Nissa of Shadowed Boughs activation issues [Fix in 4.7]

Options
Bubbles_CS
Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
  • Which card?

Nissa of Shadowed Boughs

• Type and Subtype

Support Card - Vanguard Nissa

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

Yes

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Playing Garruk, Cursed Huntsman vs. Spectral Shepherd in the Avacyn’s Madness event, this happened three times so far (every time I played the card in this match). This is an account from the third instance where I was watching carefully enough to note what happened at the time of the issue:

My board: Ranumap Hydra, Vicious Wolf (token, reinforced once), Nissa of Shadowed Boughs, Hunting Grounds

Greg’s board: Drogskol Cavalry, Always Watching (reinforced once)

(Battle Log available) On turn 17 I played Nissa. On my next turn, I used Nissa’s +1 ability, deactivating Nissa, and then Garruk’s first ability to generate two Vicious Wolves. On Greg’s following turn, he cast Declaration in Stone to destroy Ranumap Hydra, triggering Vicious Wolf’s ability and granting Nissa +1 shield (now at sox shield). On my next turn, Nissa remained inactive, appearing as a standard, unlit gem on the board and not allowing the +1 ability to be activated. On this turn, a landfall granted Nissa +1 shield from her always-active ability and Vicious Wolf attacked into and was killed by Drogskol Cavalry, triggering Vicious Wolf to grant Nissa a second +1 shield on the turn. On my next tyrn, Nissa, now with eight shield, was again active. On my next turn I did not activated Nissa’s +1 ability after a match-5 (triggering Nissa) and using Garruk’s ultimate (third) ability, adding five Vicious Wolves to the board, but Greg failed to kill anything on his turn and once again, Nissa failed to reactivate on my next turn. Nissa remained inactive despite gaining additional shield from Vicious Wolf and landfall triggers for several turns until another match-5 granted an additional swap, at which point Nissa became active again, mid-turn. I used Nissa’s +1 ability and the gem conversions matched and destroyed Hunting Grounds, which triggered Multani. Nissa was then active again in the same turn, so I used her +1 ability again before attacking for the win that turn.

Even recognizing that vanguards are supposed to reactivate after gaining an extra swap, there are clearly issues with how Nissa activates for use.

Deck:

Ramunap Hydra

Snarespinner

Glowstone Recluse

Skyway Sniper

Pride Sovereign

Mutilate

Hunting Grounds

Nesting Grounds

Nissa of Shadowed Boughs

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Options
    I am seeing issues today in Training Grounds with this deck:
    Song of Creation
    Leafkin Avenger
    Faeburrow Elder
    Temple of Plenty
    Reclaim the Wastes
    Bala Ged Recovery
    Animist’s Awakening
    Cultivate
    Omen of the Hunt
    Nissa of Shadowed Boughs
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Bubbles_CS - do not have the card, but maybe you could specify if it is the normal or alternate art version. It has sometimes been the case that only one version is bugged.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Options
    Fair point, @Tremayne. I am using the standard version of Nissa here.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for all the information!
    This issue will be investigated.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I think this might have been fixed with the fix for another linked issue.
    Please let me know if this is still happening.

Marcela