Allow people to favourite the limited 4*s

Crowl
Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
The idea of a limited 4* somewhat made sense back when it was just the one that was basically tied into the anniversaries of the player and the game, but these days having a couple of undercovered 4*'s sitting at the bottom of your 4* roster isn't fun, it is merely slightly annoying and people should be allowed to select those characters to get shards.

While some might reply that people can always buy the packages when they come round, the reality is that these characters are simply not good enough for the mid to low spenders to be spending money on them and it'd be a nice gesture if people could choose to get their shards to finish off champing these characters.

It isn't even like it would hurt sales of the packages since the higher spenders that wanted to finish those characters wouldn't tend to wait on shards anyway.

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Better options would not be able to shard them but get them only via tokens. Or feeders. If we let them shard, then anyone can get them up to 370 while if they will be just obtainable but hard to get...

I know many people would not like another four 4* in packs (Taskmaster, Spider-Ham, Devil Dino and Howard) but that would more healthier. But make it only let say PVP related tokens. No not heroics or LT& classics. That would be best, IMO. That would make them hard to get (limited) but still not make people to have them like uber leveled or screaming in vain that they got "useless"/underleveled 4*.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I think we should at least be able to target them during the Anniversary season.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Better options would not be able to shard them but get them only via tokens. Or feeders. If we let them shard, then anyone can get them up to 370 while if they will be just obtainable but hard to get...
    Getting a character up to 370 just from shards is hardly what anyone would describe as easy though, particularly given their lack of usefulness, most people would champ them and stop since there would be vastly more useful characters to favourite instead, but in any case if somebody wanted to spend so much of their shard income to slowly build such a character then that would still be fine.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Taskmaster or Howard are far from not being usefull.Howard DID won me some fights. I dunno how Spider-Ham as I do not know his dmg possibilities. Dino... Is mediocre tank with a bit of board control and dmg.

So overall, not bad. Not best either. I still want them to be not easy to champ and level up (i.e. limited) but at the same time more obtainable. There exists some player who can just like that max champ them. A certain Youtuber has proven that it is possible whitin few months - for him it would be a year or so to max champ them with shards
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howard's ability to destroy all green tiles on the board is amazingly useful against the Mindless Ones, and it is the perfect foil to iHulk.  If iHulk's passive wasn't an AoE, I'd probably give Howard a shot on a team going against iHulkoye for just that reason.