***** Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited January 2021 in Character Details
Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch)
5-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes

"Originally created by Earth scientists as a perfect human, Adam Warlock quickly took to the stars to discover his destiny. Having saved the universe from more than one cosmic threat in the nick of time, he now looks to take a more proactive role in preserving life - and the new challenge of making friends." 
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
17449 Health / 70136 Health
 216 | 26 | 28 | 192 | 24 | 168 | 107 | 3.5x
 866 | 102 | 110 | 770 | 93 | 674 | 428 | 3.5x
Miracle of Science - 6  AP
Adam Warlock harnesses the superior science of his creation to maintain peak physical form. Restores 969 health to Adam Warlock. Restores an additional 1550 health if he is below 50% health. (Max Level 3894/6230 health) (PASSIVE) If Adam Warlock's health is above 50% of his total health, his base match damage is increased by 63%.
  • Level 2: Restores 1066 health and an additional 1705 if below 50% health. When health above 50% increase base match damage by 69%. (Max Level 4283/6853 health)
  • Level 3: Restores 1163 health and an additional 1860 if below 50% health. When health above 50% increase base match damage by 76%. (Max Level 4673/7476 health)
  • Level 4: Restores 1357 health and an additional 2170 if below 50% health. When health above 50% increase base match damage by 88%. (Max Level 5452/8722 health)
  • Level 5: Restores 1744 health and an additional 2790 if below 50% health. When health above 50% increase base match damage by 113%. (Max Level 7009/11214 health)
Cosmic Skein - 7 AP
Adam Warlock sees the hidden threads of the universe that let him undermine his enemies' plans. Creates 3 Yellow trap tiles that deal 1817 damage when matched by an enemy and restore 1817 health to Adam Warlock when matched by your team.
  • Level 2: Creates 4 Yellow trap tiles.
  • Level 3: Trap tiles deal 1983 damage or give Adam a burst of 1983 health. (Max level 7971 damage/health)
  • Level 4: Trap tiles deal 2151 damage or give Adam a burst of 2151 health. (Max level 8642 damage/health)
  • Level 5: Creates 5 Yellow trap tiles.
Body and Soul -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Adam offers himself for the greater good. If you have at least 6 Black AP at the start of your turn, removes 1 friendly Black AP and 15% of Adam Warlock's current health, then deals 55% of that damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 2: Deals 53% of damage done to Adam by this power to the enemy team.
  • Level 3: Deals 55% of damage done to Adam by this power to the enemy team.
  • Level 4: Deals 57% of damage done to Adam by this power to the enemy team. Ability fires at start of your turn if you have at least 5 Black AP.
  • Level 5: Deals 60% of damage done to Adam by this power to the enemy team. Ability fires at start of your turn if you have at least 4 Black AP.

Release Events:

Introducing... Adam Warlock - 12/17 - 12/24
  • Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token
  • Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) Shards in Progression rewards
Simulator - 12/17 - 12/21
  • Rewards tokens to the Miraculous Adam Warlock Cover Store
  • Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) Shards in Placement rewards
Meet Rocket & Groot - 12/20 - 12/25
  • Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch) Shards in Progression rewards
Cold War - 12/17 - 12/21
  • Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch)  in Placement rewards
Up And Adam - 12/20 - 12/23
  • Rewards tokens to the Miraculous Adam Warlock Cover Store

Offers

Release Cover Store:

Miraculous Adam Warlock Cover Store - 12/17 - 12/27
  • Chance to get Magneto (Age of Apocalypse). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Special Limited Vault

Adam Warlock - 12/24 - 12/28
  • 40 Items
    • 1x ALL ROADS LEAD TO CHROME Legendary Store Token
    • 1x 4-Star Negasonic (Modern) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso
    • 6x 1000 Iso
    • 5x 500 Iso
    • 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

ALL ROADS LEAD TO CHROME - 12/24 - 12/28
  • 15% chance to get Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch), Silver Surfer (Skyrider), and Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ending the year with Adam Warlock

Two thumbs up
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of interesting character.  True healing is good with yellow.  It is also cheep.  Purple is trap tiles which are bad, but do decent damage and adds true healing.
    black is the most interesting.  At full health level 5 this does 10k damage.  The issue is as he loses health this power will do less and less.  Could be interesting with 1/2 health Thor.  

His increased match damage and true healing will let him tank for a lot of characters.  I will be thinking about him to see if I like him or not.  Kind of up in the air on this one.  Really interesting power set though.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    @IceIX Is the healing true healing or burst? The Purple power at higher levels says burst which is not true heal. The Yellow doesn't say either way.
    Also something seems wrong with the Black text wording. At L2 it goes down to 53 from 55. Is L1 mean to be 50%?
    If you don't kill him (wound to 50%) quickly he is gonna do some serious damage with that passive and his 100% match damage boost. He should team well with IHulk too since he can restore all the damage that IHulk does to him.
    KGB
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    5 covers in his black at level 450 does about 6k damage, in case anyone else had run out of fingers and started counting with their toes like I did.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Very interesting character.

Could run well with some older characters, which I always am glad to see.

currently depending on how the healing works out he's looking like he has potential
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Every new character going forward, how is the survivability against Hulk.....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So...

Boosted match damage, and a passive that converts black AP into team damage at the cost of some health. Yellow restores that health, and gets stronger when you're below 50% health (but at the cost of that match damage, so when he's low health he's weaker, but gets back into the fight faster). Purple places traps that boost healing when you match yellow to fuel his yellow power, and hurt the opponent if they try to match them away first.

Nice straightforward kit. The numbers will decide how useful he is overall, but I like it.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    I love the PVP event title

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX here you have listed the Simulator is the new release PVE event.   In the 2020 MPQ Holiday plans, you had this event listed as Operation silk spider run 2..... so ........ which is it?   Simulator sucks so hoping that it is Spider.  
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adam + Heimdall + Valkyrie could be a rolling ambulance as every match basically generate 4 blue from Valkyrie's passive to fuel Heimdall's blue which in turn will make both of their heal powers cost 3 AP (blue and yellow) pretty fast.  It isn't superfast but once it is rolling could be effective. Only bad part is no green power on that team.  
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    seems cool so far.  I like it.  

its too bad that everyone here probably thought "I wonder if that passive % damage stacks with WF..."
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Adam’s store gives covers for Mags? Assume this is a copy pasta error?

Release Cover Store:

Miraculous Adam Warlock Cover Store - 12/17 - 12/27
    • Chance to get Magneto (Age of Apocalypse). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    His yellow match-3 is going to do 5533 damage.  :o His yellow true heals him for ~10% of his base HP and ~16% if his hp is below 50%. 

Purple gives him burst heal or up to 43k worth of damage. 

In the beginning, his black AoE passive can potentially deal 6312. Since he's likely to be tanking all his major colours, this damage will be lesser. 

It seems like an obvious 5/3/5 to me unless I'm missing something about his purple. There isn't a Domino equivalent for increasing yellow tiles presence passively. Elsa is out.

His first teammate I thought of is Valkyrie. It's a guarantee to trigger her Bounty Hunter even if yours is max champed (5466 to trigger). So, you will be true healing him every 2 turns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Interesting that recent 5*s like to passively burn off black rather than have actives. Sinister, old Man Daken, and now Adam Warlock.

I'm curious if Anti-Venom will play up here or not? 

*Edit - Anti-Venom needs to do the healing, so he will not play up

As a second passive AOE for Hulkoye in PvE should be awesome too
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa said:
    Adam + Heimdall + Valkyrie could be a rolling ambulance as every match basically generate 4 blue from Valkyrie's passive to fuel Heimdall's blue which in turn will make both of their heal powers cost 3 AP (blue and yellow) pretty fast.  It isn't superfast but once it is rolling could be effective. Only bad part is no green power on that team.  
    Heimdall's blue doesn't discount itself.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Seems janky. Your gonna be spending alot of your time healing him. Also, wish his purple didn't put traps on yellow only, they'll be easily avoided. Overall he's skippable.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    Try Shuri instead of Valkyrie - it’ll discount Heimdall’s blue for you and give an active green. You’d lose the passive AP creation from Bounty Hunter but might get to double dip on any yellow traps.

also every time a yellow power comes out, I think “is THIS why Danver5 got nerfed?!”
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Heimdall's blue doesn't discount itself.
    Ah too bad....since I haven't used him much I must have misread his power. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    HE IS THE FRICKING ADAM WARLOCK!!!! Finally!

Not let me read his powers to check if he is good lol

PS: why some people told me he was supposed to be Master Mold?

Edit:

Well, he looks pretty good. Very strong True heal and his black looks VERY strong.

Definitely going for him!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    KGB said:
    @IceIX Is the healing true healing or burst? The Purple power at higher levels says burst which is not true heal. The Yellow doesn't say either way.
    Also something seems wrong with the Black text wording. At L2 it goes down to 53 from 55. Is L1 mean to be 50%?
    If you don't kill him (wound to 50%) quickly he is gonna do some serious damage with that passive and his 100% match damage boost. He should team well with IHulk too since he can restore all the damage that IHulk does to him.
    KGB
    As I read the powers, his Yellow active is true heal, and the traps are burst heal, but I'd be curious to confirm that too.