Change the Unfair Objective please

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
No more "Win with only common, uncommon, or rare decks," objectives unless you can make sure the match is against another deck of the same restrictions.

Seriously, it's not even a fair fight if you're placed up against a tier1 mythic deck.

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    After being destroyed by full-powered decks while playing with a pauper pile too many times, I've just stopped trying to meet these objectives.

The suggestion was made before, and I think it is a good one, to restrict whole events in this way so it's fair.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this is the greatest trap for new players.
    They're still very winnable with Rare- decks, but you have to pack so much removal in case you face that pumped up Mythic+ deck.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    After being destroyed by full-powered decks while playing with a pauper pile too many times, I've just stopped trying to meet these objectives.
    It's like a variant on Prisoner's Dilemma. Every time somebody gives up on the objective, they become one of those high-powered mythic decks that makes it harder for everyone else to hit the objective....
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Stormcrow said:
    It's like a variant on Prisoner's Dilemma. Every time somebody gives up on the objective, they become one of those high-powered mythic decks that makes it harder for everyone else to hit the objective....
    I'm still playing a pile, it's just a pile with mythics ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this is the greatest trap for new players.
    They're still very winnable with Rare- decks, but you have to pack so much removal in case you face that pumped up Mythic+ deck.

jtwood said:
    I In the current format, a top tier mythic+ deck can generate a full board of creatures every turn, plus generate at least 10 loyalty.  At one removal spell per turn, there is little that can match that power.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    win this: cascades, gaea, reinforced each turn due to permanent. game over. 16+32+48... only white or black have removal that is useable at the current state
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards

I hate pauper as much as the next person--it's a ridiculously overused objective--but the games are still very winnable.   Yes, you're starting at a disadvantage, but some of the posts in this thread make it sound like people feel it's an impossible obstacle to surmount. It isn't.