OKTAGON Q&A Session - December 2020 *UPDATE 01/11/21

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Q&A December - Answers

1. Why do you feel that the existence of potions is still justified in this game? I see no reason why planeswalkers cannot be at full health outside of games. Could you remove this unnecessary and annoying feature? Levels where planeswalker regeneration is improved would probably need to be reworked, but there would be much more gained than lost.
Answer: We have some plans for future upgrades on the energy system and Planeswalker progressions, but it’s something that we should evaluate more before any structural change.

2. Would you make an option so we can pay gold each time to have Greg run our deck for us in a game? No need to show gameplay, just the results. This can be available for single player events only.
Answer: We currently don’t have plans for this auto-play feature, but it’s something we are already studying for the game.

3. What happened with the rollout of quests? The uncommunicated beta prior to the v4.6 patch led to player confusion when we expected it to be immediately available for all players.
Answer: Thank you for your interest. There were still some aspects of the Daily Quests that needed our attention before releasing the new feature globally. We did however communicate the Beta Test before and have invited the VIP Subscribers to participate and we have opened the participation even for the Basic Membership Trial version. However, the Daily Quests will be released and will be available for all players still in January 2021. Thank you for your patience!

4. I remember years ago, when I started playing this game, I would read every card to figure out which cards are powerful, or useful, or has some interesting effect I would like to tinker with.  Now that there are thousands of cards, I just don't have the time to read every card to determine which ones I would like to add to a deck I'm currently building.  The search is useful but most of the time, it fails to give me that inspiration to discover a new interaction or synergy that to me, this game is really all about.  I still read every card but at the end of the day, it's difficult to track which one's have potential unless I reread them again.  Is there a plan to enhance the search and are there also plans to add new features like ways to mark the cards as favorites and/or hide cards that we know we'll never be playing again?  Thank you and happy holidays!
Answer: Thank you so much for all these suggestions. All of them are great and will be considered if we get to this point, especially some improvements in the search system.
We are constantly implementing new ways to show players about interesting and effective card interactions. Starting with ZNR, each Planeswalker has hints on how to build decks that synergize with their abilities. Also, the Deck Toolkits bundles give players a structure to build their own decks with pre-built strategies.
If you have any other suggestions on this matter, please let us know!

5. Would you ever consider instituting a "bug bounty program" to reward players for spending time to properly document and replicate bugs?
Answer: We don’t have plans for that for now but, this is actually a very interesting idea. Thank you for your feedback.

Observation: We know that some of our answers in regards to questions about new features and questions and feedback related to your ideas seem repetitive. It has to do more with the fact that we often can't say much about upcoming features nor give an estimate on when these ideas could potentially come to the game. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by December 16th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Marcela.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options
    *UPDATE
    Updated the final date from December 20th to December 16th due to the Holiday Season.
    Options
    Q&A December - Answers *01/11/21
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support - is answer 2 correct? It is awfully similar to answer 1 and does not seem to relate to the question listed.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    critman said:
    How come we have to play more games to win less prizes in ZE, the replacement daily event for RT? 
    And how come we have to play more games to win less prizes in the new version of RT than the old version of RT?
    What's the reason for this new austerity?

(These questions also submitted to the form in the OP)
    Good luck, buddy. I asked this and more and got the big ignore last month. Even on the follow-up. I appreciate you trying, though.
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Oktagon_Support - is answer 2 correct? It is awfully similar to answer 1 and does not seem to relate to the question listed.
    Thank you for the heads up, I just insert the correct answer.