***** Killmonger (Erik Stevens) *****

123457»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I occasionally see him in pick-3 between Profe$$or X and Onslaught. It's a beatable team when the AI is in control, but i wonder if it works better on offense? My Killmonger is 0/2/1, so it'll be awhile before I know for sure.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    KM is a different kind of character. After champing him recently I ran him with onslaught/Karnak with good results. Let your opponent match those crits and after the dust is cleared, they’re dead. It’s kinda risky cuz taking crit damage still hurts. 

I REALLY wish his red gave out 2 crits at lvl 3 because I want that extra damage on his purple at lvl 5. It’s a heavy hitter. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Tiger_Wong said:
    KM is a different kind of character. After champing him recently I ran him with onslaught/Karnak with good results. Let your opponent match those crits and after the dust is cleared, they’re dead. It’s kinda risky cuz taking crit damage still hurts. 

I REALLY wish his red gave out 2 crits at lvl 3 because I want that extra damage on his purple at lvl 5. It’s a heavy hitter. 
    Yeah, if his black just had some damage mitigation when the ai matched criticals then I think he would be firmly in the Tier 1a category behind the meta.  Okoye is tough to play with him because he will tank 5/7 colors for her (she will only carry yellow and teamup), but maybe heimdall is the solution?  heimdall will tank red, blue, yellow, green, and teamup over KM, assuming roughly similar levels, and can true heal after tanking whatever damage you sustain from an enemy crit match (alas, you can't use heimdall's yellow to ensure that he tanks all colors if you actually want KM's passive to fire).  Only problem with this pair is that heimdall's yellow will generate black that is useless to the team.  so the ideal third would be a blue battery that can also use black.  Vulture anyone? (bonus! vulture's strongest color is blue, so using heimdall's yellow will both trigger vulture's own passive, AND produce blue and black when they land).

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
     Only problem with this pair is that heimdall's yellow will generate black that is useless to the team.  so the ideal third would be a blue battery that can also use black.  Vulture anyone? (bonus! vulture's strongest color is blue, so using heimdall's yellow will both trigger vulture's own passive, AND produce blue and black when they land).

How about Jessica Jones as an alternative to Vulture? Her own blue passive will generate blue for Heimdall. The only first world problem is that you have three good Red abilities to choose from.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
     Only problem with this pair is that heimdall's yellow will generate black that is useless to the team.  so the ideal third would be a blue battery that can also use black.  Vulture anyone? (bonus! vulture's strongest color is blue, so using heimdall's yellow will both trigger vulture's own passive, AND produce blue and black when they land).

How about Jessica Jones as an alternative to Vulture? Her own blue passive will generate blue for Heimdall. The only first world problem is that you have three good Red abilities to choose from.
    That's a good idea when you need 3x 5*s, though that team won't have an active green.  Otherwise, the hardest choice is which red to use (and what builds to run). 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think the best partner for KM is sinister. He will take advantage from his traps when firing behold. And KM will have protection with clones when taking criticals. 
    The damage multiplier would be apoc and then they almost have rainbow .
    About okoye, a classic not tanking... classics are classics and always will have problem tanking latest. Its the way the game is suggesting you to renove your roster.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i play him with colossus, for the 150% dmg boost.

still looking for the most effective third.
    rogue would have been nice, but killmongers 150% and rogues triple dmg don't seem to stack. 

onslaught or px can be good, beast and karnak have too much overlap

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I was running him for fun with Yellowjacket in the Silk pvp. Only overlapping color is black, but it's passive for Killmonger. I'm starting to think of Killmonger as a 5* Main Event Hulk - someone who does an okay chunk of active damage but drops multiple crits down on the board in generally inconvenient locations. If you've got a very high match damager, like invisible Yellowjacket (I'm still working on Sighclops and Colossus), that can be pretty devastating. In the Silk event specifically that was working out because of the match web, restore health passive she brings, I dont know if him tanking everything would be sustainable in a mundane PVP event.