Changes to Spidey & Mindless Ones

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Did anyone else notice they changed the cover for 5-star Spider-Man (Peter Parker)? I dunno... I liked the old cover better, I think. The new one is too busy when it's small - hard to tell what it even is.

Also, when I was playing 'Introducing...' today with Elsa, it seemed like the Mindless Ones resolved their tile-spitting faster than they used to. Or is that just me?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I think they have changed covers for Halloween - 4* Cap Marvel, Immortal Hulk, Carnage, Wolfsbane, 5* Black Widow, 3* Daredevil, Squirrel Girl, Spidey Back in Black, Misty Knight seem to be sporting new looks also. Edit - 4* Punisher & 4* Ghost Rider seems to round out the changes.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Right on. I forgot they do that. I like the temporary cover swaps, especially those kiddie ones.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Right on. I forgot they do that. I like the temporary cover swaps, especially those kiddie ones.
    Same. Love those. They're in the nature of caricature and convey a lot of extra insight along with the whimsy.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:
    Same. Love those. They're in the nature of caricature and convey a lot of extra insight along with the whimsy.
    Those covers are by Skottie Young. His artwork is always a treat.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Did anyone else notice they changed the cover for 5-star Spider-Man (Peter Parker)? I dunno... I liked the old cover better, I think. The new one is too busy when it's small - hard to tell what it even is.

Also, when I was playing 'Introducing...' today with Elsa, it seemed like the Mindless Ones resolved their tile-spitting faster than they used to. Or is that just me?
    Yup.  Halloween update.  No notice on the forum as to the changes, but if you follow MPQ on facebook, you can get updates.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    First match of the day?
    The Mindless Ones place their tiles very quickly for the first match after launching the game.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    First match of the day?
    Yes... darn it.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    First match of the day?
    Yes... darn it.
    This might be my biggest pet peeve in the game. I like the MOs because they're tough and cool-looking, but their ridiculously slow processing completely ruins the experience for me.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

Skottie is my favorite. I wish they'd switch to those permanently.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    MegaBee said:
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

We've got character costumes for cosmetic skin updates for both HP and $$, depending on star level and other stuff in the bundle.  How many HP/$$ would you be willing to spend for a different cover?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    MegaBee said:
    Yepyep said:
    Dormammu said:

We've got character costumes for cosmetic skin updates for both HP and $$, depending on star level and other stuff in the bundle.  How many HP/$$ would you be willing to spend for a different cover?