5* Mephisto

Options
Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
edited December 2020 in Speculation and Concepts
Greetings, everyone. 

New to this so I'd welcome any and all comments to improve. 

Here's my idea for a five-star Mephisto.

Mephisto

5-Star Rarity (Epic)

Devil’s Deal - Black 9 AP

Enemies make a deal with the devil for infernal power...with some dire consequences. Mephisto places a 3-turn Countdown tile on the board. This Countdown tile turns 5 random tiles into the enemy team’s strongest colour every round. Mephisto’s team gains an additional AP in all colours when an enemy match is made.

(Passive) When a friendly tile is matched or destroyed, increases the strength of all remaining friendly tiles by 30.

Level 2 - When a friendly tile is matched or destroyed, increases the strength of all remaining friendly tiles by 75.

Level 3 - Mephisto’s team gains 2 additional AP in all colours when an enemy match is made.

Level 4 - When a friendly tile is matched or destroyed, increases the strength of all remaining friendly tiles by 100.

Level 5 - Mephisto’s team gains 3 additional AP in all colours when an enemy match is made

Hellfire - Red 8 AP

The fires of hell burn strong. Places a 2-turn Repeater tile that turns all the surrounding 8 tiles into Attack tiles of strength 70. The Repeater tile is destroyed and relocated to another tile on the board.

(Passive) When a friendly countdown or Repeater tile reaches 0, deals 500 damage to all enemies.

Level 2 - Places a 2-turn Repeater tile that turns the surrounding 8 tiles into Attack tiles of strength 100.

Level 3 - When a friendly countdown or Repeater tile reaches 0, deals 1000 damage to all enemies.

Level 4 - Reduces duration of repeater tile to 1 round.

Level 5 - Repeater tile turns surrounding 8 tiles into Attack tiles of strength 150.

Demons of Hell - Purple (Passive)

The demons cannot wait to get out. Deals 1000 damage to all enemies when enemies make a match in their strongest colour.

Level 2 - Deals 1500 damage to all enemies when enemies make a match in their strongest colour.

Level 3 - Deals 2000 damage to all enemies when enemies make a match in their strongest colour.

Level 4 - Deals 2500 damage to all enemies when enemies make a match in their strongest colour.

Level 5 - Deals 3000 damage to all enemies when enemies make a match in their strongest colour.

Do let me know what do you think. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like Devil's Deal. It gives your opponent something just so you can get something. Well balanced. 

Hellfire is ok. I think it would be better if it relocates after it reaches 0. Otherwise, it's better off as a regular Countdown tile.

Demons of Hell's ability is a bit crowded with both abilities squeezed in there. The Attack tiles play well off of Hellfire, but the damage plays well off of Devil's Deal. Since Hellfire is likely to fill the board with Attack tiles pretty fast (especially if the tile relocates), I think DoH should only deal damage when the opponent makes a match in their strongest color to really punish them for their greed in Devil's Deal.

Overall, I like it.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akoni said:
    I like Devil's Deal. It gives your opponent something just so you can get something. Well balanced. 

Hellfire is ok. I think it would be better if it relocates after it reaches 0. Otherwise, it's better off as a regular Countdown tile.

Demons of Hell's ability is a bit crowded with both abilities squeezed in there. The Attack tiles play well off of Hellfire, but the damage plays well off of Devil's Deal. Since Hellfire is likely to fill the board with Attack tiles pretty fast (especially if the tile relocates), I think DoH should only deal damage when the opponent makes a match in their strongest color to really punish them for their greed in Devil's Deal.

Overall, I like it.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I agree with those changes. Thank you for the suggestions.