Unholy Outlaw - Round 2 - March 28-30

Looks like the next tourney after LazyThor's Lord Of Thunder is a re-run of The Hood's Unholy Outlaw tourney, starting on Friday around 11PM CST.

Given that it will take place during the last leg of the simulator event, it's probable that the prizes will end up being Gold Cap covers since those will all be distributed at the same time as the simulator rewards.

Tourney is live.

Cover rewards are-

1 - IW Yellow
2 to 10 - Black Panther black and blue
11 to 50 - Black Panther blue
51 to 200 - ** Wolverine yellow

This is an alliance tourney and the reward is Black Panther yellow and/or HP

Comments

• Cool, I like playing with The Hood. Gives you a lot of options in team compostion.
  • I really hope there are Hulk rewards.

I have a finished X-Force and an almost complete IW. All 2*s are long done and almost all 3*s are too. However, I still only have 4 black Hulks and that's after I bought two of them with HP.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    Ahhh yesss, some way of winning lazy #2 besides the SIm. Hopefully.
    Where are the times when PvE was less stressful than PvP?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder if I should pump some more iso into the Hood instead of saving it for lazythor. My main problem with him is that since he's support, it doesn't seem like he would be used over C. Mags + Punisher if theres a buffed character. He seems like the perfect complement to them when its No Holds Barred or something, but I'm not sure if he would on a team with a required character.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I really hope there are Hulk rewards.

I have a finished X-Force and an almost complete IW. All 2*s are long done and almost all 3*s are too. However, I still only have 4 black Hulks and that's after I bought two of them with HP.

yea, I had to buy two of mine. Got lucky on my fifth from a standard token pull.
  • Wonder if I should pump some more iso into the Hood instead of saving it for lazythor. My main problem with him is that since he's support, it doesn't seem like he would be used over C. Mags + Punisher if theres a buffed character. He seems like the perfect complement to them when its No Holds Barred or something, but I'm not sure if he would on a team with a required character.

I would if I had the covers, he's a great support character
  • If I'm right, this will end 12 hours before the PVE, as the weekend PVP always starts on friday at 5PM in my timezone, 12 hours before round 4 of the simulator starts.

So i'd bet against Lazy Cap covers.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Looks like the next tourney after LazyThor's Lord Of Thunder is a re-run of The Hood's Unholy Outlaw tourney, starting on Friday around 11PM CST.

Given that it will take place during the last leg of the simulator event, it's probable that the prizes will end up being Gold Cap covers since those will all be distributed at the same time as the simulator rewards.

I would really enjoy that. Though I think more regular prizes are more likely.

Too bad we ran out of LRs I couldn't get the 5th blue cover for full fun. I was thinking to dump levels in Hood yesterday, now it will just happen for good. icon_e_smile.gif He's way too fun for himself even stealing just 4 colors for the rest of the party.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Wonder if I should pump some more iso into the Hood instead of saving it for lazythor. My main problem with him is that since he's support, it doesn't seem like he would be used over C. Mags + Punisher if theres a buffed character. He seems like the perfect complement to them when its No Holds Barred or something, but I'm not sure if he would on a team with a required character.

But does he even need levels?

His most useful ability is blue, which is completely level independant. The AP generation part of yellow is also level independant. His HP are so insanely low, you never ever want him to do a match. So why not just keep him at level 15? As long as he has 5 yellow and 5 blue covers he should be just as useful as with level 100. The only aspect you are really leveling up is survivability of AoEs. But is that worth a few hundred k of ISO?
    I'd love to hear some thoughts on this, since I just started building my Hood myself.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

His most useful ability is blue, which is completely level independant. The AP generation part of yellow is also level independant. His HP are so insanely low, you never ever want him to do a match. So why not just keep him at level 15? As long as he has 5 yellow and 5 blue covers he should be just as useful as with level 100. The only aspect you are really leveling up is survivability of AoEs. But is that worth a few hundred k of ISO?
    I'd love to hear some thoughts on this, since I just started building my Hood myself.

don't forget defense in pvp

He'll die in 1 match at lvl 15 while at 4k health he could provide issues if paired with a spiderman or someone else who steals mana/stuns
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited March 2014
    KaioShinDE wrote:

I think the main attraction to leveling him is to make him an actual threat on defense. He has insanely low hp (especially on low levels), so I was curious about how much you needed to level him in order for him to be viable in PvP. Level 100 would get him up to 3.1k hp, whereas 141 would get him to 4.3k hp (which seems significantly better on defense). I'm currently debating whether or not to level him to 100: I have him at 70 right now so it would take 45k iso to do so.
  • Hoods tend to get leveled to compete in Hood Lightning Rounds and nothing else. Those yellow covers do not come cheap and easy. A level 100 Hood tells others to stay away.

As far as PVE goes, my Hood is 4/5/5 (I'll fix it next time I get yellow) at lvl 40ish and he is just great. He will never not die instantly from lvl 230 mob attacks, but enemies rarely get a chance to do that with the Hood around.
  • My general opinion is that you should level all 3* characters to at least 90. There are too many other characters that rely on tile damage values to maximize their damage output. So, I think you do yourself a great disservice (overall) to keep them so weak.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Ah yes PvP defense, that does make sense. Still, I think I'll keep him to PvE for now and focus ISO on more urgent cases first. Recent events and tournaments have convinced me that several Lv100 and 85 champs are more valuable than a single core team with 141 and jack otherwise.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    His most useful ability is blue, which is completely level independant. The AP generation part of yellow is also level independant. His HP are so insanely low, you never ever want him to do a match. So why not just keep him at level 15? As long as he has 5 yellow and 5 blue covers he should be just as useful as with level 100.

Well, in PVP if I saw a 50- lvl hood with insignificant health I went in without hesitation. However if he has 3k or more I'd more inclined to pass the trouble. icon_e_smile.gif

lvl 15 hood = invitation for attack. He has what, 600 health? 3 matches and gone. Before taking a single AP.
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited March 2014
    Toxicadam wrote:
    My general opinion is that you should level all 3* characters to at least 90. There are too many other characters that rely on tile damage values to maximize their damage output. So, I think you do yourself a great disservice (overall) to keep them so weak.

I disagree: level 90 3* characters are nowhere near intimidating in PvP as level 141 characters, so I would almost never use a level 100 character in PvP. Level 90 characters are fine for PvE, but Hood is fine at level 70 for PvE since his abilities don't scale with damage. The question I need to ask myself is whether I would run a level 100 Hood in PvP over a level 141 C. Mags/Punisher, and I'm not sure if I would.
  • Even at level 141 he's very vulnerable to any kind of match damage boosts, which most people should have an abundance of, so you really don't want him to have even less level compared to the rest of your team.
  • I have a maxed out Hood ready to go for this. Hopefully it has rewards I want though - otherwise I'm gonna snooze through another PvP tournament. Any chance IceIX could shoot us the rewards again like he did for Lord of Thunder? I'll understand if not, since that would set a bit of an obnoxious precedent where we'll want to know the rewards ahead of time, every time.
  • I rock a 141 Hood and love him paired with Punisher and Mag. Ever since I've started using him, I've actually had fairly good luck on defense too. Last lightning round I got attacked twice with two defensive victories. I wasn't even trying to place but got pushed up a reward tier from the wins.
  • Ghast wrote:
    As far as PVE goes, my Hood is 4/5/5 (I'll fix it next time I get yellow) at lvl 40ish and he is just great. He will never not die instantly from lvl 230 mob attacks, but enemies rarely get a chance to do that with the Hood around.
    4/5/4 maybe? icon_e_wink.gif