Character Creation Challenge: Star

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Wow! There are so many creative minds in the forum that I have decided to come up with a way for everyone to share their thoughts and showcase their creativity in a focused way. Each month, I will post a Marvel character. Although, there are no prizes, this is the cheesy part when I say "we are all winners."

Everyone is encouraged to participate by following a few rules:

1. You must stick to the character in the title.
You may choose any variant of that character whether it is a younger, older, alternate universe, etc. Examples include:
   Earth-616 Thanos
   Earth-TRN802 Thanos
   Female Thanos (if such a thing exists in the Marvel universe)
   Thanos with infinity stones
   Thanos with the heart of the universe
   End Game Thanos
   Thanos as Eternity...
You get the point. You can choose any variation of that chosen character. 

2. You must provide the character's rarity, name of each power, power color, power cost, power description, and power differentiation at each level.
Example:
   4*
   Smack Down / 8 / Yellow
   Deal 1,000 damage.
     Level 2- Deal 10,000 damage
     Level 3- Deal 100,000 damage
     Level 4- Deal 1,000,000 damage
     Level 5- Deal 10,000,000 damage
   *Rinse and repeat for the second and third power.
You can include as much or little detail as you desire, but providing more detail paints a better picture. I, personally, like to include all of the bells and whistles, but it is not necessary. As long as the information is there and understandable, it is fine. As an example, I will always begin each challenge with my own suggestions for the character.

3. You may utilize someone else's ideas, but give them credit. (No plagiary!)
There are few unique ideas in the world. The chances that at least 2 people will think of having Thanos do the "thing" is great. Post your ideas freely. However, if you were inspired by something in another post, please share it, but give credit to the inspiration for your idea.
Example:
Alex is inspired by Sam's suggestion. Alex quotes Sam's post or makes a note in her own post stating that she was inspired by...

4. This is not a rule, but if you must comment, be constructive.
Feel free to compliment and discuss. However, if you think someone did a horrible job and you believe you could have done better, then submit it. There is no need to tear down someone else's work.

LET'S BEGIN! 

Comments

• Akoni
    Options
    I posted this already, but I figured it would be a good one to start with considering this character has had more than one set of powers and can be creatively developed many ways in-game.

Star (Ripley Ryan)

5 Star (Epic)

Health: Moderate
    Match Damage: Moderate

Power Syphon 6  AP
    Star releases a virus to drain others and power herself. Create 3 Power Syphon Trap tiles that steal 1 Red AP when matched by the enemy and converts 1 tile to Red when matched by Star's team.
    (Passive) At the start of the match create 3 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: (Passive) At the start of the match create 4 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    • Level 3: Create 4 Power Syphon Trap tiles...
    • Level 4: (Passive) At the start of the match create 5 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    • Level 5: Create 5 Power Syphon Trap tiles...

Collected Strength 0  AP
    (Passive) Star accumulates enough power to be a threat to villains and heroes alike. Deal 32 damage for each Red AP your team has more than the enemy team (max 384 damage).
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: 38 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 456 damage).
    • Level 3: 47 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 564 damage).
    • Level 4: 63 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 756 damage).
    • Level 5: 90 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 1080 damage).

Power Hungry 10  AP
    Beneath her heroic demeanor is a power hungry psychopath willing to crush anyone who stands in her way. Deal 2176 damage. If you have 10 or more Red AP, drain 10 Red AP and deal 4352 damage instead.
    (Passive) If there are more than 10 Red tiles at the start of her turn, Star makes a match.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Deal 2244 or 4488 damage.
    • Level 3: Deal 2579 or 5158 damage.
    • Level 4: Deal 3349 or 6698 damage.
    • Level 5: Deal 4999 or 9998 damage.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akoni said:
    I posted this already, but I figured it would be a good one to start with considering this character has had more than one set of powers and can be creatively developed many ways in-game.

Star (Ripley Ryan)

5 Star (Epic)

Power Syphon 6  AP
    Star releases a virus to drain others and power herself. Create 3 Power Syphon Trap tiles that steal 1 Red AP when matched by the enemy and converts 1 tile to Red when matched by Star's team.
    (Passive) At the start of the match create 3 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: (Passive) At the start of the match create 4 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    • Level 3: Create 4 Power Syphon Trap tiles...
    • Level 4: (Passive) At the start of the match create 5 Power Syphon Trap tiles.
    • Level 5: Create 5 Power Syphon Trap tiles...

Collected Strength 0  AP
    (Passive) Star accumulates enough power to be a threat to villains and heroes alike. Deal 32 damage for each Red AP your team has more than the enemy team (max 384 damage).
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: 38 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 456 damage).
    • Level 3: 47 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 564 damage).
    • Level 4: 63 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 756 damage).
    • Level 5: 90 damage for each Red AP more than the enemy (max 1080 damage).

Power Hungry 10  AP
    Beneath her heroic demeanor is a power hungry psychopath willing to crush anyone who stands in her way. Deal 2176 damage. If you have 10 or more Red AP, drain 10 Red AP and deal 4352 damage instead.
    (Passive) If there are more than 10 Red tiles at the start of her turn, Star makes a match.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Deal 2244 or 4488 damage.
    • Level 3: Deal 2579 or 5158 damage.
    • Level 4: Deal 3349 or 6698 damage.
    • Level 5: Deal 4999 or 9998 damage.
    Man, this one is really good.

Her Purple and Red really go hand-in-hand. Is her Red something that triggers every round? With someone like M.O.D.O.K,  who can convert tiles to Red, that would be an awesome power, especially when you throw in her Purple which can create so many Red tiles. 

That Black power is also really powerful. I love how her moveset is pretty much centred around the AP of a single colour so you can focus on that one when using her. 

This is such a great character concept. I'd definitely want to get her if she's released like this
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    Options

Credits to Akoni for thinking up this amazing challenge. His amazing idea also inspired this.

Star (Star Siphon)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Siphoning - Red 8  AP

Star uses the Power Siphon to drain power from those around her. Places a 3-round Countdown tile on the board that sends Star to the front. Star absorbs 60% of incoming damage and gains 2 Yellow AP when attacked.

(Passive) - Star takes 20% less damage and gains 1 Yellow AP from enemy matches

Level 2 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 70% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked.

Level 3 - Star takes 30% less damage from enemy matches and gains 2 Yellow AP.

Level 4 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 80% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked.

Level 5 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 90% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked. Star takes 40% less damage from enemy matches and gains 3 Yellow AP.

Star Light, Star Bright - Yellow 0  AP

(Passive) Star light star bright, first star I see tonight...Star deals an additional 8% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool. When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 10 Yellow AP to deal 1000 damage to the enemy team.

Level 2 - Star deals an additional 10% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool

Level 3 - When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 9 Yellow AP to deal 1500 damage to the enemy team.

Level 4 - Star deals an additional 12% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool

Level 5 - Star deals an additional 14% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool. When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 8 Yellow AP to deal 2000 damage to the enemy team.

Kree Hybrid - Blue 0  AP

(Passive) Ripley Ryan has received modifications, making her part Kree. Star restores 150 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match. When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 10 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional Yellow AP. 

Level 2 - Star restores 175 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match.

Level 3 - When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 9 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional 2 Yellow AP.

Level 4 - Star restores 200 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match.

Level 5 - When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 8 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional 3 Yellow AP.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've never heard of this character before so my theming would suck for this one, but I like the contest idea. Sounds like fun. I'll read up on this Star person and make a character pitch for her at some point, just to be a part of the fun.
  • Akoni
    Options
    Kelvinkhr said:

Credits to Akoni for thinking up this amazing challenge. His amazing idea also inspired this.

Star (Star Siphon)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Siphoning - Red 8  AP

Star uses the Power Siphon to drain power from those around her. Places a 3-round Countdown tile on the board that sends Star to the front. Star absorbs 60% of incoming damage and gains 2 Yellow AP when attacked.

(Passive) - Star takes 20% less damage and gains 1 Yellow AP from enemy matches

Level 2 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 70% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked.

Level 3 - Star takes 30% less damage from enemy matches and gains 2 Yellow AP.

Level 4 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 80% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked.

Level 5 - Places a 4-round Countdown tile that absorbs 90% damage and generates 3 Yellow AP when attacked. Star takes 40% less damage from enemy matches and gains 3 Yellow AP.

Star Light, Star Bright - Yellow 0  AP

(Passive) Star light star bright, first star I see tonight...Star deals an additional 8% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool. When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 10 Yellow AP to deal 1000 damage to the enemy team.

Level 2 - Star deals an additional 10% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool

Level 3 - When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 9 Yellow AP to deal 1500 damage to the enemy team.

Level 4 - Star deals an additional 12% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool

Level 5 - Star deals an additional 14% damage for each Yellow AP in her team’s AP pool. When Star is stunned or sent airborne, consumes 8 Yellow AP to deal 2000 damage to the enemy team.

Kree Hybrid - Blue 0  AP

(Passive) Ripley Ryan has received modifications, making her part Kree. Star restores 150 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match. When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 10 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional Yellow AP. 

Level 2 - Star restores 175 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match.

Level 3 - When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 9 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional 2 Yellow AP.

Level 4 - Star restores 200 health per tile when making a non-Yellow match.

Level 5 - When a colour other than Yellow reaches more than 8 AP, matches in that colour generate an additional 3 Yellow AP.

That yellow power is nice. It's the main focus and it punishes the enemy for trying to slow her down with a stun or by sending her airborne. 

Her red power raises a question: Are percentages in MPQ cumulative (50%+50%=100%) or compounding (50%+50%=75%)?  Either way, your numbers work at levels 1 through 4.

Good stuff. I would run this one at 5/5/3.
  • Akoni
    Options
    I've never heard of this character before so my theming would suck for this one, but I like the contest idea. Sounds like fun. I'll read up on this Star person and make a character pitch for her at some point, just to be a part of the fun.
    Star is one of those little gems that slide under the radar. She turned out to be Captain Marvel's nemesis. Star almost beat her, but CM outsmarted her. Later, Star got hold of the Reality Stone and became a boss. I was tempted to center her power set around the Reality version of her, but I thought her original powers were more fun.
  • Akoni
    Options
    Kelvinkhr said:
    Man, this one is really good.

Her Purple and Red really go hand-in-hand. Is her Red something that triggers every round? With someone like M.O.D.O.K,  who can convert tiles to Red, that would be an awesome power, especially when you throw in her Purple which can create so many Red tiles. 

That Black power is also really powerful. I love how her moveset is pretty much centred around the AP of a single colour so you can focus on that one when using her. 

This is such a great character concept. I'd definitely want to get her if she's released like this
    Yes, her Red activates every turn. To really get it going early you actually need other characters that get more Red tiles and AP. Otherwise, it'll likely take off in the mid-game.