[FIXED] Forum website update

scottee
scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
Not sure if website issues go here, but with the update to the forum, the D3Go logo at the top is giant and makes it so I can't click on a bunch of navigation links. Happened both on mobile and on a computer browser.

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    scottee said:
    Not sure if website issues go here, but with the update to the forum, the D3Go logo at the top is giant and makes it so I can't click on a bunch of navigation links. Happened both on mobile and on a computer browser.

Thanks for sharing this with us.  Can you DM me of what you are seeing and what OS or any other applicable information you can share.  This will help us investigate what may be causing this.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just open the website in a chromium based browser. It's just broken.
  • corneto
    corneto Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    yup, forums seem to be broken... probably they are refactoring the code, and have yet to adjust the resources, images, etc 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Happened a few times in the past: the enormous d3 logo at the top is annoying, but the giant Bandai/Namco one at the bottom makes it impossible to post in any long thread as it masks the buttons.
    Getting the same issue in Chrome and Firefox on Win10.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    It's absolutely unusable on iOS. Formatting is utterly screwed. And spam is obviously getting through.

Just put it back to what it was. Then do extensive testing in-house. The community cannot afford to have the forum broken...

• Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Same on firefox, the forum is broken. I have taken a screenshot of the full page to better explain what we're seeing.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol, I took screen shots, uploaded them, went to DM them to LakeStone, and couldn't find the 'send' button cause I think it was covered by the giant logo.

It looks like Inarius posted, but I'm on Chrome on a PC.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is very hard to read too...  Black background with light gray text, that is terrible, my poor eyes.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I'm on Firefox on Ubuntu and haven't seen any of these issues.  Not sure if that helps.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    This is very hard to read too...  Black background with light gray text, that is terrible, my poor eyes.
    Amen.

It's ugly. It's hard to read, and everything about it is less distinct than the previous version. Everything bleeds together in a messy way.

Having a dark theme is cool for people that want it, but this change is objectively inferior to the previous design. Adding a dark theme should be an option, not a downgrade.
  • LakeStone
    Thanks for sharing this with us.  I see where some browsers are producing a new look for the forums that isn't very functional.  Unfortunately it may be Monday before this can be fixed due to the holiday but hopefully sooner.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    For Here's what the forums look like for me on different browsers on the same machine: https://imgur.com/a/Vqe0U1A
    Note: I visit the forums regularly on Firefox.  This was the first time I loaded it on Chromium, so caching might be the difference...
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Just to add that for me it is not just the display but also the loading speed. Takes over a minute to load each page, making the forums unusable. I hope this can be fixed soon.
  • LakeStone
    We just removed the logo that blocked some of the functionality but still investigating while we fix this.  Thanks!
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Hi Lakestone -

Thanks - that's a big improvement!  Note that (in Chrome and Firefox, on Windows) there's also a huge Bandai Namco logo on some pages (such as this one that I'm typing into right now).  It’s actually preventing me from posting from my PC - the preview/save draft/post buttons are blocked. I’m having to post this from my phone. 
  • LakeStone
    K, I think we figured it out and got it fixed.  There is 1 or 2 minor things we need to fix but the forum should be up and running for everyone.  Please let me know if anyone sees any further problems.  Thanks!
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    All back to normal, I guess!  Thanks.