Patch Notes - 4.5.1

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi everyone,

We are having a Data Push and here is what you need to know:

Changes

• Zendikar Expedition (all 5 versions)

• We changed the Objective Score Points from 5/3/2 to 5/5/5.

(Zendikar Expeditions Event on 11/06/2020 will already have the new Objective Score Points.)

• Event: Rise of Adventure

We changed the Charge Refill Amount from 2 to 1.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the RoA change!
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, Marcela.

The ZE changes are a start...This does help me feel like our feedback is being heard. This does reduce the commitment to seven perfect games, which doesn’t feel like enough to me.

After skipping this event yesterday, I will give it another shot tomorrow if time permits.
  • deedubs
    deedubs Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Thank you! These are extremely welcomed changes. 
  • HigureTheWindStill
    HigureTheWindStill Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    critman said:
    critman said:
    So instead of decreasing the prizes and increasing the games we play from 4 to 10...

...they've decreased the prizes and increased the games we play from 4 to 7.

Still bad, isn't it? Still, good psychology on their part, well played Oktagon.
    I totally agree, the event is still way worse than RT. Is it nice to see that they are listening to us and improving the events? Of course it is. Should we just accept this new changes and forget about the ZE issue? Not at all. We may be better now than what we were last week, but we are still way worse than before Zendikar.

So thank you for listening to us and making the new events more enjoyable. This is important, and I do appreciate it. However, I still feel the new event is a clear downgrade from the previous RT, and I am still not happy with it. 
  • OperaSM
    OperaSM Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2020
    While the 5/5/5 ribbon reward increase is a good first step to making Zendikar Expeditions more tolerable, there is still a long way to go in making this a fun and enjoyable event for people to play regularly. It is roughly on par with TotP in terms of games and real time required to reach progression, which is a much greater commitment than that of original Rising Tension's 40 ribbon progression that this replacing. The prizes are still subpar compared to original RT, despite the increased work required to reach 100 ribbons. Continued improvements to the ZE events, especially to the annoying secondaries like attack with 10+ creatures that slow down winning matches, are still required to make some people who loved RT even feel it is worth the effort to play this event and continue to feel engaged in MTGPQ in general.

I hope to receive acknowledgement from support and developers that they have heard these inpassionated pleas and feedback and are working towards making further adjustments to the event.  Thank you for your thoughts and consideration on this.  We all want the game to succeed and thrive.  This is given with that ultimate goal in mind. 8^)
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    critman said:
    critman said:
    So instead of decreasing the prizes and increasing the games we play from 4 to 10...

I totally agree, the event is still way worse than RT. Is it nice to see that they are listening to us and improving the events? Of course it is. Should we just accept this new changes and forget about the ZE issue? Not at all. We may be better now than what we were last week, but we are still way worse than before Zendikar.

So thank you for listening to us and making the new events more enjoyable. This is important, and I do appreciate it. However, I still feel the new event is a clear downgrade from the previous RT, and I am still not happy with it. 
    This. 

I am glad they listened but i am nowhere near satisfied or anywhere near pleased. 
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    OperaSM said:
    While the 5/5/5 ribbon reward increase is a good first step to making Zendikar Expeditions more tolerable, there is still a long way to go in making this a fun and enjoyable event for people to play regularly. It is roughly on par with TotP in terms of games and real time required to reach progression, which is a much greater commitment than that of original Rising Tension's 40 ribbon progression that this replacing. The prizes are still subpar compared to original RT, despite the increased work required to reach 100 ribbons. Continued improvements to the ZE events, especially to the annoying secondaries like attack with 10+ creatures that slow down winning matches, are still required to make some people who loved RT even feel it is worth the effort to play this event and continue to feel engaged in MTGPQ in general.

I hope to receive acknowledgement from support and developers that they have heard these inpassionated pleas and feedback and are working towards making further adjustments to the event.  Thank you for your thoughts and consideration on this.  We all want the game to succeed and thrive.  This is given with that ultimate goal in mind. 8^)
    And this. 

Even with nerfed rewards, obnoxious objectives, and increased grinding time aside; the gameplay has become much worse since many are using speed decks with little regard for objectives. Its become a standard TotPs. This means more and more people will become frustrated, including the newer players Oktagon and D3Go hope to recruit for revenue. So not only are you irritating existing players but also newer ones, leading to a profit loss on two fronts. 

Isnt it always easier to retain paying, existing customers than to recruit new players and successfully transition them into paying ones?
  • HigureTheWindStill
    critman said:

It is sad that instead of giving us joyous reasons to spend our time playing, they purposefully slow it down to inflate the numbers. If this is the case, it’s actually quite dishonest toward investors and shareholders too. 
    I spose all we can do is hope that the number of players spending less time in the app because they quit playing ZE, or have cancelled their VIP, or have quit the game entirely causes enough of a dip in the stats that they are forced to backtrack.
    In my case at least with RT I could keep up with the game with just 30 minutes of playing, but now the rewards obtained with that time commitment are ridiculous and will make me unable to maintain a good card collection. I keep playing because I love my coalition and want to contribute to it, but since a single loss in the event makes you get pauper rewards, it won't help much in my game progression... If ZE does not get better, I am sure it won't be long before I quit playing. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor

Hi everyone,

We are having a Data Push and here is what you need to know:

Changes

• Event: Rise of Adventure

We changed the Charge Refill Amount from 2 to 1.

Did you really ? ... I still have 2 charges per refresh. 
  • HigureTheWindStill
    I cannot believe it... This is it, I am fed up with this game, since Zendikar release it has been a joke. And now the change they had announced is just a lie? Goodbye, I won't waste more time with it. 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed, anyone who has at least 120 score in RoA should be compensated with rank 1 rewards...
    If they refuse to honor that, I too am done. 

After playing two times, I have not been able to participate in Zendikar Expeditions- far too much time commitment for small rewards, forced to complete in 24 hours. Too much risk of not having time to break even at 50 score. 

Poor rewards aside, I can feel what others have said- we don’t have anything comparable to RT for trying out new cards, other than TG. How can we play our new cards and feel the game is still fresh, when their playability is severely limited by the restricted structure of the events now regularly scheduled?

Not to mention the bugs affecting Throne of Makindi, Nissa of Shadowed Boughs planeswalker AND rare vanguard, to name a few- these are EXCLUSIVE items that people paid for, and they are bugged from the start.

Will they compensate us for each day that these cards are in Standard and broken? Of course not. I feel sorry for anyone who bought these early for an advantage.
    Each day goes by is one less day we get to use them properly, at FULL VALUE, while they are exclusive. Some are not even fixed once they lose their exclusive designation.

It’s a small robbery by way of incompetence, and I’m beyond done with it. They want to push us into spending more, but tinykitty product is broken. I don’t know how they can get away with selling such broken content through the strict standard of quality that Apple has- my guess is, Apple is making bank enough to look the other way, or not enough complaints have been sent to them, or perhaps both. I do not think this game passes the minimum bar for consistency to be sold thru Apple, but that’s just my opinion.

Please, sell us a product that works consistently, BEFORE taking away most of the rewards we used to get through regular playing. It’s clear to me that they do not care if the customer base is very unhappy with all this, they have ZERO qualms about selling us a janky product. 

Shame, shame, shame! 
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    critman said:
    critman said:

Exactly, 5 more points for 1 less charge is still -20 points in any window of recharge time so you'll just have to come back in even more throughout the day to reach your point cap. We get 80 points as of now from 2 charges per the 4 nodes per reset period. This change will only allow us to get 60 points in a reset period (4×15). They want to own our souls.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi everyone,

I am here to apologize for the issue with the Rise of Adventure this weekend.
    For those who got 120 points, please open a ticket with Customer Support informing your UID number, and after investigation, if confirmed, we will send the 1st rank rewards for the Individual Ranking.
    Also, the event will not be scheduled anymore until it's fixed.

Thank you for understanding,
    Marcela.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    And for those who got 240 points can we ask for another set of 1st rank rewards  ;) Hey it is like we won twice. Moreover, we spent a lot of time on this event. 
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Also, the event will not be scheduled anymore until it's fixed.

This makes me think, there are more events taken out of the schedule. I don't think all of them are broken. Can we expect any events that were previously taken out back into the schedule too? 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Rasalghul said:
    And for those who got 240 points can we ask for another set of 1st rank rewards  ;) Hey it is like we won twice. Moreover, we spent a lot of time on this event. 
    Yes!!!! 
    I understand that those that scored 120 should be able to get the rewards. They put the time into the event to get what they assumed going in was max score. 
    However,  those of us that actually did get the max score of 240 put our time in as well.  
    Are you saying that we did what we did for nothing? That our effort to go all the way was wasted? 

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Sorin81 said:
    Rasalghul said:
    Yes!!!! 
    I understand that those that scored 120 should be able to get the rewards. They put the time into the event to get what they assumed going in was max score. 
    However,  those of us that actually did get the max score of 240 put our time in as well.  
    Are you saying that we did what we did for nothing? That our effort to go all the way was wasted? 

Not to mention the fact that players will have been granted their original rewards + the 1st rank rewards ... While top 1 finishers would only have received their 1st rank rewards

WE can assume each player from 120 to 240 Can claim them ... right?
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Basically,  top 1 finishers played RoA twice.  Shouldn't they recieve what they earned?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorin81 said:
    Basically,  top 1 finishers played RoA twice.  Shouldn't they recieve what they earned?

Why not put in a ticket and see what happens?  Technically you DID score 120 or above.  I see no reason you shouldn't get the rewards.