**** Scorpion (Classic) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited January 2021 in Character Details
2020-11-23-NC-Scorpion-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Scorpion (Classic)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary) 
Affiliations: Villains, Sinister Six

"MacDonald Gargan was a private investigator until he underwent paid genetic experiments that promised to make him stronger than Spider-Man. Now he calls his own shots as the Scorpion, using his mechanical tail to take whatever he wants. If Spider-Man wants to stop this foe, he'll have to out-think him rather than overpower him." 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 4038 Health / 14956 Health
 8 |  42 |  10 |  33 |  37 |  9 |  23 |  4.0x
 11 | 85 |  13 |  65 |  74 |  12 |  43 |  3.5x
Acid Spray - 7  AP
Scorpion's tail sprays acid onto his enemies, eating through their armor and inflicting searing pain. Increases the strength of up to 3 friendly Strike tiles by 17 and reduces the strength of up to 3 enemy Protect tiles by 17. Scorpion deals 204 damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 32 Strike, 32 Protect reduction, 397 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 334 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 650 damage)
  • Level 3: Increases strength of up to 5 friendly Strike tiles by 43 and reduces strength of up to 5 enemy Protect tiles by 17. (Max level strength 80 Strike, 32 Protect reduction)
  • Level 4: Deals 593 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 1155 damage)
  • Level 5: Increases strength of up to 7 friendly Strike tiles by 76 and reduces strength of up to 7 enemy Protect tiles by 17. Deals 992 damage to the enemy team. (Max level strength 142 Strike, 32 Protect reduction, 1931 damage)
Adrenaline Surge -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) When the fight gets tough, Scorpion fights tougher. The first time the enemy team fires a power each turn, gain 1 Purple AP and create a strength 61 Red Strike tile. (Max level strength 119 tile)
  • Level 2: Creates a strength 85 Red Strike tile. (Max level strength 166 tile)
  • Level 3: Creates a strength 110 Red Strike tile. (Max level strength 215 tile)
  • Level 4: Creates a strength 158 Red Strike tile. (Max level strength 308 tile)
  • Level 5: Gain 2 Purple AP and creates a strength 192 Red Strike tile. (Max level strength 375 tile)
Sting and Claw - 10  AP
Scorpion alternates attacks from unexpected angles to keep his foes off balance and create new openings. Deals 3 hits of 232 damage each. If this power downs the target, gain 5 Purple AP. (Max level 451 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 334 damage each hit. Gains 6 Purple AP If this power downs the enemy. (Max level 649 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 436 damage each hit. Gains 7 Purple AP If this power downs the enemy. (Max level 848 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 622 damage each hit. Gains 8 Purple AP If this power downs the enemy. (Max level 1209 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1002 damage each hit. Gains 9 Purple AP If this power downs the enemy. (Max level 1948 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Release Debut:

Scorpion & Foes

• Starts: December 6, 2020, 08:00

• Ends:  December 11, 2020, 08:00

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Scorpion (Classic) cover

• 1x Random Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Psylocke (Classic) covers

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Daken (Dark Avengers) covers

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Lost In Time

• Starts: December 3, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  December 7, 2020, 02:00

• Scorpion (Classic) in placement rewards

Introducing… Scorpion

• Starts: December 3, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  December 10, 2020, 07:00

• Scorpion (Classic) Shards

Featured Event:

Deadpool vs MPQ

• Starts: December 6, 2020, 07:00

• Ends: December 11, 2020, 02:00

• Scorpion (Classic) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Ends: December 11, 2020, 08:00

• Scorpion (Classic) Shards

• Tokens to the Scorpion & Foes Vault

Versus Tournament:

Sting Theory

• Ends: December 9, 2020, 15:00

• Scorpion (Classic) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Scorpion & Foes Vault

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    That purple will be fun when boosted by Okoye's WF. Should be able to take down a character which will return 9 purple so that you can just about fire it again and he should be swimming in purple if the enemy is firing powers.
    A bit disappointing that the Green power reduction of enemy protects is capped so low (32). Makes it almost useless at the 4* tier never mind the 5* tier (if he's teamed up with any 5*s).
    KGB
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uh, I know this will affect like maybe one or two people, but shouldn't he conflict with 1* Venom?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm usually a big fan of the art design in this game, but woof on that Scorpion.
    Anyway, his green feels like a really nice power for the 4* tier, but I don't see him punching up, which is the kind of design a lot of people love.
    His red is useless in PvP, but it should be nice against goons that drop a lot of CDs. That's a lot of purple generation.
    His purple is going to be a bomb when boosted in PvE. It's initially expensive, but you're going to use it when you can down someone, at which point it has a super-cheap turnaround with a triple dip in whichever power boost you're running.
    People on these boards don't like it when 4* characters play in the highest tier, and I don't see him being able to with this kit. Yet, he's still quite powerful, mostly in PvE. Seems like a fun design.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's... not bad actually. That Purple is going to be fun with Okoye.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would spec him at 3/5/5.

His Acid Spray reminds me of 3* Dr Ock's green power: an almost 50% cheaper AoE that has many effects, without the random stun. His debuff caps at 224 and you need 7 enemy protect tiles to hit 224. I would rely on other teammates who can buff more reliably and then use his AoE to do more damage.

His Adrenaline Surge is meant for power spammers, especially goons. You get a red 375 strike tile on the board and 2 purple aps regularly. When it's time to use his Sting and Claw, the target will probably be downed and you get back 9 purple aps, and you start the cycle again. By then, you would probably be purple ap positive. 

His abilities synergy well, even if he's the last man standing. If there's a better purple power user, I would use him as my goons to feed purple passively when I'm facing goons. Off the top of my head, most purple powers usually deal with invisibility or stun. Mordo, Nightcrawler or 5* Prof X could be fun with him. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could probably find a use for that red passive on some kind of team. There aren’t too many purple batteries. I actually love the throwback look; I hope we get more vintage designs like this on and 5* Doc Oc
  • Borstock
    I could probably find a use for that red passive on some kind of team. There aren’t too many purple batteries. I actually love the throwback look; I hope we get more vintage designs like this on and 5* Doc Oc

I enjoy vintage/retro designs. I LOVE the Doc Ock 5* art. I just don't enjoy this one. Too much of the same exact shade of green. He looks like a naked dude wearing sunglasses who just happens to have green skin.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:

I enjoy vintage/retro designs. I LOVE the Doc Ock 5* art. I just don't enjoy this one. Too much of the same exact shade of green. He looks like a naked dude wearing sunglasses who just happens to have green skin.
    Scorpion has always had that weird green color around his mouth and nose, when it should be flesh colored.  Regardless, I'm glad to see they used his retro style art, but seeing his Into The Spider-Verse variation would have been cool too.

Are we able to use Scorpion and 1* Venom on the same team, since they're both Mac Gargan?  I mean, I don't know why you would, but the question remains.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rally interesting character.  1st strong purple Accelerator.  The only other one I can think of is 3* IM.  This could be good in PVE against goons.  One CD and you get 2 AP every turn.  bad in PVP if you can one shot him right away.

purple really needs Okoye or Apocalypse help, but could be great with that support.  If you get 12 Purple you could fire 3 times in a row.  Now without this support this power is fairly weak.

his green just feels like it is trying to do too much.  3,5,5 is the build for me.  On his own he is kind of bad.  With a couple of the right characters he will work fine when essential 
  • HoundofShadow
    I think the dev would do that, and also throw in those goons that generate purple aps. I doubt the players would do that unless they are trying to make some memes or stories with the team.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    Rally interesting character.  1st strong purple Accelerator.  The only other one I can think of is 3* IM.  This could be good in PVE against goons.  One CD and you get 2 AP every turn.  bad in PVP if you can one shot him right away.

purple really needs Okoye or Apocalypse help, but could be great with that support.  If you get 12 Purple you could fire 3 times in a row.  Now without this support this power is fairly weak.

his green just feels like it is trying to do too much.  3,5,5 is the build for me.  On his own he is kind of bad.  With a couple of the right characters he will work fine when essential 
    Hey now, SWitch would like a little recognition.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand why he's being called a purple battery. Other than goons, how many abilities do you plan on letting the opponent fire? Scarlet Witch is a purple battery, not this guy. He's just more mediocre drek.
  • Borstock
    Thanos said:
    I don't understand why he's being called a purple battery. Other than goons, how many abilities do you plan on letting the opponent fire? Scarlet Witch is a purple battery, not this guy. He's just more mediocre drek.

He's not a purple battery in PvP.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin said:
    wymtime said:

Hey now, SWitch would like a little recognition.
    I forgot switch.  That just shows how long I have been in 5* land.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I think an Okoye / Polaris / 355 Scorpio ♏️ team could be an interesting combination.  He’s better than recent releases of NST and RedG
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    Borstock said:
    Thanos said:

He's not a purple battery in PvP.

Which I think is a shame.
    We've got 100+ 4star characters and multiple batteries for every colour... *except* purple for some weird reason. If you need to feed purple, you have to go back to 3stars and use SWitch.
    When I saw his power, I got really excited that he might finally be a 4* purple battery - but yeah, vs PvE-goons only.
    I'd really like a PvP-useable 4* purple battery.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited December 2020
    Medusa could be one, given the current special tile spamming meta. It's random, but you gain either 3 blue, green or purple ap. But the amount of special tile spam that Polaris put on the board is enough to overcome the randomness.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    He could have been a decent replacement for SB in PvE scl10 if his multi hit attack was on red and not purple (with okoye and 5hor), as is, he is ok, the purple acceleration is good against goons specially. Sadly I dont think he will have a lot of use for most people (at least not for me :( )

Hey Devs, what if you move your focus a bit more into 5 chars?, quite a long time without releasing a great 5 char (since Apoc), stop releasing useless chars like Magneto. This game is starting to get pretty boring with not a single char to look up to.