Unholy Outlaw - Round 2 - March 28-30

Comments

• djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Ghast wrote:
    He will never not die instantly from lvl 230 mob attacks, but enemies rarely get a chance to do that with the Hood around.

Hmmmm.... double negative..... tricky....
  • and since it's a Hood event, won't his health be around 8k? Much more of an irritant now
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    LoreNYC wrote:
    and since it's a Hood event, won't his health be around 8k? Much more of an irritant now

Apologies for the confusion, my original comment was referring to leveling him up in general: he is clearly tanky enough in this event.
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    and since it's a Hood event, won't his health be around 8k? Much more of an irritant now

No, the buff is just 40% (maybe 60?).

He will have more health than outside but still need a boatload of levels just to get over 3k.
  • It's not so bad for him to make matches. I wouldn't want him tanking three colors, but there's no point in protecting him so well he's the last one standing either.
  • I wonder if there will be Alliance rewards, which are becoming more common than not. I'd love to see GSBW, who is by far my weakest of the six Courageous heroes. I wouldn't mind FINALLY getting another blue Spidey to take him over 3 (I started at Christmastime, so I was not quite leveled enough to take advantage of that huge wave of Spidey covers in mid- to late January).
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    If I'm right, this will end 12 hours before the PVE, as the weekend PVP always starts on friday at 5PM in my timezone, 12 hours before round 4 of the simulator starts.

So i'd bet against Lazy Cap covers.

By the way Wolfman is right, here. The weekend PvP always starts 12 hours before the Wed-Fri PvP ends, so that it will end on Sunday night (in the U.S., anyway).
  • LoreNYC wrote:

I'd expect something like 5000 HP because the recent trend in boosts for featured character is pretty small. He only has 8000 HP in LR where the stats are basically doubled, and I haven't seen any other PvP events that have the same kind of scaling as LR in a long time.
  • For The Hood you're not really increasing his health for offensive purposes. He can easily hide behind someone like Black Panther and an occasional yellow match isn't going to kill him even with his very low health.

With The Hood you got a character that is very strong on defense who is certain to be tanking 100% of all incoming damage when defending, and his health there does matter. While The Hood is never going to be a tank, 3K health can go down to simply a few very good matches even if no moves are used, and while The Hood is powerful, you really aren't getting your value for one of your 3 slots if he stole 5 random AP before he died.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    My general opinion is that you should level all 3* characters to at least 90. There are too many other characters that rely on tile damage values to maximize their damage output. So, I think you do yourself a great disservice (overall) to keep them so weak.

I disagree: level 90 3* characters are nowhere near intimidating in PvP as level 141 characters, so I would almost never use a level 100 character in PvP. Level 90 characters are fine for PvE, but Hood is fine at level 70 for PvE since his abilities don't scale with damage. The question I need to ask myself is whether I would run a level 100 Hood in PvP over a level 141 C. Mags/Punisher, and I'm not sure if I would.

My comment was to the guy above me who said he had his Hood at level 40 and he was fine.

I don't think there is any 3 star character you should keep that underleveled.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    What level would you need to keep him to let him hide behind OBW's black?
  • Spoit wrote:

From my roster:
    OBW at 85 = 39
    Hood at 89 = 36

Not sure how scaling works but I'm guessing he can't possibly have more than 100 levels before he overtakes her?

Hiding behind OBW somehow reminds me of the guys that hide behind the exploding barrels in Doom 2 though.
  • Spoit wrote:

Level 96 to be fully behind her, given that Hood will be forced as the center character.

If OBW were in the center spot, Hood would be covered at levels 97 and 98.

Given that he'll be buffed highly for this even, I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of level 50-60 unbuffed would be about as high as you could go.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    Hiding behind OBW somehow reminds me of the guys that hide behind the exploding barrels in Doom 2 though.

The perfect analogy xD
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Level 96 to be fully behind her, given that Hood will be forced as the center character.

If OBW were in the center spot, Hood would be covered at levels 97 and 98.

Given that he'll be buffed highly for this even, I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of level 50-60 unbuffed would be about as high as you could go.
    I've got him at level 65 (buffed with a small red crystal to 95) and he's 1 point behind her black skill (38 vs OBW's 39 at level 85). Given the sizable difference b/w the small and big red crystal buffs, it'll probably be at the low end of your range.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    When unbuffed, Hood overtakes blue and black at levels 98 and 99, correspondingly. Mine is level 98 and while he shares tile strength for blue and black with oBW (45 and 39), his blue is considered stronger anyway (some hidden decimals I guess). Black still goes to oBW. A level higher and he would tank black as well.
  • locked wrote:
    When unbuffed, Hood overtakes blue and black at levels 98 and 99, correspondingly. Mine is level 98 and while he shares tile strength for blue and black with oBW (45 and 39), his blue is considered stronger anyway (some hidden decimals I guess). Black still goes to oBW. A level higher and he would tank black as well.

There is indeed a decimal point that we do not see but the game still uses for determining who wins.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Yay I get to use my favourite team Punisher/cmags/hood. Too bad Hood is kinda soft countered by opposing Hoods (stealing same aps back and forth every turn) so I don't expect his blue to do much against tougher teams in this tournament. Still not many people have cover maxed Hoods so I think I still have an advantage in this one. Now I'm just hoping there are some nice 3 star rewards.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    My general opinion is that you should level all 3* characters to at least 90. There are too many other characters that rely on tile damage values to maximize their damage output. So, I think you do yourself a great disservice (overall) to keep them so weak.

I disagree: level 90 3* characters are nowhere near intimidating in PvP as level 141 characters, so I would almost never use a level 100 character in PvP. Level 90 characters are fine for PvE, but Hood is fine at level 70 for PvE since his abilities don't scale with damage. The question I need to ask myself is whether I would run a level 100 Hood in PvP over a level 141 C. Mags/Punisher, and I'm not sure if I would.

My comment was to the guy above me who said he had his Hood at level 40 and he was fine.

I don't think there is any 3 star character you should keep that underleveled.

Eh, his comment was referring to PvE though. Since Hood's purpose is mainly an AP battery, I think its fine to keep him underleveled for PvE since increased levels don't really help you a ton there.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

The perfect analogy xD

LOL indeed, but taking keeping blacks to OBW is good for espionage steal and damage, do it's indeed good idea to check and plan advantage and disadvantage. Unlike the Punisher case hood might turn out sensible to keep under.
  • In PvP you always want to kill Hood first. Having him at 4300 HP makes him much harder to kill.

I have a 141 Mags/Hood/Punisher team and in the last No Holds Barred I was going up against a guy with the same team. He won 2 and lost 2 while I came out of one match with one character barely alive (starting at full health). Hood makes battles very unpredictable.