Keep hoarding or champ Samurai Daken?

Hoping for some guidance or help for my
roster. I currently have 2 champed 5* (BRB & Apocalypse). 
In the current LL vault my cover standings are 
3/3/3 Daken
1/1/2 Heimdall
1/1/0 Deadpool

I’ll have about 60 or more pulls before Magneto is supposed to join the LL vault. 
Should I try to champ Daken before Magneto joins? Or just keep hoarding hoping for some special xmas vaults to get Classic meta characters? 
My Kitty/Okoye/iHulk/JJ are all in need of 5 or more covers to champ. Getting my Kitty purples filled ip to 5 from the FF vault was a big help in climbing SCL10 PVE. 
 So I wonder if I should try to champ the newer 5s just so I can get some healthpack relief while climbing PVE/PVP SCL 10. Or if this current crop isn’t really worth chasing, so I should hold out for new 2021 releases? 
I play for progression rewards, not placement but i do like to play quickly as I can only play for an hour or two a day. 
Any help is appreciated. Thanks:)

Comments

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Champed BRB and Apocalypse won't be bad with Daken but Polaris should be their dance partner BUT if you want to play with Daken I champed him and he is cool with some teams for sure. Playing for progression is definitely key as you aren't necessarily concerned with the fastest or best team but not playing trash like Wasp or Banner. Domino and Vulture can be fun with OMD. That being said Heimdall and Deadpool are cool too and are waiting for the right 4 or 5 to come out so they are worth rostering too. Honestly I would at least pull enough to roster the 5s if you like them because you can always shard target Daken or whoever.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I’m mainly just trying to give my BRB & Poccy a health break when I play PVE. I have to use them in PVP when I come up against Gritty/Bitty/Ihulk/Okoye teams. 
    Daken steals black to make red so hes not a great match for Poccy, slows down gameplay.  I don’t really know who to pair Daken with from my roster other than Valkyrie that makes breaking my tiny hoard worth it. I tried for KM as i could use him with AC and Kraken. But alas, 6 covers, which is how I got 9 Daken covers. 

BRB, Th4nos, Polaris team does help in the SCL 10 climb too, Plus with Carol5 nerf, seems like I don’t need to try to cover her green. 
    Th4nos green seems more effective than the boost Polaris gets from Apocs yellow for speeding through levels. 
    Thanks for the response, I think I’ll wait and see the gameplay with Magneto before deciding. Sometimes the description looks meh, but playing will be fun. He can feed Poccy yellow...

• FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    My Polaris/Medusa/Carbage is okay. He has 7 covers, but usually Kitty or Okoye boosters beat me up before I can really get Polaris rolling cause their health is just too low compared to the 60k or more I usually see with Kitty/Okoye once I get about 10 wins. 
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Follow your heart.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    SamDak is underwhelming. Not as underwhelming as Mags seems to be though.

That said, DP is worth champing IMO.