Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    My gamependium is out of date, i didn't have any max-champed 2s. It's cool though, I didn't realize it was a 2-day sub, so I hit 250hp in DDQ this morning and was able to put her on roster. Then right after that I landed a random 2* Bullseye that put him at 144, so I would have been able to do it that way too in a pinch. Current build is 1/3/1 with 365 shards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2020
    Alright, Old Man Daken is in, Apocalypse is out. I switched my favorites over to C4rol and Danver5 in anticipation of Polaris Winfinite Combo Meltdown. Then I pulled all that stuff, plus the reward pulls that came out if it. In total i pulled 89 Latest Legends. I landed 14 5*s, got 3x shard covers for C4rol, 1x shard cover for Danver5. Current latest crop:

Onslaught: 3/4/5 +1320 shards
    Killmonger: 0/2/1 +505 shards
    Old Man Daken: 2/1/3 +370 shards

4*'s remaining to champ:

Wolfsbane is 5/4/4 +425 shards and 6 saved covers
    Misty Knight is now covered +2 saved
    Anti Venom is 3/4/4 (still have that one in Simulator to get)
    Polaris is 2/4/2
    Spider-Ham: no movement, 3/3/4 +50 shards

America Chavez is up to 363 - I'll have to make a choice on flipping her or rostering a dupe soon enough.

At this stage, much as it is going to kill me to wait, I believe I need to once again start sitting tight until Onslaught drops out and use my shard covers to finish him up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Heimdall looks pretty good. Given my current Latest distribution, I'm guessing Killmonger will drop out at 10 covers like Havok and Yelena did. I guess we'll see how it ultimately plays out, but having just blown out my savings chasing Onslaught I guess it doesn't feel likely. I guess we'll see what we see.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    So I'm debating letting my Bishop and WCap go for the HP sellback - I never use either one of them even before this, and both are 282 and 275 respectively. Heading into the anniversary, 12k hp seems like a pretty safe bet. That being said, I could see Bishop turning into a Havok feeder potentially though I don't really see WCap feeding anyone obvious. I guess BRB, since he has Mjolnir as well, but who knows? Making them both feeders right after a dangling carrot sellback does seem like a dev move, so maybe I'll hold out for a bit.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been unloading all my CP in the Fan Favorites vault as I get it - I've dropped ~900cp in there. So far I've hit 2x champ levels for Apocalypse and 1 purple and 2 yellow for Kitty bringing her up to 5/4/0. I'm fairly confident this has ended my Killmonger chances even though I have 23 LTs in the bank,  but honestly I don't see myself putting him in my regular rotation the way Okoye and Apocalypse are, and the way I imagine Kitty might be once complete.

My Danver5 is currently 5/4/3 with 41 shards, and my C4rol is at level 319 with 344 shards. Once C4rol hits 320, I'll move my 4* fav back to Frost (my 3* has remained on Cyclops all this time) and finish that last cover with direct shards. 

I was able to champ Wolfsbane, and I'm about halfway to the iso I need to champ another 4*. Misty and Anti-venom are waiting on iso. Polaris is 3/4/4 with 265 shards currently, and would be my preference to champ even with nothing saved assuming I pull down two more covers once Heimdall hits tokens. NSTW is 2/2/3 with 340 shards, and still has the "NEW" status. I only have 4x more unchamped 3*s, all waiting on iso save Bulls3y3, who is at 1/1/1.

My 3rd Bagman is 0/3/5, i've gotten a couple during these anniversary PVPs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2020
    Right after posting this, Heimdall hit tokens. I have now a Yellow Heimdall I don't quite have the HP to roster, and I got another green for my Old Man Daken. C4rol hit 320, so I moved my 4* to Frost.

Current Latest Crop:
    Killmonger: 0/2/1 (1105 shards)
    Old Man Daken: 2/1/4 (370 shards)
    Heimdall: (0/0/0) with 1 yellow on the vine and 370 shards
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Heimdall is now on roster, no other movement on Latest though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    landed a black for Killmonger, currently 1/2/1 with 2x shard covers in the bank.

Champed Misty up to 281 from saved covers/shards. Now I'm down to Anti-Venom waiting on Iso, and Polaris who needs 2x more covers. Ham is still limited, and I guess we aren't getting any this anniversary, and Negasonic is still NEW.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    PIcked up a Yellow Heimdall and a black for Old Man Daken. Current latest crop:
    Killmonger: 1/2/1 with 1105 shards
    Old Man Daken: 2/2/4 with 670 shards
    Heimdall: 0/0/2 with 370 shards

Accidentally had iHulk selected as a favorite alongside Danver5, so he got a random 3 shards; that seems to happen more often than i like, but i fixed it. Current shard target progress:
    Danver5: 5/4/3 with 405 shards
    Frost: lvl 319 with 108 shards
    Cyclops: 240 with 74 shards

Once Danver5 wraps up that'll go back to Kitty, who is now 5/4/0 with 323 shards, lvl 375
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got yet another yellow heimdall - 0/0/3 y'all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Frost hit 320, so Kitty is now 5/5/0. Once she hits 340, It's just 10 covers to the next Kitty, so I'm thinking I may just let it ride chasing her via Frost rather than direct-sharding the final Kitty cover I need (I'm assuming I'll get a  direct between now and then after I get these final ~50 shards for Danver5).  

I'm trying to decide if I should chase someone close to finished or someone down at the bottom of coverage at that point. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got a Killmonger for a 1/2/2. I need 41 more shards to finish Danver5. So close, but yet so far.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It seems Killmonger is trying to rally somewhat, but surely it won't be enough. I also landed a red for Heimdall.

Killmonger: 1/3/2 (2x covers in shards)
    Old Man Daken: 3/2/4 (1.5 covers in shards)
    Heimdall: 0/1/3 (420 shards)

Ghostpool: 0/0/0 (370 shards)

In other news, I made an interesting discovery about the Wakanda Forever! interaction with Shared Strength: all this time, I thought I was getting a compound boost where they were stacking, but that is actually not the case - it's more like a Twin Turbo effect where the greater of the two is what's taking effect. So if you fire off Shared STrength it's all you get until you bank enough team up for Okoye to take over, at which point you get that WF boost exclusively. So my "fast" clear team on hard nodes of ThorPocOye is still pretty fast, but now I'm not sure if it's Fastest compared to a better green user + Apocalypse. I may switch out for BRB and see how that feels, or potentially Iceman.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got a few 5*s back to back in the last day or so after champing Polaris. Current latest crop:

Killmonger: 1/4/2 with 1105 shards - huge rally here, I think he may drop out closer to 10 which will be nice if I ever feel the need to shard him over.
    Old Man Daken: 3/2/4 with 670 shards
    Heimdall: 0/2/3 with 545 shards

I also got a slug of 50 bonus 5* shards to complete my Danver5 build, but having just champed Polaris I'm down on iso to actually champ her. Of course, those bonus shards came when I was at 492, so they were mostly dangling, but oh well. I moved my 5* shard target to Kitty who is now 5/5/0 with 79 shards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Been on a scalding hot hot streak of late.

Killmonger is 2/4/2 with 1405 shards
    Daken is 3/2/4 with 725 shards
    Heimdall is 0/2/5 with 625 shards
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Hot streak is on fire; Killmonger is now triple 4s with 400 shards on deck. As long as he gets that one last feature before dropping out I’ll have him champed, so I’ll stop pulling for now.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hot streak is on fire; Killmonger is now triple 4s with 400 shards on deck. As long as he gets that one last feature before dropping out I’ll have him champed, so I’ll stop pulling for now.
    Dang you got 4 Killmonger covers in 3 days? That's awesome.

I'm just wondering if you should have waited for Deadpool to rotate in, since current Killmonger covers will become Heimdall covers. Then your Heimdall wouldn't have such a lopsided build.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I burned 2x covers worth of shards to bring him up to 4/4/4, but yeah, I really thought he was a lost cause. We’ll see what happens with Deadpool and Heimdall; I’m sitting on all my shards these days until they are looking to be basically done, so it could level out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2020
    I haven't really been doing metrics in this thread like I did in the previous, and some of that is because I haven't been as diligent at tracking days. So I went back to 2/12/2020, the day I started this thread, and pulled some metrics for funsies. So here are some numbers for this thread post-shardpocalpyse:

260 days
    719 Latest Legends pulls
    133 5* pulls from latest
    18.49% pull rate

34 Classic Legends pulls
    4 5* pulls from Classic
    11.76% pull rate

~36 pulls in Fan Favorites store
    4 5* pulls from Fan Favorites (2x Apocalypse, 2x Kitty Pryde)
    11.11% pull rate from FF

Aproximate total Pulls Per Day (PPD): 3.01*
    for this i converted the Classic pulls to CP and divided by 25, then added that to the other totals. At least one of those FF pulls was a token. This does not include any alliance event tokens for releases since i've never tracked that

5* progress on characters available in latest during that span of time:

Profe$$or X: 462 (still my highest covered character)
    BRB: 457 (3rd highest)
    Carbage: 450 - I had to finish him after dropping out via shards
    Mr Sinister: 458 (2nd highest)
    Havok: 5/2/3 with 75 shards
    Immortal Hulk: 451
    Yelena: 4/4/3 with 85 shards
    Apocalypse: 456 (2 covers out of fan favorites, but champed in latest)
    Onslaught: 452

Currently in Latest:
    Killmonger: 4/4/4 with 400 shards
    Old Man Daken: 3/2/4 with 995 shards
    Heimdall: 0/3/5 with 670 shards

NEW:
    Deadpool: Spirit of Vengeance: 0/0/0 with 370 shards

5*s completed via shards in this time:
    Fi5k: 450
    Hawkeye: 450
    Carbage: 450
    Danver5 (waiting on iso, will be 451 from a saved cover)

For this I made sure I hit at least the 10cp in every PVP if not the 4* cover or all the 4* shards, a very few times I ground out to full pvp progression but not many. Every PVE I hit full SCL10 progression, only playing for placement on release events, and even that was gunning for t200 for a full 4* cover. Our alliance has never completed an alliance event, generally 1st or 2nd 4* is as far as we get, and I'll hit full personal progression.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I decided to drop 2 more tries into Latest to keep the shard train rolling, and the second one was ANOTHER purple Killmonger, bringing him to 4/4/5. I feel a bit vindicated pulling for him, since my bottom color on Heimdall is already locked out and all those would have been champ levels (all my recent Killmonger pulls save one have been purple).

So now I have 2 5*s covered and waiting on iso, i think probably a first for me. I need about 65k to finish Danver5, then 575k for Killmonger...