Watch MARVEL Puzzle Quest on Twitch in a Special MPQ Tournament On October 16

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited October 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Update 10/16: Thank you for watching our stream on the Marvel Twitch - 500 shards of Iron Man (Model 40) will go out on Monday to all players as a thank you for watching the stream! Have a nice weekend!

Update 10/15: The finalists have been announced! Vote for Ewok or Davis via the link below and win a free in-game gift after the stream is over.

https://bit.ly/37ap1mn 

Join us on Friday, October 16th at 7:00 PM EDT as MARVEL Puzzle Quest will invade the Marvel Twitch channel where an epic competition featuring four finalists that will duke it out in a special live MPQ Tournament. Watch as a champion is crowned from the selected participants (see list below) and learn more about what is coming to your favorite Marvel match-3 RPG!  In addition, opportunities for free in-game gifts will be announced as well.  We hope to see you there!

Tournament Participants:

https://www.twitch.tv/harrisheller

https://www.twitch.tv/jaymewes

https://www.twitch.tv/thewarpzone

https://www.twitch.tv/ewokttv

Stay tuned to the thread this week for additional updates.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting

Are they using pre-set rosters or their own ?

I would think there would be some disparity there if anyone was a new player against a veteran roster.

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Who can finish the prologue first? Most wipes vs meta C nodes? 

Oh the possibilities!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can’t wait to see Mewes playing MPQ. Definitely pulling for Jay.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bowla33 said:
    Who can finish the prologue first? Most wipes vs meta C nodes? 

Oh the possibilities!
    Surely they will finish faster than emerin did >:)
    It will be interesting to watch anyway.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The winner will be skewed towards whoever reads my post.

#TurnOffAnimations
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they are climbing in PVP can we then help a streamer?

I also wonder if they are going to make it actual real time matches.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MCOC provides "loaner account" to its players during live streaming/competition. So, I think something similar  might happen.

They will probably let them fight against meta teams and see who can win the match fastest.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MCOC provides "loaner account" to its players during live streaming/competition. So, I think something similar  might happen.

They will probably let them fight against meta teams and see who can win the match fastest.
    Might be worth watching, only for Mewe's reactions when a cascade goes horribly awry.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My bet is on who can finish the Tutorial fastest. ^^
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I the only one who only knows Mewes and not the other three?
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lol @MizzouAntler seconds’ this insight
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, no idea who the others are. However, I’ve been a fan of Mewes for 25+ years. I may tune in just to hear what kind of crazy stuff he has to say about an MPQ battle.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4 gaming celebs? I must be getting old or out of touch, I have no idea who these people are. But I never cared much for streamers or esports (my time is limited already and instead of watching other people play I'd rather do some gaming myself). The guy with the beanie looks like the guy from Clerks, though. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    4 gaming celebs? I must be getting old or out of touch, I have no idea who these people are. But I never cared much for streamers or esports (my time is limited already and instead of watching other people play I'd rather do some gaming myself). The guy with the beanie looks like the guy from Clerks, though. 
    That's because that is the guy from clerks.  Jay Mewes is Jay from Jay and silent bob.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone know if you need a Twitch account to watch this or can we just lurk via a link?
    I might check in for a while if I can. But it's not worth signing up for Twitch over.

Additionally, any idea if it will be available to view afterwards? In case real-life gets in the way.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone know if you need a Twitch account to watch this or can we just lurk via a link?
    I might check in for a while if I can. But it's not worth signing up for Twitch over.

Additionally, any idea if it will be available to view afterwards? In case real-life gets in the way.     
    You should be able to tap the link in the original post and view it in a web browser. The videos are usually able to be viewed afterwards unless somebody removes them.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How does live competitive MPQ even work?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im just looking forward to getting a free 3* star spiderman cover for watching.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this going to be won by whoever has an MPQ vet in their chat?