CotT: Ant-man vs. Teen Jean

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Poor old Ant-man - I think he is an interesting character with some fun abilities, but his numbers are so low that he is more of a curio than anything. I almost always forget about his grow ability, which actually deals a fair amount of damage. I wonder if he and Ice man are two of the first "use this power, it shifts to something else" characters in the game?

Anyway, get over here Teen Jean, we're fighting you again! This ended up being a fairly close battle for my low-champed Ant-man - she managed to cast green and got a few nasty cascades, so I was down to less than 3k health when the buzzer sounded and she finally hit the canvas. Purple attack tiles boosted slightly by weak strikes slowly worked her over. For a wonder, I managed to have all five of his countdowns from his yellow power resolve, which is not something I often remember happening. Of course, three of the yellow strikes immediately fell into a match-3, but you can't have everything. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is no question about it but Ant-man is entirely outmatched in this fight. Get his specials out? Jean can zap them and then she has a power to create her own version. So you go and try and steal them and then zap, your specials are toast again and you take another big hit. My Champed Ant-man died with barely a whimper first time out and it wasn't looking much better in round 2 except I had his purple power out and then a seldom ventured thing happened - I got enough purple to activate "Grow"! Wow...this is not a common occurence but the sight of Scott whacking Jean in the head with his oversized fist was indeed a surprise! Glad to get that one outta the way to be honest.