Problem with Events counter for PVP Holiday Season

I'm guessing that this might be related to the more general problem with the Holiday Quests counter, but I recently noticed the "Play in 2 Versus events in the Holiday Season!" event quest.  I then played in Evergreen, Ice Breaker, and SHIELD Simulator (all marked with Holiday Season tags), but the counter is still stuck at 1/2.

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Me too.
  • techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Same here...
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hi Everyone - Just wanted to share another update which we put up on the FAQ now.  Some events aren't accumulating due to when they started and when the patch went live - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-holiday-quests-bug-12-14-20&l=en
  • Prisoner701
    Prisoner701 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I haven't gotten any Quest credit for Evergreen in the "Play in 2 Versus Events" and I've only got 22 credits in the "Win 60 Holiday Versus missions" even though I've got 32 wins in Evergreen so far.
  • Axiomatic
    Axiomatic Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Me too.  It counts toward the total big mission counter but us not counting past 1/2 for the "play in 2" mission no matter what type if pvp mission it is.
  • LegalEagle
    LegalEagle Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Me too. Play 2 Versus is broken. I don't see how people are going to reach 60 versus matches or 500 story matches in 17 days without serious investment of time and resources.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Me too. Play 2 Versus is broken. I don't see how people are going to reach 60 versus matches or 500 story matches in 17 days without serious investment of time and resources.

60 Versus matches is very easy to do. In Evergreen alone I did 15 to reach 575. In 17 days there will be at least 3 more PvP events so that's 60 matches. If you play for higher than 575 (I play to 900 and that's typically 20-24 matches) it can be done in just a couple of PvP events.
    500 story matches is doable as well. If you just do 5 clears (progression) of 10 nodes (CL7 or greater) you do 50 a day. In 10 days you'll get there. Also, you can repeat nodes. So the easy nodes u can win  in 1 move you can do 50 or 100 times in 2 minutes to make up anything you need.
    KGB
  • LakeStone
    I haven't gotten any Quest credit for Evergreen in the "Play in 2 Versus Events" and I've only got 22 credits in the "Win 60 Holiday Versus missions" even though I've got 32 wins in Evergreen so far.
    Investigating this now and will update the FAQ once we confirm what may be happening here.
  • Prisoner701
    Prisoner701 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    LakeStone said:
    Investigating this now and will update the FAQ once we confirm what may be happening here.

Thanks. I want to say that those first 10 wins were all against seed nodes, if that makes a difference? I'm pretty sure I got through 10 of them.
  • Axiomatic
    Axiomatic Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    My "play in 2 more versus" is not counting for any pvp wins.  Did not count yesterday for evergreen or today for the bucky mission.  It doesn't count the shield sim either.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Axiomatic said:
    My "play in 2 more versus" is not counting for any pvp wins.  Did not count yesterday for evergreen or today for the bucky mission.  It doesn't count the shield sim either.

I thought it was broken as well, until I read it closer.  It was "Play in 2 more versus EVENTS".  The ones you played in already don't count.  I got credit once I started the Adam Warlock event.  If you used Evergreen and/or Bucky for the first "Play in 2 versus events", they won't count towards the "play 2 more".
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    The play with X-Men quest is not counting for me. The Avengers one worked fine.
    Playing on Steam
    Anyone else having this issue?
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    In the general thread it seems multiple people are having this issue. For whom it might help: I noticed it started counting/working after I had a different quest completed. So when tomorrows Daily Quests are available again, I expect this will help others.
    For the developers: this might help in finding the cause of the issue.
  • Stromer
    Stromer Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I have the same problem with x-men quest. 
    Nothing will count :(
  • techgrunt
    techgrunt Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    X-men doesn’t work for me either...
  • Stromer
    Stromer Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Suddenly x-men will count. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I am also having issues with the X-Men counter.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    And suddenly it now has counted.
  • LakeStone
    Thanks for sharing this with us.  Yes, the suggestion of claiming any other quests and returning to this one will fix the issue.  Please reach out to customer support if this workaround isn't working and the team will be happy to assist.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2020
    A similar issue is happening for me with the Agents of Shield quest.  Maybe?  I went in to the Spider-Ham PVP event to fight 3 battles with S-H, and brought Coulson along as well to complete the AoS quest line.  The PVP fights counted for S-H, but not Coulson.  Now I've completed the S-H quest and brought Coulson into Strange Days, and the fights are counting for the AoS quest.