New Feature in R215: Daily Quests

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin

With R215 we’re planning on rolling out a new feature to Marvel Puzzle Quest, Daily Quests. 

With the Daily Quest feature players will be rewarded for completing different tasks in the game each day, culminating in a set of bonus rewards. Each Quest then resets at the start of the new day (11:00 UTC / 6:00AM Eastern), enabling players to get them again on each new day.

Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 6, Players will see an assortment of 7 Quests on each day, plus a larger overall Quest for completing at least 6 of these 7. These Quests will be a set with a couple guaranteed ones like winning Story Missions and Versus Missions, while others are pulled from a pool of missions that task players with different things in game, such as making matches in certain colors, using boosts, or creating Special tiles. Quests can also level up in difficulty as you increase your S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranking, with increased rewards to match. So as a new player, a Quest could require dealing out 5000 damage over the course of the day while a more advanced player is looking at 10K, or 25K+. Not only will the base Quests level up, but the larger Quest completion reward also increases, handing out more Iso, Shards, and other rewards like Taco Tokens each day.

Eagle eyed screenshot viewers may have noticed a second tab; Milestone Quests.

This feature of the Quest system isn’t going to be coming in with R215, but is planned soon as another part of the larger Quest feature we’re working on! We’ll have more information on the Milestone Quest and other Quest systems in the future.

We are looking forward to getting Daily Quests in everyone's hands starting in R215. Let us know how you like it and if there's any other quests you'd like to see come to the game!

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of those things people have requested for ages that I never thought would happen. Sweet.

Here's hoping there's some Support tokens woven into the rewards at some point. Because I don't need ISO for completing story missions. I need Supports. Or 5-star covers. Dropping all those ISO rewards and giving me a single 5-star shard each time would be an improvement. I guess I can be glad for all of the newer players that they have a new ISO source to help with the crunch they get into in the 3/4-star tiers.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    this looks like fun! i also like it being a 24 hour window like ddq instead of the weird timer reset of the spicy tokens.

i agree with the hope that the rewards would scale well with shield rank - replace iso with hp/cp, 3* shards with 5* shards, and for the love of god throw in some support tokens.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is definitely a surprise. Let's hope R215 comes really soon. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like a very positive and welcome addition to the game. B)B)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Hopefully not many quests are about buying stuff.
    It would work well if 1 of the 7 was the max. So it is possible to complete 6 Dailies without spending, but so that if you complete 5 and just can't do a 6th for some reason, a small purchase completes the 7th (netting you 6 total for the Big Quest). Spending as a requirement doesn't prevent you from getting it done, but it can help you along the way (enticing people to spend without gatekeeping in the process).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    As better reward is offered for higher SR, so is the challenge.  :D

The best case scenario is spending 35 HP on 3* shards and the worst, 560HP on 5* shards. 

Maybe players who bought VIP are considered to have completed this quest for the next 28 days. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I see this is it is just an extra - if you can do it great, if not then hey-ho. The train 3 powers presumably includes Champion levels?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely enjoy seeing this addition.  That said, I don't think it'll change how I play -- although, I might look at it another time or two if, lets say, I need to play a couple more PvPs to get another quest done.  

I can see that changing up my play just a bit.  Of course, as long as real life permits.  :)
  • PiMacleod
    JHawkInc said:
    OJSP said:
    It would work well if 1 of the 7 was the max. So it is possible to complete 6 Dailies without spending, but so that if you complete 5 and just can't do a 6th for some reason, a small purchase completes the 7th (netting you 6 total for the Big Quest). Spending as a requirement doesn't prevent you from getting it done, but it can help you along the way (enticing people to spend without gatekeeping in the process).
    I like this idea -- but I wonder if they'll implement it like this.  I'd really like it if it were the way you say.  But there's no way to predict based on this screenshot.  They could have only 6 quests down the list... or they could have 10 down that list!  Crossing my fingers for our sake.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I truly hope the 'buy something' is very very rare. But otherwise this is great. Thank you so much for all the work you guys do!
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    The way I see this is it is just an extra - if you can do it great, if not then hey-ho. The train 3 powers presumably includes Champion levels?
    If not hopefully you can just re-spec a champed toon to get the 3 as well.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    JHawkInc said:
    OJSP said:
    I like this idea -- but I wonder if they'll implement it like this.  I'd really like it if it were the way you say.  But there's no way to predict based on this screenshot.  They could have only 6 quests down the list... or they could have 10 down that list!  Crossing my fingers for our sake.
    The description IceIX included says: "Players will see an assortment of 7 Quests on each day"
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Free resources for doing things that scalate with high ranks giving better rewards? This is a win-win for any player. Great.
    I suppose those are favourite shards. For advanced players winning 5* favourite shards could be of the most interest.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    it looks to be giving out slugs of favorite shards, which is nice. Should help the 3/4* targeted growth. @IceIX
    is this coming with any other economy tradeoffs or is it purely additional?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    What happens if you forget to hit the "CLAIM" button? Does it reset and you lose those rewards?
    Will any of the tasks be tied to using specific characters that a player may or may not have unlocked?
    Are the quests designed in such a way that progression players will hit all of the objectives? Or are there tasks that may require either a change in play style or additional time spent?
  • PiMacleod
    Thanks, @MoosePrime

That said, I also have realized that the 35 HP for 15 3* shards is technically in the Resources Store.  So, that's an option, if need be.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been on MPQ Wishlist for quite some time so I am very happy to see it make it into the game. Thank you!!
  • generic_username_8
    generic_username_8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    y4747 said:
    this looks like fun! i also like it being a 24 hour window like ddq instead of the weird timer reset of the spicy tokens.

On this note, is there any chance we can get the spicy token timer changes from every 25 hours to a normal time, like this or like 3* deadpool whale points? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    What happens if you forget to hit the "CLAIM" button? Does it reset and you lose those rewards?
    Will any of the tasks be tied to using specific characters that a player may or may not have unlocked?
    Are the quests designed in such a way that progression players will hit all of the objectives? Or are there tasks that may require either a change in play style or additional time spent?
    Right here in these examples you can see a "buy something from the resource store" task, so I'm guessing they aren't all tied to regular play