**** Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited December 2020 in Character Details
2020-10-09-Elsa-Bloodstone-NC-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary) 
Affiliations: Heroes

"Elsa Bloodstone's natural-born monster hunting skills have been honed to a lethal point by lifelong combat training and a powerful family artifact. Armed with a variety of weapon, an impressive array of swears, and a deep love of tea, Else is ready to show the world's evil creatures what is what!" 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 3779 Health / 13995 Health
 9 |  42 |  37 |  33 |  10 |  8 |  23 |  4.0x
 12 | 85 |  74 |  65 |  13 |  11 |  43 |  4.0x
Bloodstone Gem - 7  AP
Empowered by the Bloodstone Gem, Elsa drags hidden threats out of the shadows and into the light. Stuns all Airborne and Invisible enemies for 1 turn and deals 761 damage to the target. (Max level 1481 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1027 damage (Max level 1998 damage)
  • Level 3: Stuns for 2 turns and deals 1216 damage (Max level 2366 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1800 damage (Max level 3502 damage)
  • Level 5: Stuns for 3 turns and deals 2918 damage (Max level 5679 damage)
Ta, Darling - 9  AP
A proper lady doesn't forget her manners. Or her shotgun. Deal 123 damage to the target. Choose a tile and destroy the 8 tiles surrounding it plus 1 other random tile, dealing 82 damage for every Yellow tile destroyed. (Destroyed tiles don't generate AP or deal additional damage). (Max level 239/160 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 272 damage to the target and 181 damage for each Yellow tile destroyed. (Max level 529/354 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 326 damage, destroys 2 random tiles and deals 218 damage for each Yellow tile destroyed. (Max level 634/425 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 591 damage to the target and 394 damage for each Yellow tile destroyed. (Max level 1149/769 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 987 damage, destroys 3 random tiles and deals 658 damage for each Yellow tile destroyed. (Max level 1918/1284 damage)
Tea Break - 8  AP
Elsa has followed the trail and laid her traps. Now she waits. Converts 3 Green basic tiles into Black Trap tiles that deal 221 damage when matched or destroyed by either team. (Max level 430 damage)

(PASSIVE) If there are 10 or more Black tiles on the board at the start of the turn, convert 2 of them to Yellow tiles.
  • Level 2: Trap tiles deal 318 damage (Max level 619 damage)
  • Level 3: Converts 4 Green basic tiles into Black Trap tiles.
  • Level 4: Trap tiles deal 453 damage (Max level 881 damage)
  • Level 5: Converts 4 Green basic tiles into Black Trap tiles which deal 458 damage (Max level 911 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Elsa Bloodstone  & Friends

• Starts: October 25, 2020, 08:00

• Ends:  October 30, 2020, 08:00

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) cover

• 1x Random Cloak & Dagger (Classic) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Iron FIst (Immortal Weapon)

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Thor (Marvel NOW!)

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Meet Rocket & Groot

• Starts: October 22, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  October 26, 2020, 02:00

• Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) In placement rewards

Introducing… Elsa Bloodstone

• Starts: October 22, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  October 29, 2020, 07:00

• Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) Shards

Featured Event:

Unstable Iso-8

• Starts: October 25, 2020, 07:00

• Ends: October 30, 2020, 02:00

• Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Ends: October 30, 2020, 08:00

• Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) Shards

• Tokens to the Elsa Bloodstone & Friends Vault

Versus Tournament:

Blood, Sweat, and Bullets

• Ends: October 28, 2020, 15:00

• Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Elsa Bloodstone & Friends Vault

Comments

• energomash
    energomash Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Can we get an editor on these posts before sending them to the public? “Else” in the character description?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like to know the reason that if there are 10 black tiles she converts 2 to yellow.  She does not use yellow?  Also since she can convert 4 green to black wouldn’t you want more black on the board to have the potential of these traps matched?  

I would really like to know the reasoning behind this one.

I think her blue is solid and able to destroy special tiles in hard to reach places.

Question on red if there are no airborn enemy’s or invisible enemy’s will her red even fire??

I am thinking 3/5/5 if red will not fire without conditions 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Firstly, her purple power is my ideal iHulk counter but she's a 4*. At 8 purple ap, I doubt she can survive by turn 4 or 5. She and C&D (5/3/5) could theoretically keep transforming tiles and turn the board into darkness and light with a tint of red. I find this concept pretty neat. 

Her red power could chain nicely with Nova or Riri. You get them to send enemies airborne , then you stun them when the timer shows '1'. The damage seems pretty high.

Her blue power is straightforward and synergise with her purple power.

5/4/4 for me. Initially, I was thinking of 5/3/5 but the difference between 4 and 5 cover for her purple power is only 30 damage. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Something seems off on that Purple 4 vs Purple 5 difference...?
  • HoundofShadow
    I think her purple at 5 cover should be dealing around 1450 damage.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Can we get an editor on these posts before sending them to the public? “Else” in the character description?
    Not to mention other typos. 🙄
    I know.. Least of our worries.

Nice Hallowe'en character, at least.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Art looks like negasonic in a wig
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might be a stupid question, but if her red stuns Vulture while hes airborne, will he be grounded? Or will he be stunned AND still airborne, making the stun borderline useless?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Might be a stupid question, but if her red stuns Vulture while hes airborne, will he be grounded? Or will he be stunned AND still airborne, making the stun borderline useless?

If it works the same as Archangel, it'll stun, and ground him. It will completely neuter Vulture.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I'd take another run at those descriptions. There are at least 3 errors.
    She's basically useless except as a counter pick to Vulture. Seems like she should've been released around the same time as him. This just seems pointless unless they've got an airborne problem character on deck.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    wymtime said:
    I would really like to know the reason that if there are 10 black tiles she converts 2 to yellow.  She does not use yellow?  Also since she can convert 4 green to black wouldn’t you want more black on the board to have the potential of these traps matched? 
    Her Blue destroys yellow for extra damage and it will also set off the traps if they are on a yellow tile that was previously black I'd assume. Though having more black also seems like it would be good, so kind of counter productive. Interesting power set but too long winded & convoluted to be of any real use I think.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Shame. If she was a 5*, she'd be a solid supporter.

Red: hard check to Airborne enemies (thus Heimdall's Yellow) and Onslaught's invisibility

Blue: could be used to set up Prof's Blue and Onslaught's Green

Purple: sort of counter to iHulk, although 8 Purple isn't the easiest to accumulate. Traps also fuel Sinister's Blue

But alas. At least now players who don't have Archangel's Blue will be able to get a check to Vulture that's easier to obtain.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, I think that one's intentional. Kind of how on "Friends" Phoebe is often referred to as Phoebs (Feebs, phoenetically), or girls named Kelsey are sometimes referred to as Kels, Lacey becomes Lace, Lisa becomes Lis (Leese), etc. That's how I read it, anyway. 

Now, the use of singular for weapon, where it clearly should be plural weapons is definitely wrong. 

As far as the character goes, I'd go with 5/5/3, if that purple power is actually correct. Something tells me the increase from 4 in purple to 5 in purple isn't right as presently stated though, so may have to reevaluate one she's live in the game. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    First 4* in a while with 14k health? I feel like most of the recent releases have been squishy
    Her red is quite strong, doing almost 6k damage for just 7ap, and negating two strong statuses entirely.  xfw's green is weeping.
    Her blue is a little pricey at 9ap, but has targeted board destruction (which deminalways overvalues), and can do decent damage for the 4* tier if you focus on hitting yellow tiles.
    The purple makes her both a black and yellow battery (though perhaps not a very strong one).  Sadly, I think it will be a little hard to get really high damage out of this because her passive works against the active.
    She doesn't have the sort of passive damage ticking or ap generation that would make her meta-relevant. She will be trotted out as a hard counter to a few characters that rely on the airborne or invis status.
    Overall, this is a mildly interesting release into a completely overstuffed tier.  Continued time/resources spent on 4* development are a waste for players and devs.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Characters can only have one status (airborne, invisible, stunned), so when Elsa stuns an airborne character, they will no longer be airborne.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess after Polaris we should expect a couple of duds in a row...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I guess the best thing about her is that in Shield Training if you bring Valkyrie and chase the bounty all the Red that will be generated will allow Elsa to stun Riri when she fires her Green and goes airborne. The one time we won't be overly annoyed by the Bot giving all that free Green.
    KGB
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    The stunner isn’t a big attraction to me , there’s only a handful that go airborne and only Vulture is seen often. Invisibility is useless against AOE attacks already so you always are bringing a counter to that already . I doubt I’ll be seeing a lot of her , not that I even know who she is in the first place . 
  • HoundofShadow
    Sinister could be her 5* ST teammate: his abilities and theme fits her pretty well.