Seize the Day left node not counting graveyard cards

madwren
madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
Counter for graveyard cards incremented by 1 each turn. Perhaps it's counting turns instead of cards.

Note that the event support did function properly. I ended the game with 30+ in my graveyard. 

Edit: It appears as if it's counting the number of supports in graveyard

Comments

• Sonneth
    Sonneth Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Same, counter not tracking all cards. 

Maybe a coincidence but in my case the counter was equal to the number of *support* cards in my graveyard 
  • Sonneth
    Sonneth Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    • Which Event is being analyzed: Seize the day

• Which Node? Left

• Event supports: Gravestorm

• Planeswalker and Cards used to reproduce the bug: Angrath but most likely irrelevant

At turn 10 I had 50 cards in my graveyard but the objective counter was only showing 16/20. Of the 50 cards in my GY 10 were creatures, 24 were spells and 16 were supports

• Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Are decks with song or Phenax able to reach the objective?
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    @Heartstone
    Those cards are not legal in Seize the Day. 

It is only counting the supports I had in GY towards the objective. 

This is starting to feel awful, frequently losing many resources to these bugs.
    As stated above, you can never get rank 1 back through a CS ticket. The rewards for other events have been meager lately. 

It almost seems that by not changing the “winner takes all” rank system, bracket sizes, or compensating fully for bugs, it is also part of the policy to choke off resources. Very sad. I won’t be spending any more money until the ranking/reward system is fixed, or full compensation for bugs. My conscience won’t let me. 
    Feels like we’re being pushed towards spending money from every angle, even on the compensation policy.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    What the heck, this goal was working fine in all previous iterations of the event. Not only they introduce bugs with new cards, seems that they even start to introduce bugs in things which worked properly before.
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    @Heartstone
    Those cards are not legal in Seize the Day. 

It is only counting the supports I had in GY towards the objective. 

This is starting to feel awful, frequently losing many resources to these bugs.
    As stated above, you can never get rank 1 back through a CS ticket. The rewards for other events have been meager lately. 

It almost seems that by not changing the “winner takes all” rank system, bracket sizes, or compensating fully for bugs, it is also part of the policy to choke off resources. Very sad. I won’t be spending any more money until the ranking/reward system is fixed, or full compensation for bugs. My conscience won’t let me. 
    Feels like we’re being pushed towards spending money from every angle, even on the compensation policy.
    I agree. There must be compensation every time a bug occurs that prevents the majority if not everyone from possibly ranking in 1st or close to it, even if those players happen to legitimately lose fights or objectives in other areas of the event, simply because justice must be served and everyone deserves a fair opportunity. Now people will be scored even worse than their own doing, and in a case like this where every match with the bugged objective, keeps lowering a person's rank greatly each time around, people are getting double jacked over, triple! These events are what get us our currency other than spending money, and if the game is going to bug out because of the developer's failures, the players should absolutely be compensated, and if they're not, it only comes off as a blatant attempt to FORCE people to spend money just to remain in the race.
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    It happened to me as well just a bit ago. I was using Nicol Bolas. I first noticed 21 cards in my graveyard and 2 in my exile on turn 5 and the objective said 2 of 20. Next turn I noticed 26 in my grave and 3 in exile (from me having removed 3 cards from my hand overall) and the objective said 3. Next on the same turn I was able to Traumatize myself and place 10 cards in my grave from what was one of several ways I'd used aside from the resilient event gem, and I looked again to see 40 cards in the grave and 5 of 20 for the objective. With this event being one of the very few that ever come around that offer decent ranking rewards, for it to be bugged out like this, there should most definitely be compensation absolutely  NO Less than first place rewards for that's what we all could have earned with our time and effort, even if it means nobody has to a do a single other fight for the remainder of the event. That's called justice. Oh I forget the added bonus we should be given for our troubles aside from providing us 1st place rewards. That's just how it should go in all fairness.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I was stuck with Karn, but swapped in a couple of shrines for the node, then just hand-exiled them to GY. 
    Traumatize with Mirari as well.

Dwarven shrine is pretty useful competitively, and the Cephalid one actually surprised me a bit. I didn’t think it would work very well, just had it to pad the GY with supports. However, it did drain Greg’s mana quite a bit. I may keep a shrine in the deck even after this bug is gone.

Hopefully, I’ll still end up in 6-25, & get bumped back up to rank 1-5 by CS. 🤞
  • JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Can confirm the same issue. Game registered only supports that got into the graveyard. Lost a bunch of points because of that.
  • Tarthrin
    Tarthrin Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I had the same issue. Was stuck with Chandra and could not get cards to register with discard mechanics or exiling from my hand. Since I was locked into red I could not try it with black cards such as corpse churn.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is already confirmed and will be fixed as soon as possible!

Thank you for the heads up,
    Marcela.
    You should though @critman !
    60 Mana Crystals and 5 Mana Jewels for reporting, sound good to me 😆

This issue was fixed with the 4.5.1 release.