Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you need someone else to heal her without tanking or reducing incoming damage, maybe Anti-Venom would work?
    I was JUST thinking this.  Anti-Venom & Miles.  Anti-venom, obvious reasons.  Miles, to generate more webs for both spider-peeps to use, and create red, BLUE, and purple AP.  Seems like a decent option...?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Will test it. In a few months - I mean I have to get Yellow and Black covers 1st. (maybe some crazy luck will hit me during Anniversary?). I mean it will take some time to sharget them!
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just tried the above. I made a mistake and took the three wave node Waves of Wires. But I actually got to try out all swarm mechanics, used Anti-Venom's healing and Miles Hide/Surprise. But when the last wave started I had only Miles left with 5800 health so I retreated. But it was a cool experience (that took nearly 20 minutes).
  • Mr_F
    Cool. What about Substotuting Anti-Venom with Spider-Gwen?

Also what SCL and levels of A-V and Miles? Wasp Build? That is valuable info.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasp level 330 2/2/1, A-V level 273 5/3/5 and Miles level 333 5/5/3. I play SCL 9. I can try Gwen too in a easier node perhaps. I have her at level 306
  • Mr_F
    I play SLC 7 so it will be easier for me. Looks as a team to go/test. Only 940 shards to go.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    ....you're gonna make me try it myself soon... I just champed Anti-Venom recently, and my Wasp has at least 1 cover in each color.  

And its NOT because of it being good -- it'll be because of pure curiosity due to this topic.  :tongue:
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    I tested it id DDQ Wave node It worked because of Anti-Venom. And because it was 270lvs vs 90lvs so... not much of the challenge. I have to test it more challenging place.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have her champed. While I’m in no way excited to try her on any team, if you want some info feel free to request so you can get some perspective on her once she is fully leveled. 

She needs a hero. It seems you are the one.
  • Mr_F
    Day 4 summary.
    Not much of the progress. Sadly. TBH, none progresss toyday. :( Not even a single shard!
    Discovery: none
    Surprise: none
    Note for future: none

Current Status:
    Level 270
    Build: 1/0/0
    Shards: 66
    Swarms Called today: 0
    Total Swarms Called: 3.
    Challenges done: Call the Swarm used with one Cover.
    Challenges in progress: Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover. Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover in non wave node.
    Presence in offers: 2 in shards store.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve had her champed for quite some time. I really like teaming her up with Ghost. 

- there’s no power overlap
    - Wasp turning Ghost invisible, helps her

I feel I needed an AP generator and someone who could knock down their countdowns with them, so I usually ran with Coulson.
    However, I have thought about Anti-Venom. Maybe I’ll give that a look. 
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    @Daredevil217 I have no problem with slow progress with her. As long as I am enjoying playing her and she does not hinder my PVP or PVE progress its ok.

@t@Tiger_Wong Wow! We found something! XD Definetly worth noting as today's discovery.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    @Daredevil217 I have no problem with slow progress with her. As long as I am enjoying playing her and she does not hinder my PVP or PVE progress its ok. 
    You’ve noted that more than once here. You seem to know the risks of entering 5* MMR with just Hope (and perhaps a little hope?), I was just making a joke. I’m a big proponent in there’s no one right way to play as long as people are enjoying it.  Seems like a fun adventure.

My guess is she gets rebalanced before you champ her. Which would be awesome because playing ANY character over and over gets boring to me. So if they change her kit significantly, it’d almost be like getting a new toy after playing with the old one so much it breaks.

Funny enough since I recently champed Widow and Rescue, Wasp is next up on my “to champ” list. I have three classics left.

FA Cap is 3/1/1 (1700 shards), his feeder is only giving out 400 more. So while he is clearly the best character I don’t have champed, he’s going to top out at 9 covers and isn’t even close. 

Banner Hulk is in a similar position. Even with a maxed feeder he’ll be closer to 10 covers but still quite a bit short. 

Then there’s Wasp. She’s 5/3/1, 1100 shards, and Ant-Man is level 350. So ten more levels on him means she’d be at 12 covers plus 100 shards. She’ll get 250 more when she’s up for PVE progression and I could possibly luck into 100-125 shards for placement. I can then shard her for the last 25-50 or maybe get it when she’s up for PVP reward.

So Wasp is the only of the three characters that I can see a clear path to finishing. Currently Polaris is my bonus 4* but I am chasing Ant-Man via Squirrel Girl covers. 
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    You missed one point, buddy.
    She will be my 1st 5* champion. There are high chance that I will have some others 5* ready to champ the minute after. Like Storm or Professor (10 covers and 8 covers repectivetly). The reason is simple:
    I have one cover and some shards. It took me 9 months to get 2 covers from shards for 5*. So you know. Its a long process. I will be in future shargetting Squirrell Girl and Ant Man to speed it up but noy before I will finish chasing the others I started some tim ago. But It will not happened in at least few months.

So by nature I may get many covers of other 5* before I will able to champ her.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Hm. So I went with Coulson and Anti-Venom with Wa5p last night to mess around as I have all 3 champed. What I found....

- slow start but can ramp up
    - Wasp tanks and I think you want her to because....
    - Anti-Venmo’s red is cheap and when you heal Wa5p past her 1343 threshold, she puts 2 Wasp tiles out. This is important because instead of you needing to fire off her powers 3 times (at least) to get Call of the Swarm, you can build up the AP in your other colors to 10 to fire the swarm immediately. 

What this means...... get 7 red with Wa5p tanking. Fire off precision purge. She heals and you get 2 wasp tiles. Then get only 6 blue and fire Sting Operation. You may have to wait 2-3 turns. But that’s where Coulson comes in. With 6 tup, he knocks down the turns of CDs by 2 by simply making a match. So 2 more wasp tiles are on the field immediately. 
    - Call of the Swarm... is just bad. The power does barely any damage. My Wa5p is at level 454. When CotS fires, I’m doing 7132 damage. That’s garbage in 4* land. She’s a 5*. And the board shake is a coin flip at best and you get no AP and have to start over again. I think it might be better to leave the wasp tiles our to increase match damage. 
    - there is synergy in the powers but not nearly enough damage. This team doesn’t do enough damage to put dent In the hp of a guy like Apocalypse or Onslaught. 

• Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    Well At least that is a team I can run in PVE SCL 7 and maybe against weaker teams in PVP simulator. That is SOMETHING! Yai!
    Day 5 Summary.
    Discovery: We have two potential teams! In a 4* land.
    Surprise: 2 TEAMS! For 5* Wasp!
    Note for future: none

Current Status:
    Level 270
    Shards: 75
    Challenges in progress: Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover. Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover in non wave node.
    Presence in offers: 3 in shards store.

Cross fingers for more luck in classic legends.

• Tiger_Wong
    edited October 2020
    Ok. Forget Anti-Venom. Or rather.... don’t forget him. He works. But.... there’s a much faster character for getting wasp tiles out (once you get Wa5p’s black power). 

Spider-Gwen’s yellow passive is the key. Proc it at 5 and you will pass Wa5p’s black passive threshold for creating wasp tiles. There are quite a few pros about this. 

+ you create Wasp tiles without ever having to fire a power. 
    + getting wasp tiles passively opens up your AP utilization since you don’t have to use (read:waste) powers getting the wasp tiles out since, let’s be honest, Wa5p’s powers are mediocre at best. Especially her yellow and black. 
    + you can create Wasp tiles on your opponents turn because to get the life gain, a web tile simply has to be matched. 
    + Spider-Gwen’s red packs a much bigger punch than Anti-Venom. 
    + there are much better web tile generators to team with Gwen than AV. 

Now.... you’re gonna have to proc Gwen’s yellow at 5 and normally, Gwen’s purple and red are FAR superior to her yellow. I decided to drop her purple to 3 when I team Gwen/Wa5p with any of the 4* web tile generators. And I proc Gwen’s red to 3 when I team them with 5* Spider-man (Peter Parker) because his red packs a bigger punch with crit tiles + Wa5p’s pumped up match damage with wasp tiles on the field. 
    With SG/Wa5p as a combo with a web tile generator, you’ll put 3-7 Wasp tiles out REAL QUICK. I’m talking.... your 2nd turn, you have a GREAT chance to have 3-7 Wa5p tiles out. I know. It sounds ludicrous. I was shocked too. But it happens. 

I’m gonna try Wa5p/SG/SMPP in SS for a little bit. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Team 5* Wasp with IM40 and Shuri. IM40 will give you 12 red ap and 12 blue ap. Collect another 6 blue ap and 1 red ap.

Fire Shuri's red power to reduce Wasp's blue power to 3 ap. Now you can fire Wasp's blue power 6 times. Use Shuri's red power to fortify her CD tiles. You will have 12 swarm tiles on the board after 2 turns, provided that you have 4 covers on her blue power. 

Adding 120% damage is pretty low when you have Karnak or Juggernaut boosting their match damage by 560% and 225%. Even Talos does a better job of boosting his match damage (up to 585%).  :D
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    The problem with blue is... its CD so you know, it can be matched etc. While Swarms tiles can be also, black power at 5 create 2 swarm tiles. Which means if Gwen trigger it we have 2 swarm tiles. I have her with blue cover only so I can say how unreriable it is.

Day 6 Summary.
    Discovery: Spider-Gwen might be a good teammaet.
    Surprise: none
    Note for future: none.

Current Status:
    Level 270
    Shards: 93
    Presence in offers: 3 in shards store.