Who deserves the 535 Shards?

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
So I am one 4* champion away from a nice payout and am wondering where to direct it to. I can achieve this without needing to acquire 4* covers.

I only need 45 shards to complete Prof X so it is going to come down to the other candidates who line up as follows:

Thor 5/4/2
Okoye 5/3/2
Dr Strange 5/2/3
Thanos 4/2/5
Iceman 1/5/5

Part of me thinks Okoye for another yellow but also Iceman might be nice to champ with that stun? Is his yellow any good? Is Thanos even relevant any more? Then there is Thor.

Thoughts?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At a glance, Okoye looks like a very strong contender for 535 shards. March is International Women's Day, so there might some vault with her shards or special cp store.

Iceman is second choice if you play SCL 10. Thor/Okoye/Iceman is a popular go-to team for challenge nodes.

Your Thor got the most important power at 5 and you want to keep his levels low if you are teaming him with Okoye.

I'm not sure how's your iHulk's build is like. If you have Okoye champed by then, you don't need Dr Strange to deal with goons. Even without Okoye/IHulk, Polaris/Kitty/R4G can do the job. 

Don't waste your ISO-8 on Thanos. Keep his level low enough so that his Court Death can one shot easy nodes and prevent Hands from creating attack tiles after they are down.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Cheers Hound.
    Sadly my iHulk is in poor shape so he isn't much use but as I'll be transitioning with champed Kitty, BRB, Prof X, Apocalypse, JJ and Cable I have enough variety and the idea of Okoye being able to overtake and tank for Thor makes the most sense to me and ramps up her true heal. I can take them up levels to make use of somewhere.
    I do like the idea of Iceman but I think he can wait and I still have the stun without needing extra covers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You just need his green to kick things off. The more covers in green, the higher his AoE damage. The rest of the work depends on Okoye collecting yellow and teamup. On the flip side, you have a great pack of 5* to kick off 5* land, so not having IHulk in good shape won't hurt. 

Alternatively, you can continue to keep that 535 shards and wait for future meta 5*. Most of your 5* are 2-3 covers away anyway and all of them have feeders. Collecting 5* powers milestone quest gives 5* shards as well.

Given your current position, there's no rush to use the 535 shards unless you have some specific goal in mind.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    That is a very good point, especially with a new one due next week who just *might* be Scarlet Witch.
    Solid advice, thanks.