn for free? That alone would also make him instantly shargeted by every player and utterly break the meta.

But most ridiculous of all is Cybernetic Enhancements. THREE critical tiles, FOR FREE, EVERY TURN? AND they replace enemy special tiles if they exist? Strongest most ludicrously broken passive of all time. Consider that America Chavez only creates ONE critical tile, and even then, only if you have more AP than the opponent in 3 colors. 4* Thanos removes ONE enemy special tile per turn, and only if there are 3 more of them. You've combined both of these already top tier passives and then you tripled them, while simultaneously removing all the prerequisites.

Sorry my friend, but I'm gonna have to say no. Just no. Nothing even REMOTELY resembling this pitch will ever get made, thankfully, for a plethora of very good reasons.
    Yeah, i was afraid of this. Thank you for the feedback. I will see what I can do to balance him :)
  • NemoAbernnigan
    edited January 2021
    Suggestions-

Sniper Shot- Instead creates a 2 turn repeater tile that destroys 3 enemy special tiles. If no enemy special tiles exist, instead destroy the board. No additional damage.

Cybernetic Enhancements- If one does not exist, creates a 3 turn countdown tile that converts two enemy special tiles into critical tiles. If there are no enemy special tiles present at turns start, instead it converts itself into a critical tile.

Caught in the Crossfire- If you have at least 3 team-up AP at turn start, consume it to create 3 strike tiles. Otherwise create 3 enemy protect tiles (ones with strength equal to the strike tiles) and gain 1 team-up AP.

Still an incredibly strong kit. Keeps the feel you were going for. Counters the Polaris meta pretty well. Isn't quite so flabbergastingly overpowered hahaha.
  • Kelvinkhr
    edited January 2021
    Here is my revised idea for Crossfire. Credits to NemoAbernnigan for pointing out the flaws in the previous iteration. I switched it up so that rather than being an anti-Polaris, he'd work better with people like Karnak or America Chavez instead. Hopefully, I was able to achieve a better sense of balance with this one.

Crossfire (William Cross)

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

Crossfire’s aim never misses so bad luck if you are his target. Fires a shot that destroys an enemy special tile. If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, convert a random basic tile to a critical tile.

Level 2 - Destroys two enemy special tiles.

Level 3 - Destroys three enemy special tiles.

Level 4 - Destroys four enemy special tiles.

Level 5 - If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, convert two random basic tiles to critical tiles.

Caught in the Crossfire - 10  AP

Crossfire shoots to kill, aiming for the enemy’s weakest spot. Fires a shot at the enemy with the lowest health, dealing 900 damage, and stuns the target for 1 round. 

(Passive) When an enemy is stunned, creates a critical tile at the start of the round.

Level 2 - Dealing 1800 damage to the target.

Level 3 - Stuns enemy for 2 rounds.

Level 4 - Dealing 2700 damage to the target.

Level 5 - Dealing 3600 damage and stuns enemy for 3 rounds

(Passive) Crossfire has received several augmentations that make him even deadlier to his targets. New tiles have a 40% chance to be strength 30 Strike tiles. When Crossfire is stunned or sent airborne, creates a strength 30 at the start of the round.

Level 2 - New tiles have a 40% chance to be strength 60 Strike tiles.

Level 3 - New tiles have a 50% chance to be strength 60 Strike tiles.

Level 4 - New tiles have a 50% chance to be strength 90 Strike tiles.

Level 5 - New tiles have a 60% chance to be strength 120 Strike tiles.

• Kelvinkhr
    Suggestions-

Sniper Shot- Instead creates a 2 turn repeater tile that destroys 3 enemy special tiles. If no enemy special tiles exist, instead destroy the board. No additional damage.

Cybernetic Enhancements- If one does not exist, creates a 3 turn countdown tile that converts two enemy special tiles into critical tiles. If there are no enemy special tiles present at turns start, instead it converts itself into a critical tile.

Caught in the Crossfire- If you have at least 3 team-up AP at turn start, consume it to create 3 strike tiles. Otherwise create 3 enemy protect tiles (ones with strength equal to the strike tiles) and gain 1 team-up AP.

Still an incredibly strong kit. Keeps the feel you were going for. Counters the Polaris meta pretty well. Isn't quite so flabbergastingly overpowered hahaha.
    Those sound like wonderful changes to his abilities. Very much more balanced. Thank you for the suggestions!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Kelvinkhr said:
    Here is my revised idea for Crossfire. Credits to NemoAbernnigan for pointing out the flaws in the previous iteration. I switched it up so that rather than being an anti-Polaris, he'd work better with people like Karnak or America Chavez instead. Hopefully, I was able to achieve a better sense of balance with this one.

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

Crossfire’s aim never misses so bad luck if you are his target. Fires a shot that destroys an enemy special tile. If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, convert a random basic tile to a critical tile.

Level 5 - If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, convert two random basic tiles to critical tiles.

Crossfire shoots to kill, aiming for the enemy’s weakest spot. Fires a shot at the enemy with the lowest health, dealing 900 damage, and stuns the target for 1 round. 

(Passive) When an enemy is stunned, creates a critical tile at the start of the round.

(Passive) Crossfire has received several augmentations that make him even deadlier to his targets. New tiles have a 40% chance to be strength 30 Strike tiles. When Crossfire is stunned or sent airborne, creates a strength 30 at the start of the round.

Nice rework! I really like the new Caught in the Crossfire. Creating a critical tile if an enemy is stunned is really strong and also balanced. Would totally sharget this version.just for that passive alone.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr said:

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

Nice rework! I really like the new Caught in the Crossfire. Creating a critical tile if an enemy is stunned is really strong and also balanced. Would totally sharget this version.just for that passive alone.
    Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback and insight. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Kelvinkhr said:

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

I agree with @NemoAbernnigan. This one is way better. I like the re-focus on critical tiles. His move set also makes him useful on multiple teams. He instantly pairs well big characters like Chavez, Karnak,, and Polaris. He can be thrown on other teams without disrupting other strategies, too. His arch nemesis is Killmonger, of course.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Akoni said:
    Kelvinkhr said:

Sniper Shot - 10  AP

I agree with @NemoAbernnigan. This one is way better. I like the re-focus on critical tiles. His move set also makes him useful on multiple teams. He instantly pairs well big characters like Chavez, Karnak,, and Polaris. He can be thrown on other teams without disrupting other strategies, too. His arch nemesis is Killmonger, of course.
    Thabk you for the feedback! I am glad you like this version.

I forgot about Killmonger tbh, but yeah, against guys like this, he is a beast with his ability to steal Ap or damage when a critical match is made.