CotT: Karolina vs. C&D

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Very easy. Champed Karolina has cheap powers, so two consecutive green attacks later the match was over. LT was a MODOK champ level. That gave me a new LT which was an Icem4n champ level.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This fight is a different animal for a low-level Karolina, as C&D is pretty much a beast if you give them a chance to get rolling. On my first attempt (I forgot to invest ISO in her before the fight), my level 70- 5/4/4 Karolina got utterly crushed within just a few turns. I leveled her up to 127, and got... crushed. If you let C&D get into their healing loop, your damage can't outstrip their healing (at low levels). On the third attempt I brought along Taskmaster's sword, and it was a close fight - I kept doing just enough damage to counteract their healing while being slowly beaten to a pulp. They had their black power out for what seemed like the entire match, so my green did pitiful damage (less than what they could heal each turn). Whenever I tried to wait the countdown out, boom, next turn, out it came again. I have a feeling this could have been an interesting strategic battle, trying to manage yellow, black, and purple levels, so you could control when the AI would flip powers. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I use my Lv138 Karolina (3/5/5). The battle did took a while until I start hoarding all her AP and use her yellow, then blue occasionally for defend and avoid incoming attack then unleash remaining of yellow and blue AP then green (3x) to win.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used up some Spicy Tokens earlier in the week, so I had some boosts to spare for this. My Karolina is 1/2/2, so she can only go up to level 111. I equipped the Lucky support in order to mitigate the constant damage from Pocket Dimension. Used +2 All AP, +100% All Match Damage, and +125% Crit Damage.

I had one run where I had made 5 match-5s, and had them down to 1200 HP. And then they started healing...

Surprisingly, I beat the mission on a different attempt where I only did 1 match-5.
    Token gave me a Blue 5* Deadpool.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My champed Karolina actually lost round 1. C&D purple spammed her to death before she could do much with her green power. Second time around it was a different story and the sparkly alien girl swooped about zapping the duo into submission.
    I think this may actually be the only time I have actually used Karolina since I champed her. She goes back in the toy box I'm afraid as mostly underwhelming. Love that art though.