Rite of Replication Kicker Fail [Can’t reproduce]

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
So I just cast Emergent Ultimatum and the 3 remaining cards of 4 that it kept for me were Gaea's Revenge, Rite of Replication, and Garruk's Harbinger. They recieved full mana and on the next turn I was able to cast all 3, which I did in the order mentioned above, Gaea then Replication, at which point I planned on using the 15 mana kicker cost of Replication by draining it from Garruk's Harbinger that was the next card in my hand (who costs 15 and had full mana) but it did not give me the option to kick. Mind you I had gained even more mana from my gem match first. This is not good at all; the brand new exclusive mythic from the $30 bundle, not doing it's thing, the main thing people want that card for. Needs an immediate fix. I have a video of it happening here.
https://youtu.be/FccQzgL4m1c

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So I just cast Emergent Ultimatum and the 3 remaining cards of 4 that it kept for me were Gaea's Revenge, Rite of Replication, and Garruk's Harbinger. They recieved full mana and on the next turn I was able to cast all 3, which I did in the order mentioned above, Gaea then Replication, at which point I planned on using the 15 mana kicker cost of Replication by draining it from Garruk's Harbinger that was the next card in my hand (who costs 15 and had full mana) but it did not give me the option to kick. Mind you I had gained even more mana from my gem match first. This is not good at all; the brand new exclusive mythic from the $30 bundle, not doing it's thing, the main thing people want that card for. Needs an immediate fix. I have a video of it happening here.
    Alright. I have the card too. First of all, did you read the text? The card works for me exactly as designed

Text on card: broken down in steps

1. Disable target creature until the beginning of your next turn.
    2. If it's an opposing non-token creature. Put a copy of it on the battlefield under your control.
    3. Otherwise, reinforce it.
    4. That creature gains hexproof.
    5. Kicker 15: Reinforce that copy 4 additional times. 

So for #1, this can be targeted on your own or another creature.  Basically this card can tactically delay an attack of one of your creatures by shutting it down. I.e. your opponent has prevent damage on opposing creature that could kill said targeted creature. other than that,  that's all this card does if you target your own creatures. The rest of the text requires an opposing target for to even trigger. 

#2 targeting an opposing creature will create a copy of it on your side of the battlefield. Unless you already have a copy in play then it will simply reinforce, exactly as it states in step 3.

#4 "that creature" means the copy, not the targeted creature be it yours or the opponent. This step is looking to give hexproof to the copy, or reinforced copy (the latter technically should have hexproof by this point so additional hexproof is merely a redundant action)

#5 if filled, the kicker is now looking to reinforce the resultant copy 4 times. Not the existing copy or the target such as your own. Only the opposing creature that you targeted,  created a copy and had kicker saved for.  The kicker won't even prompt you if you target your own creature.  It's not designed to reinforce your creatures.  Just the copy created with that spell at that moment. To reiterate, it does not reinforce an existing copy. 

*edit: I was wrong,  it does reinforce a copy in play 4 times. I must have been falling just short of the needed 15 for it trigger the second time when testing.  I own up to that error,  apologies.  

it worked exactly as it described in the text in Game play for me.  The card is almost pointless to use on your own creatures... you're paying out the tiny kitty to simply disable one of your own creatures, losing the kicker and additional benefits because it's not an opposing creature.  

So I disagree,  the card works fine,  just target the right creature and follow the steps and you'll get the results the card states. 

• Gunmix25
    Options
    @Endbringer Question, have you experienced a replacement issue with this card? I.e. having a full board of 3 creatures. Targeting an opponent's creature and having to choose a creature to exile in order to play the copy and when the kicker fires it doesn't reinforce the copy 4 times. it instead tries to prompt you to find a card to replace with the card you just exiled, four times? 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The card works exactly as designed. The only way you can activate the kicker ability is if you target your opponent creature creating a copy of it on your side of the board. If you target your own creatures you will only reinforce it once.
    Remember that the creature you target will get hexproof and is disbaled until the beginning of your next turn. So if you target your own creature you get to reinforce it once and give it hexproox but no kicker. If you target an opposing creature you disable it until end of turn and it also gets hexproof, you get a copy of it on your side of the board and you can chose to activate the kicker ability and reinforce that copy 4 additional times.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    The card works exactly as designed. The only way you can activate the kicker ability is if you target your opponent creature creating a copy of it on your side of the board. If you target your own creatures you will only reinforce it once.
    Remember that the creature you target will get hexproof and is disbaled until the beginning of your next turn. So if you target your own creature you get to reinforce it once and give it hexproox but no kicker. If you target an opposing creature you disable it until end of turn and it also gets hexproof, you get a copy of it on your side of the board and you can chose to activate the kicker ability and reinforce that copy 4 additional times.
    @BongoTheGrey I'm bumping this question to you: I have only seen this once... but rarely encounter an opportunity to replicate.  having a full board of 3 creatures. Target an opponent's creature. you will be prompted to replace one of your creatures to put the copy into play. When the Kicker fires and the reinforcement phase of that ability starts, are you getting reinforcements for the copy or are you being asked to re-play the creature you just replaced four times? Super curious if this repeats, This app has had replacement issues in the past.

otherwise, I agree the card works exactly as it states. 

• RefSledge
    RefSledge Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed three separate issues with this card.

1. The Hexproof doesn't apply until after your turn. So if you have a full mana card under Rite of Replication, you can target an enemy creature, see the Hexproof icon and still target it (usually with an Unsummon or similar).
    2. The full board replace issue will ALWAYS fail. After you replace and pay the Kicker, nothing else noticable happens, UNLESS the creature you replaced had an on cast ability. Then the game will perform that 4 times but create no new copies of anything.
    3. The same failure to replicate after the Kicker occurs when you replicate a creature that has an on cast ability that targets a different creature. In my case, I had a creature and replicated a Fleahbag Marauder. It asked if I wanted to destroy my creature to destroy an enemy creature. I consented, the effect occurred and then I was asked to pay the Kicker. After I did, it asked four times if I wanted to destroy a creature (I had no more so I said no) but no other copies were created.

Honestly, I love the card but these situations occur 100% of the time so I end up having to plan around them or simply be frustrated at them.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have a fix for this issue scheduled for the next release.
    Thank you for all the feedback!
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

#4 "that creature" means the copy, not the targeted creature be it yours or the opponent. This step is looking to give hexproof to the copy, or reinforced copy (the latter technically should have hexproof by this point so additional hexproof is merely a redundant action)

So, the first time I used this card it gave the hexproof to Greg's creature (the one being copied). However, I have played a match since then where Greg cast it to copy one of my creatures and it worked as worded. I haven't tried it since then, but I've seen it not work correctly a nonzero number of times.
    Options

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Flavoracle
    Flavoracle Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

I can provide all of that information with several screenshots. I have never been able to get the kicker to work for Rite of Replication. I tried to find a method for contacting support within the game, but couldn’t find any. How should I best send you my information and screenshots? 
    Options
    In-game: Setting -> Help Center (FAQ) -> Choose a Topic according to your issue -> If that Topic doesn't help you, click on NO (bottom of the screen) -> CONTACT US

Web: Access https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/ -> CONTACT US

FYI, I think it's better to send images through the weblink. If you use it, don't forget to provide your UID when opening the ticket.

Sorry about the delay and thank you for your interest,
    Marcela.