Cascade/Match 4/Match 5 Programming

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
@Tombstone @LakeStone

Not necessarily a bug (small sample size and all), but I've noticed the following, and so have others in the forums:

In the last few weeks, the number of cascades and match 4-5's have gone up considerably.  Previously it was announced a whiles back that the programming was tweaked to limit cascades (cascade busting), but now it feels like it's ramped up.  Seeing the new Deadpool Nightly Games during Anniversary, is it possible that while programming for that event, something was changed in the base code?  

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Are you seeing more overall in all matches or only certain events like PvE or PvP?
    The cascade busting was limited to just story mode (PvE) which is why I ask the question.
    KGB
  • Waddles_Pines
    I'm pretty sure just pve, but I'll keep an eye out when I do Taskmaster's pvp
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's just availability heuristic. I've noticed this too sometimes, even to the point where I wondered the same thing. But sometimes the skyfall match-4/5 RNG is just streaky.
  • Waddles_Pines
    During Taskmaster's pvp I didn't notice the same board behavior as in pve.  Maybe it is my mind playing games on me, but it has been 2-3 weeks already....