Gideon's Triumph interaction [Fix in 4.7]

Gun Bunny
Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
Played a game in an event today where I had Gideon's Triumph in play, with my opponent having Golos, Tireless Pilgrim and Borborygmos in play.

The combat unfolded as such:

Golos attacks
GT triggers, dealing lethal damage to Golos
Borborygmos attacks, reinforcing Golos, who now survives combat instead of staying dead.

I thought we'd gotten away from using 'deal lethal damage' to substitute for 'destroy' effects entirely. Is this a workaround the devs use to be able to trigger GT during combat? Why not just give make it a spell and give it flash instead, like the actual paper version? We have flash as an ability now, and so any card that behaves in this fashion (Settle the Wreckage, for example) can actually be set up to work properly, and take advantage of their surprise factor.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Okay, it took two weeks to get an answer?

And I described in agonizing, explicit detail the exact nature of the problem, as well as troubleshooting it for you and offering possible causes for it?

Yeah, no.

I'm done with this game.

I'm cancelling my lvl 19 VIP subscription.

I came back after starting the Not Another Dime movement.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...?

Well, I'm cutting my losses and losing a game experience that has frankly gotten boring and very grindy.