Marvel Puzzle Quest R216 Release Notes (11/23/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R216 Release Notes.

“Passionate and stubborn?”

• Plan the perfect moment to strike with Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), now in select events!
  • Take your Alliance to the top in the Avengers v. Ultron Event on 11/26.
  • Keep matching those gems and raking in the rewards before the Reality Stone Season comes to an end on 12/6.

Additional Details:

• Black bars on text and missing tiles no longer appear under certain circumstances.
  • On the Steam version of the game, scrolling to the bottom of the Resources store correctly displays the full button for each item.
Tagged:

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone

So....Nothing on the Carol nerf? 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jp1 said:
    @LakeStone

To be fair, that wasn't in R216...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a bundle called Love and War featuring Spiderwoman and Th4nos. Is this the answer to the mystery why 3* Thanos feeds Spiderwoman? 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    jp1 said:
    @LakeStone

To be fair, that wasn't in R216...
    Yeah, just figured I would give it a shot, given there has been zero communication outside of this one and done announcement.

What elephant?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I googled “Passionate and stubborn”. One of the t5 results was a link to a book titled: “Scorpio: Resourceful Brave Passionate Stubborn A True Friend”. So then I googled “Marvel scorpio“ and sure enough, there was a Marvel character named Scorpio (Jacob Fury), who apparently was Nick Fury’s younger brother and a member of a villainous group named the Zodiac Cartel which had one member named after each astrological sign.

I never heard of this guy before but now I guess they can add 11 more astrological villains and introduce a new affiliation.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe Scorpion then?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe Scorpion then?
    I wouldn't discount the possibility, their clues aren't always the most spot on. In that case Scorpion would be a play on Scorpio (unless Scorpion was a Scorpio and/or was known for being passionate and stubborn). And I think Scorpion is a bit more mainstream. I'm leaning towards your guess.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the Scorpio guess is too cold of a theory , as he was only 1/12th of a cartel . Only if they let him summon another Zodiac member , like Lockjaw does, would it be interesting. I can’t think of any mainstream characters where those traits stand out .
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My guess originally was Cannonball, because passionate and stubborn seem to fit him, and I also just feel like it’s about time he’s in the game already.

but now that people are bringing up Scorpio sign, I really think it’s going to be Scorpion.
    we haven’t had a Spider-Man character in a while.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marvel is actually reprinting Nick Fury/Wolverine: The Scorpio Connection in an upcoming Wolverine Omnibus so I guess it is within the realms of possibility that it could be Scorpio tied to that but he is still a bit obscure. The rest of the Zodiac bar Libra (Mantis Dad) were mostly nobodies.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Marvel is actually reprinting Nick Fury/Wolverine: The Scorpio Connection in an upcoming Wolverine Omnibus so I guess it is within the realms of possibility that it could be Scorpio tied to that but he is still a bit obscure. The rest of the Zodiac bar Libra (Mantis Dad) were mostly nobodies.
    So your guess is another Wolverine variant?
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    My first thought was actually another Spidey rogue as a synonym for "stubborn" is "hard-headed," so I thought Rhino. But I admittedly don't know where the "passionate" fits in there. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    So your guess is another Wolverine variant?

No, Scorpio was the villain in the story. That said, we really could do with another Wolverine! Howzabout this guy:

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hasselhoff Fury...

They're brining back Uatu in the comics.  Fury had been doing his job the last few years.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Donkeys are known for being stubborn. In Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream Bottom turns into an (three letter word meaning donkey) and falls in love with Titania. So maybe the clue is for Titania, though I would have expected Absorbing Man in game before his wife.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My guess originally was Cannonball, because passionate and stubborn seem to fit him, and I also just feel like it’s about time he’s in the game already.

but now that people are bringing up Scorpio sign, I really think it’s going to be Scorpion.
    we haven’t had a Spider-Man character in a while.

It will be Scorpion.  Future Fight is about to release him.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    helix72 said:
    What do you get when you cross Scorpion with Garth Brooks?
    A country stinger.
    Sir......leave.....now. Pretty bad joke but I'll give you it. Happy Thanksgiving fellow gamers of MPQ.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sir......leave.....now. Pretty bad joke but I'll give you it. Happy Thanksgiving fellow gamers of MPQ.

Your late by about a month and a half but I appreciate the sentiment. :p

Note: Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October.