What's New MPQ? (Updated 10/14/20)

Options

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well , the number one request was saved loadouts and we got it, I’m guessing everyone will quit complaining now . I like it 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m guessing everyone will quit complaining now
    Hahaha nope. Guess again.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am super happy about saved teams! Thank you!

*I'll have to find new things to complain about* ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are we doing in Class of 2020? BRB/Polaris all up and down the block for me
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How are we doing in Class of 2020? BRB/Polaris all up and down the block for me
    Same for me, but I'm one of them.
    BRB (albeit only 0/2/1), Karnak, Polaris.
    it's the only viable team I have for this "class". The 4*s don't synergize well and I have horrible coverage on all of the 5s since I've been in hoard-mode almost all year.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im using BRB/Apoc/Polaris

I'm rather enjoying it, but i can see why people wouldnt be.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't BRB come out in December?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Anon said:
    Didn't BRB come out in December?

2020 = Since Anniverasy 2019 has started up until before Aniversary 2020 has started.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BRB/Carbage/Polaris is fun. I've been using Onslaught/Apocalypse/MODOK, even though MODOK overlaps with Apocalypse more than i prefer. He makes a lot of red though, good for cascades and Survival of the Fittest.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    Im using BRB/Apoc/Polaris

I'm rather enjoying it, but i can see why people wouldnt be.
    Likewise, I didn’t realize how powerful this trio is, I cut through everything with almost zero damage taken . I don’t think I’ve gotten a retaliation yet either 
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where's the Classic Magneto pvp that was supposed to start on the 13th?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Taco Vault: Spicy going to be a permanent addition to Sweet and Savory? 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    10/13 Magneto (Classic) *NEW*

This event started a new PVP Season. As is procedure, new 4's rotated into tokens at this time. This means Negasonic. Now, as the new 4-star character, Negasonic would then have shards available in PVP Season rewards, and shards in Shield Simulator, with a full cover available at 2000 points in Shiled Sim.

Except anyone can check in game and see that we got Polaris instead.

This means Negasonic will be a tad harder to cover than other 4's released this year. But this also means everyone has more access to covers of a highly valued new 4-star character (Polaris) instead.

So a warning for people who would rely on those shards/cover to champ a new character, and a reason to celebrate for everyone who is more excited by the alternative.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    By next week every average player will have a fully operational Polaris and anyone still using tile defense , she will say “ You’re dead to me “.  I took out a Gritty/ Starlord5 in 2 moves . We will never see Negasonic.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Negasonic is overshadowed by Polaris. Let's see what Elsa Bloodstone can bring to the table. I can't remember the exact abilities but it has something to do with stunning invisible and airborne enemy, tiles destruction and trap tiles.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Negasonic is overshadowed by Polaris. Let's see what Elsa Bloodstone can bring to the table. I can't remember the exact abilities but it has something to do with stunning invisible and airborne enemy, tiles destruction and trap tiles.
    Has this been announced somewhere official? Was it on Twitch? I can't find anything
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It was mentioned during the live Twitch MPQ tournament. 

Edit: 
    Elsa Bloodstone was mentioned at 1:55:20.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/772559291

Red Power: low to medium ap cost. Stuns all invisible and airborne enemies. Deal damage to target.

Blue Power: Destroy target tile and tiles around it and extra tiles. Deal damage for every yellow tile destroyed.

Purple Power: Set trap tiles and (destroy it?).

Passive Power: Transform Elsa if there are enough black tiles.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    Options
    That sounds like it might be interesting.
    i was thinking earlier today that we needed a passive power that depended on if there were enough same color tiles on the board.  Either dealing damage or destroying all tiles of that color, or really could be a lot of effects.  
    Edit - I guess there’s Blade and Cloak and Dagger, but it seems like something they could go further with.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Like what they did with 5* Bruce Banner.  :D  

Come to think of it, this how 5* Bruce Banner transformed. When there are enough green tiles on the board, create a cd and transform him into Hulk.