The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Smokincookz - where have you heard those rumours regarding money goes to develop Marvel PQ? 

It would be very disconcerting if that were correct.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    White circle spinning endlessly, no new story mode, same old repetitive events. 

The first Guild Wars dropped back in ‘05 and still holds my interest more than this game. Also, it costs less than 1 month of master VIP.

I think the business model for MtG PQ needs a complete gutting and overhaul. Not to mention the unsavory rumor that our VIP and IAP money goes into development of Marvel PQ. Real nice shell game going on here.
    I dunno about that rumor, the dev teams are completely different between the two games and it would definitely be weird to force one studio to subsidize another one.

Otherwise, yeah the money making system here definitely seems suspect.  Especially now that they have basically forced a bunch of long-time players to ditch their VIP subscriptions *shrug*
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    @Tremayne One person on Reddit mentioned it. I figured it was just a rumor, but I have no idea how it started. I guess this is also the first time most people have heard it. 

Honestly, I think it’s probably just someone’s way of venting, wanting more resources put into MtGPQ development, while seeing and contrasting it with the popularity of MPQ. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anybody else think that Zendikar Jace in the initial game loading screen looks like a brown-haired Homelander?
  • Tremayne
    @FindingHeart8 - what is a homelander?
  • Tremayne
     :s  :s:s

OK I’m calling it as it is.

the RNG concerning the booster packs is totally bugged!!!!!

I have just opened a PP and one of the packs had two mythical in it, but guess what it was the same mythic!!!

I have played for years so I reckon I have gotten two mythics in one pack before, but I do not recall it.

So I’m sure there is a error in the code that occasionally delivers this result. Should I bother with making a big report? What do you think?

• FindingHeart8
    Tremayne said:
     :s  :s:s

OK I’m calling it as it is.

the RNG concerning the booster packs is totally bugged!!!!!

I have just opened a PP and one of the packs had two mythical in it, but guess what it was the same mythic!!!

I have played for years so I reckon I have gotten two mythics in one pack before, but I do not recall it.

So I’m sure there is a error in the code that occasionally delivers this result. Should I bother with making a big report? What do you think?

If it happens again, I'd be suspicious.  Otherwise you might've had that 0.1% work in your favor :)
  • FindingHeart8
    edited October 2020
    Tremayne said:
    He's the villain in TV series The Boys.  It's pretty entertaining if you're up for a good superhero drama :)

Pic of Homelander because the image upload feature doesn't seem to work for my phone:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/No2ghA49TBoeQLm99
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:
    He's the villain in TV series The Boys.  It's pretty entertaining if you're up for a good superhero drama :)

Pic of Homelander because the image upload feature doesn't seem to work for my phone:
    I thought this was a reference to the 1995 M:tG expansion, Homelands :)
  • Tremayne
    @critman - I vaguely recall the reported result of the 1k booster experiment, but I’m unsure of the actual result.

though I’m sure it is statistically possible to get my outcome, it seems to be a enormous fluke. 

I wonder when Oktagon will be force to document their RNG or they release a report of an independent test of their RNG.

As I have said before, with a development studio that has such a quality history as Oktagon, it is nigh impossible for me to believe that they haven’t made mistake in the quality of the RNG code - at some point.

• FindingHeart8
    Tremayne said:

I thought this was a reference to the 1995 M:tG expansion, Homelands :)
    That's pretty funny :)
  • FindingHeart8
    Have they increased Greg's difficulty in this most recent update?

I've played about 20 matches so far, and about 16 of them, at almost every turn past turn 2: Greg combo'd off for about 30 seconds each turn.  They were not all using the same cards too.
    Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if my luck has just been that bad.
  • Tremayne
    @FindingHeart8 - Any particular event you experienced this?

I have only had the time to finish the CotC and I only met Greg the imbecile in all but one match. Maybe I’ll get to see Combo-Greg in one of the many events this weekend.
  • FindingHeart8
    Tremayne said:
    @FindingHeart8 - Any particular event you experienced this?

I have only had the time to finish the CotC and I only met Greg the imbecile in all but one match. Maybe I’ll get to see Combo-Greg in one of the many events this weekend.
    Multiple events, I must just be having bad luck, but Greg hasn't missed an extra swap chance all week.
  • FindingHeart8
    critman said:
    Have they increased Greg's difficulty in this most recent update?

I've played about 20 matches so far, and about 16 of them, at almost every turn past turn 2: Greg combo'd off for about 30 seconds each turn.  They were not all using the same cards too.
    Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if my luck has just been that bad.
    This sounds like a function of more and more people getting hold of broken combo pieces.

Greg is still leaving red matches on the board playing Koth and leaving match5s for me sometimes. My working hypothesis that he makes matches on the board entirely at random hasn't changed.
    Yeah possibly, the fact that half the cards I want to use aren't working the way they should doesn't seem to help my chanced either lol
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    >be me
    >don't play for +1 year
    >load back into the game
    >join an event
    >start building a deck ("ORI only challenge")
    >game lags
    >get thrown to the starting page

"It's the full hour, isn't it?"

some bugs never change.
    Welcome back. truly. and yes, that evil "top of the hour" bug is still around. 
  • Hatrix
    Hatrix Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    so the new new quest journal or whatever and daily quest they've been talking about for so long is only for new player accounts...!? wow so far this update has brought me longer start up times loading stuff i cant even use, and massive lag/ freezing/ crashing/ rebooting... before i can accomplish anything from vault purchases, matches, to collecting the daily reward.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hatrix said:
    so the new new quest journal or whatever and daily quest they've been talking about for so long is only for new player accounts...!?
    No, that would be a massively myopic take on the current situation. The daily quests are a new feature that rolled out in a bugged release (aka "a release"), and they have yet to comment on why they are not showing up for the vast majority of players.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Gotta love the new “sign in to Facebook!” popup. I thought maybe it was a one-time thing, but it seems to come up daily. 

I’m signed in by other means too, why do I keep getting hammered with requests to sign in to Facebook.

Daily Quests still “coming soon”... so new players somehow can get access sometimes? Very odd.