Reverse Wave Mode idea

Apologies in advance if this is an old idea.

I'm thinking of Infinity War, where Thanos mows through hero after hero.  Now that we have saved teams, what if you got to pick three teams who would face a boss in waves?  One enemy boss (or team), facing waves of hero teams that you control?  Might be fun. 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't this require the players to lose waves after waves? I suppose the first enemy boss won't be able to beat us on the first round unless they are overpowered, like level 750, or they are surrounded by minions feeding them aps. Add in the standard clauses like can't be stunned nor sent airborne, aps gainedfor players will reset each wave and whales can't be used.

Now this would be challenging and it will mimick Thanos mowing heroes after heroes.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, it wouldn't be health-pack friendly.  It would be a neat challenge, though - how to set up tiles with one wave that the next wave to come along can use.  
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    It could be interesting if downed heroes returned at full health in the end, somehow. Maybe instead of dealing damage the boss could force you to change teams with one of his special abilities.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Initially, I didn't care for this suggestion, however, there is something here. There are many more than just 3 characters that are synchronous. With charged tiles, for example, you could have 2-3 teams selected that create charged tiles and set the board for the second and third teams enter to take advantage of the already present charged tiles. I would enjoy an all-black Mystique/Scarlett Witch/Iron Fist combo which sets up a Cloak and Dagger/Domino extravaganza.

ANOTHER TWIST
    There is an opportunity to satisfy many players who believe that lower star characters have become worthless. For this type of event, players can be required to create 5 teams. The first team would consist of 1* characters, the second of 2* characters, the third of 3* characters, the fourth of 4* characters, and the fifth of 5* characters. For players who lack 2-5* characters, three to five loaned characters with 13 covers at their base levels could be offered to allow beginning and intermediate players to participate and get a taste of... TRUE POWER!

Corniness aside, this event could be another nice reprieve from the events in the current rotation.