Question on PvE: what is your strategy for max progression in minimal time

13»

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm playing a different game! I'll do 4x clears of every node and I don't join until the second day, typically. Unless it's a newer PvE event, I can't recall the last time I didn't get full progression. Does CL matter? I'm in CL10.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Taganov said:
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm playing a different game! I'll do 4x clears of every node and I don't join until the second day, typically. Unless it's a newer PvE event, I can't recall the last time I didn't get full progression. Does CL matter? I'm in CL10.
    Agreed , 5 clears of day 2 and 4 clears of day 3 in CL10 was all I needed to reach max progression in this current PvE. That’s 90 matches and 27 of them only take 10 seconds ( There’s a few extra essentials)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    CL does matter. 
    Since the latest changes to CL 10, total points available in it have been higher, compared to CL 9. 
    About 12% more on starting clears and optimal grinds, and about 5% more if clearing all node rewards in one go ("green checkmarks"). Since max progression is usually calibrated to clearing all nodes one time fewer than that, in one go, and it doesn't even require the one node giving most points (5-star essential or Challenge node in CL 10) there's quite a bit of leeway. Which is great. :)
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I play CL 10. The first 3 "easy" nodes I use Thanos 5*. One hit usually clears it. Then the remaining nodes I use my strongest team, and this is much quicker if I have the required 5* champed.