New Update: more restrictions - less events - more to buy

arevala
arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
After weekend all suddenly became legacy, and I expected the opposite: the chance to be introduced to the new standard restrictions smoothly. I mean, GRN and RNA events were a nice way to achieve some valuable resources over the week and now they're gone. Will be any standard substitute? At this date I didnt recieve any kind of free pack to guarantee a better experience in a completely new environment, even the 21days pack given today was M21. Standard, yeah, but why not ZNR?
I know frustration after rotation is goin to happen until time (and events) had passed, but I just don't see any way d3 is helpping players to achieve a better user experience
Tagged:

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I opened a ticket about the Super Pack being M21.

I swear, when Theros, Beyond Death was released, I purposefully waited to collect my 21st reward until after it was released. Then, I got a THB super pack.

Was it not routine before to get the latest set from that reward? If so, this is either an unannounced change (I’ve come to expect this), or a bug. Hopefully it’s just an error.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    The super pack is announced at the start of the month so it would be strange if they changed it on day 20. Fblthp however I expected to give ZEN instead of M21.
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    ArielSira said:
    The super pack is announced at the start of the month so it would be strange if they changed it on day 20. Fblthp however I expected to give ZEN instead of M21.
    Fblthp always gives a pack from the previous set, so nothing changed.

When M21 came out, it gave IKO, when IKO came out, it gave TBH... giving M21 is following the pattern.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Oh that's my bad, I thought we already had M21 from this event.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    ArielSira said:
    I am almost certain, once or twice, I waited for the new set release, BEFORE claiming the free super pack. After the release, the pack was updated to the newest set. Pretty sure anyway, I could be mistaken. We’ll see what CS says about the ticket I opened.

I definitely wouldn’t expect it to change AFTER its been claimed.

EDIT- UPDATE.

CS got back to me. Here’s their reply:

“Hello Smokincookz,

Thank you for contacting us.
    We checked with the team and the Extra Reward for October won't change. M21 Super Pack will be the Extra Reward until the end of the month. It was intentional to avoid a change in the middle of the month and some players receive a Super Pack from M21 and others from ZRN.
    Next month the Extra Reward will change to ZRN Super Pack.

If you have any further questions, please be sure to contact us!

Best Regards,
    Oktagon Support.”

Makes sense, since the release was on the 21st, they didn’t want to upset people by some people getting M21 and some ZNR, so just made it an M21 super pack for all, before and after update.