***** Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) ***** - An MPQ Original Character

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited December 2020 in Character Details
2020-10-02-Deadpool-SOV-NC-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng

Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

5-Star Rarity 

Affiliations: Heroes

"Deadpool was hired to eliminate a popular taco truck vendor. But when he arrived to do the deed, he was swayed by their delicious “Hellfire” Tex-Mex and decided to spare them instead. It was then that Deadpool’s mysterious client appeared: Mephisto!
Due to Mephisto’s Hellfire chillies, the vendor found new success and celebrated by donating free food to the community. But charity wasn’t part of the deal; the price had to be paid. In a rage at Deadpool’s mercy, Mephisto forced him to take on the Spirit of Vengeance! Now, he spreads hellfire and delivers punishment along with his fellow Ghost Riders (that is, when they aren’t bickering)." 
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
14191 Health / 57038 Health
 29 |  200 |  175 |  25 |  27 |  225 |  111 |  4.0x
 114 |  800 |  700 |  97 |  106 |  900 |  445 |  4.0x
Penance Fare - 6  AP
Step up and try one of my tasty Tex-Mex treats! All my food is lovingly cooked over a roaring Hellfire grill. Take a moment to chow down and think about what you've done.

Here's what's on the menu for today:
Tacos Diablos - The devil made them do it. Deals damage to the target equal to 80% of the damage they've dealt this mission.
Disgrace-adilla - For an additional 3  - Deals 1130 extra damage to another random enemy. (Deals more damage at higher levels) (Max level Level 1 4541, Level 5 8174 damage)
Burritonement - For an additional 3  - Destroys 3 tiles in the target's strongest color. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.) (Destroys 4 tiles at Level 5.)
Fajitality - For an additional 3  - Creates a 4-turn Purple Countdown tile that deals 1494 damage if it gets matched or destroyed. (Deals more damage at higher levels, increases to 5-turn tile at Level 3) (Max level Level 1 6004, Level 5 9757 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 90% of the enemy's total damage, plus upgrades to Disgrace-adilla and Fajitality.
  • Level 3: Deals 100% of the enemy's total damage, plus upgrades to Disgrace-adilla and Fajitality.
  • Level 4: Deals 120% of the enemy's total damage, plus upgrades to Disgrace-adilla and Fajitality.
  • Level 5: Deals 150% of the enemy's total damage, plus upgrades to Disgrace-adilla, Burritonement, and Fajitality.

Abyssal Blades - 8  AP
My sweet ninja-swords have been imbued with the power of VENGEANCE! Their Hellfire chains will hold the enemy in place while I whale on 'em for making poor life choices!

Deals 1244 damage, stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile. If you match or destroy that tile, stun the target for 1 turn and create another Abyssal Blades Countdown tile. (Max level 4998 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1605 damage. (Max level 6447 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1966 damage. (Max level 7897 damage)
  • Level 4: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that stuns the target for 2 turns and recreates itself if matched or destroyed.
  • Level 5: Deals 4143 damage. Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile. (Max level 16643 damage)
Wade and Measured -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Hoo boy, you look so guilty right now. Must be all that AP you're carrying. Yup, definitely the AP - I can clear that conscience for ya. Whenever you make a match in the target's strongest color, I'll take one of their AP in that color and deal 657 damage. This is a service I provide as a Spirit of Vengeance. (Max level 2642 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 723 damage. (Max level 2906 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 788 damage. (Max level 3170 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 920 damage. (Max level 3699 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1183 damage. (Max level 4756 damage)
Release Schedule

Release Events:

Introducing... Deadpool - Oct 8-15

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) Shards in Progression rewards

Deadpool Vs. MPQ - Oct 8-13

• Rewards tokens to the Spicy Deadpool Cover Store

• Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) Shards in Placement rewards

Lost In Space - Oct 12-16

• Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) Shards in Progression rewards

Weapon Tex-Mex - Oct 8-12

• Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) in Placement rewards

Food Fight - Oct 11-14

• Rewards tokens to the Spicy Deadpool Cover Store

Offers

Release Cover Store:

Spicy Deadpool Cover Store - Oct 8-16

• Chance to get Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Special Limited Vault

Wade Wilson - Oct 15-19

• 40 Items

• 1x Ghost Pepper Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star TBD Character cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Ghost Pepper - Oct 15-19

• 15% chance to get Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), and Pepper Potts

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    First as a was reading the powers I heard Ryan Reynolds voice in my head.  

His black is a little confusing and could be good, could be great, could be too expensive with all the AP used.

red looks simple but good especially if you can stun IHulk.

blue also looks like a really good passive especially with Okoye or Apocalypse.

overall you have been Wade, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting!!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX Do the black power variants stack, or can I pick one variant boost specifically?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    huh.  looks fun.  I like how the black power is nice and cheap, and has add ons for a little extra.  cool stuff.

Plus, the CP store have "Ghost..." and "Pepper..." as the other 5*s is a nice touch.  Thumbs up.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    His special store is just awful with Robbie Rayes/Pepper Potts (Rescue) even if it is thematic. Sadly there is zero reason to draw from it.
    With no healing and low health I worry he will die very fast since he will tank a lot of colors due to his high match damage. He might not come into his own until match damage power creep makes him stop tanking.
    KGB
    P.S. The wording on the Red power at L4 is a big confusing. The initial wording says it only recreates itself if you match/destroy. At L4 it seems to indicate it recreates itself regardless of how it's matched or destroyed? Is that true or is it still only if you match/destroy? It's a big difference obviously.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    His special store is just awful with Robbie Rayes/Pepper Potts (Rescue) even if it is thematic. Sadly there is zero reason to draw from it.
    My 3/2/2 Ghost Rider, 2/2/3 Rescue, and completionist persona might disagree with you there...

One question: does Okoye's damage boost count as "her" damage, or does it count against whoever fired the power that it boosted?
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    helix72 said:
    KGB said:
    My 3/2/2 Ghost Rider, 2/2/3 Rescue, and completionist persona might disagree with you there...

One question: does Okoye's damage boost count as "her" damage, or does it count against whoever fired the power that it boosted?

A crucial question
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Is lost in space a new PVE event? Or is it the spidey 2099 one, because I swear that was lost in time, not space
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the artwork

A+ on that alone
    Agreed. Thank goodness this is such a step forward from Negasonic. The jury is still out on the kit, I really wanted him to be just devastatingly good...but, at least he may be useful.

I’ll be chasing as always.
  • wymtime
    supergarv said:
    @IceIX Do the black power variants stack, or can I pick one variant boost specifically?
    I think it is like Fury’s old yellow.  If you have the AP for it it fires if you don’t have the AP it does not.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    That black has the potential to be absolutely devastating. Holy moly.
    Red's okay, mostly for the stun. A red stun is kind of nasty.
    Blue feels like a combination of 4* Carol's team hit in reverse and GED's siphon. Sneaky good.
    He's not going to define the meta, simply because he doesn't do any boosting, but he could be a real powerhouse 2nd or 3rd. I like him a lot.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm loving that Blue!
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    with the Black, is it possible for them to resolve out of order? 

For example, if I want "Fajitality" to proc, do I need

6 black, 3 purple

OR do I need

6 black 3 yellow, 3 green, 3 purple?

depending on the above he looks like a pretty strong kit.

I'm feeling 5/5/3.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was looking meh until I got to the blue passive.  Now I am thinking he is in the  solid -> very good range.
    57k health is getting to be squishy in the current meta.  And he has very high match damage so he will tank a lot unless you play him with overleveled teammates or modern 5*s.
    His black is interesting, but mostly more trouble than it's worth.  It will have some niche uses like penance stare.  But most of the best strats in the game focus on minimizing enemy damage.  This is especially true in the hardest nodes in cl10 and against the very best PvP teams because the current meta is so big on massive, passive damage starting as soon as turn 2.  I can also see some scenarios where I want to use the base black, but would prefer not to drain green/yellow/purple ap.  Is that even possible?
    Red is a perfectly competent red nuke, PLUS stun.  Stun on a red is super valuable as there are many good red batteries.  He will be the second best 5* stunner, especially if you use him with some board control.
    The blue is very interesting.  The first real ap theft passive power we have seen in a long time (and the last one was black cat, right? They have been leery of direct ap theft for a while now; since Loki's rework and the hood meta.).  It can definitely be exploited with the right partners and against the right teams.  Although I don't know if it is quite strong enough/fast enough to become meta.
    I can see some potential uses for him with a good board control partner who can steal enemy ap with targeted matches or ensure that the stunning cd is always matchable.  So solid, but unlikely to be OP character.  Well done Demi!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Be interesting to get more info how the black works.

Say you use black and have enough attack power in green, yellow, purple, will it fire off each power listed under all 4 colors, or do you have to pick which of the green/yellow/purple you want to use in addition to the black basic ability. 

Red says if you match or destroy the tile it recreates itself, so I'm assuming if the enemy matches/destroys then bye bye tile. You still get ok damage and a small stun for 8 AP, not terrible. Power obviously gets a little better if you're able to keep matching/destroying for more stun potential on the initial 8 red AP cost.

Blue sounds ok'ish. Additional passive damage is nice, and any AP you're able to steal. Sure there will be a lot of times you won't want to match the tile that is the targets strongest color if you're chasing a different color to power up a another characters ability. I can also see it being pretty handy if you're actively trying to deny the targets strongest color,  dealing damage and stealing 1 AP the target may really need. 

As others have mentioned the high match damage means he may tank more often that you'd want him to and make it easier for PVP teams to down him quickly. I'm also getting sick of each new release seemingly having higher and higher match damage. I don't see the point to keep upping match damage. It wouldn't be so bad if they went back and buffed older characters match damage and do some tuning on their abilities, but to continue to keep this power creep going is troublesome. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you can choose which food to serve for your opponent if you have enough additional ap of that colour. I'm surprised to see no true heal for 5* Deadpool. His power has a little anti-iHulk built into it. What's more, it's only 6 black ap for 150% vengeance.

His red power reminds me of Daredevils' green or blue power and 5* Ghost Rider's red power which stuns opponent too.

His build is an easy choice: 5/5/3.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    Can we stop making up fake characters and just focus on comic/movie characters that are still not in this game.

Odin the All-Father
    Adam Warlock
    Ultron
    Mantis
    Hank Pym Ant-Man
    Richard Rider Nova
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    For examples 
    all aren't in this game but we got fake Samurai Daken and now Ghost Rider Deadpool
  • wymtime
    I think you can choose which food to serve for your opponent if you have enough additional ap of that colour. I'm surprised to see no true heal for 5* Deadpool. His power has a little anti-iHulk built into it. What's more, it's only 6 black ap for 150% vengeance.

His red power reminds me of Daredevils' green or blue power and 5* Ghost Rider's red power which stuns opponent too.

His build is an easy choice: 5/5/3.

I don’t know about an anti IHulk.  Now he will one shot IHulk once he is the last character standing but typically that’s not that hard.  As for abyssal Blades the issue is you have to keep IHulk in front to keep stunning him.  If you kill him on the match he will un stun.

I like him but don’t think anti IHulk is right.  His black could be a counter punch to Professor X or even Onslaught after a couple of cascades.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we stop making up fake characters and just focus on comic/movie characters that are still not in this game.

Odin the All-Father
    Adam Warlock
    Ultron
    Mantis
    Hank Pym Ant-Man
    Richard Rider Nova
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    For examples 
    all aren't in this game but we got fake Samurai Daken and now Ghost Rider Deadpool

Look for the reason.