Apocalypse passive preventing stun even when he’s the last opponent standing

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
I was facing a team in Magnetic Mayhem of Apocalypse, Polaris, and the required Magneto.  After eliminating Polaris and Magneto, I tried to stun Apocalypse to receive the message “immune to stun”.

My assumption is his passive counts himself as a mutant to prevent stun, but based on the wording of the ability clearly this is not intended.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    This has been reported many times.
    The stun immunity check happens at the beginning of the turn and so as long as 1 Mutant team mate is alive at the start of the turn he is immune for the entire turn regardless of what you do during your turn.
    At the start of the next turn you could stun him.
    KGB
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    This post: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83712/apocalypse-s-stun-immunity-is-bugged should have been in the Bugs subforum.

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the clarification.  So essentially it shouldn’t be working this way, but don’t count on it being addressed.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    It absolutely should NOT be working that way. He should only be immune to being stunned while he actually has an Active Mutant Ally, and when all his mutant Allies are downed he no longer has an ACTIVE Mutant Ally, ergo, no stun immunity. 

The Stun immunity should not be checked at the start of the turn then granted for the entirety of the turn, if that is what's happening; it should be checked when you actually attempt to stun Apocalypse.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is almost certainly checked when you attempt to stun him and it finds him immune to stun.
    The issue is that the status flags for characters (immunity to 'X', is stunned, is airborne, does extra damage and so on) are almost certainly checked once at the start of that characters turn. I suspect Professor $ damage reduction works the same was (ie he gets the extra reduction even if his teammates are killed until the start of his next turn).
    To recode everything to constantly check status flags at this stage of MPQ may be next to impossible without introducing a slew of other bugs (some of which may have been fixed by moving status checks to start of turns). In other words, how it works now is probably how it's going to work,
    KGB
  • JSP869
    Beta Ray Bill is not a Mutant. Why does BRB being an active ally grant Apocalypse stun immunity?
    Or was it that even with Kitty already stunned at the start of my turn Apocalypse still had stun immunity?
    I guess we'll never know.
    The only thing we do know is that the way Apocalypse's stun immunity is determined is a bunch of horse pucky, as Colonel Potter would say.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Beta Ray Bill is not a Mutant. Why does BRB being an active ally grant Apocalypse stun immunity?
    Or was it that even with Kitty already stunned at the start of my turn Apocalypse still had stun immunity?
    I guess we'll never know.
    The only thing we do know is that the way Apocalypse's stun immunity is determined is a bunch of horse pucky, as Colonel Potter would say.

Yup.  A stunned character is still "Active".  They need to be downed to be "inactive".
  • JSP869
    Now I'm curious as to which other characters have powers that specifically refer to active allies, and how their allies being stunned but not Downed affects their powers...if at all.

Interestingly, a search for 'active' on the Wiki pulls up Taskmaster's page but not Peggy Carter's page, even though  Taskmaster is a hit because of Do as Peggy Says, while the only other hit (for playable characters) with a power affected by active allies is Heimdall.

I'm guessing that when Heimdall uses the Bifrost Bridge to send his allies Airborne they're supposed to be inactive so he gets the damage resistance buff.

We'll just ignore that Vulture generating AP for his team each turn that he's Airborne means he's not really inactive.

Sigh.