MPQ 7th Anniversary Details

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited October 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi all,

It’s that time again, let’s celebrate another year of Marvel Puzzle Quest! We’re happy to keep the game going strong, and we can’t do that without all the players out there beating up minions, taking down bosses with their Alliances, and gaining more power through Champion levels. To celebrate another year in the life of Marvel Puzzle Quest, we’ve got a bunch of events coming for you all to enjoy!

Starting with the R212 release (out today!), we’ll be updating the initial loading screen and game background to celebrate the characters that have been released this past year. Misty Knight, Killmonger, Apocalypse, and more, we’ve gathered them together to show off some of the interesting characters that have come into the MPQ world.

10/1

• Anniversary Season starts - 10/1 - 10/12

• Anniversary Vault including covers for Devil Dinosaur, Howard the Duck, and Taskmaster amongst others!

• Anniversary Versus events roars in with Devil Dinosaur, followed by Taskmaster Versus events. Take these Limited characters into battle and earn more covers to use them outside this limited time!

• Double Iso-8 in Events running during the Anniversary, for all events running *except* Deadpool’s Nightly Games. See more on this event below!

• Check back each day for new Hero Point, Command Point, and IAP based bundles containing fan voted favorite characters and tokens to buff up your rosters!

• Fan Favorite Legendary Store - A Command Point based store that contains characters from the recent Fan Favorite survey

• 5 Stars: Okoye, Kitty Pryde, Apocalypse

• 4 Stars: America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Juggernaut, Karnak, Legion, Medusa, Moon Knight, Peggy Carter, Rocket & Groot, and Wolverine

• Deadpool’s Nightly Games - Brand new Daily Unlock Event! Deadpool isn’t happy with just his Daily Quests, so he’s come up with a series of challenges to put the players through.

• These challenges are all based around different games such as Chess, Freeze Tag, “Battle at Sea” and more, each with different special rules. For example, in Checkers, you’ll be taking a selection of characters up against Apocalypse, on a board that drops in MANY more Red and Black tiles in particular.

Login Gift
  • 1X Token for the Anniversary Vault now available for those that log in during the Anniversary Season
Special Iso-8 Offer
  • Iso-8 Offer = 900% bonus on Iso-8 Purchases until October 8

10/2 - 10/5

• Taskmaster Special - A special purchase bundle containing CP for you and your Alliance, some Iso-8, and 2/2/2 build of Taskmaster to power up this versatile Limited 4-Star

10/4

• Deadpool Daily Quest contains Devil Dinosaur as the Crash of Titans

• Versus Event: Taskmaster

Login Gift
  • Keep an eye out for a free Taco Vault Token to celebrate National Taco Day on 10/4

10/5

• Fan voted favorite PVE Event: Strange Sights

• Special Hero Point based pack with some Fan Favorite 3 and 4 Star characters, Mighty Tokens, and Elite Tokens

10/6

• Versus Event: Howard the Duck

10/7
  • Devil Dinosaur Costume Offer (Through 10/14)
    • 15,000 Iso-8, 1500 HP, Costume, and 6 Covers

10/8

• NEW ORIGINAL CHARACTER: Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

• Deadpool was hired to eliminate a popular taco truck vendor. But when he arrived to do the deed, he was swayed by their delicious “Hellfire” Tex-Mex and decided to spare them instead. It was then that Deadpool’s mysterious client appeared: Mephisto!
      Due to Mephisto’s Hellfire chillies, the vendor found new success and celebrated by donating free food to the community. But charity wasn’t part of the deal; the price had to be paid. In a rage at Deadpool’s mercy, Mephisto forced him to take on the Spirit of Vengeance! Now, he spreads hellfire and delivers punishment along with his fellow Ghost Riders (that is, when they aren’t bickering).

• More information on this chile-ing new version of Deadpool coming soon!

10/8

• Introducing… Event: Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

• PVE Event: Deadpool vs. MPQ

• Versus Event: Deadpool
  • Hero Points Sale - 30% bonus on all HP purchases through 10/15

10/9

• Deadpool Daily Quest contains Taskmaster as the Crash of Titans

10/11

• Versus Event: Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

Looking forward to playing through Deadpool’s Nightly Games ourselves and delivering spicy vengeance on our opponents with the new 5-Star Deadpool! Join us for another year’s celebration and Happy Birthday Marvel Puzzle Quest!

Tagged:

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Looking forward to these new chess event battles!

But where's the boss event?
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    OH! Can we get some supports access too? Preferably for master tokens. 
  • SheRa007
    SheRa007 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Why do all these crazy people want feeders?!?! No thank you. I prefer to keep the LTs please.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    SheRa007 said:
    Why do all these crazy people want feeders?!?! No thank you. I prefer to keep the LTs please.

Feeders guarantee covers, whereas you could spend 100 LTs and a 5 isn't a sure thing.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand the math but I do think that shards are terrible and I don't want any of them.  No more 5* feeders until shards are fixed!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think those numbers are placeholders? Or does 5Pool have the highest match damage in the game?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. Curious for the new Deadpool stuff!
  • SheRa007
    bowla33 said:
    SheRa007 said:
    6 guaranteed 5* covers vs 15% chance from 10 LTs. 
    I'd rather hoard and save up chances to get the next 550 op over older toons lol. #Power creep. Just my personal preference though 😜
  • SheRa007
    SheRa007 said:
    Because chances are you already got a bunch of LTs for those levels and can double dip to get the feeders as well.  Just like always happens, this is not a new concept.
    That logic is total relevant for people that have a bunch of levels on their current 4* but doesn't help for future hoarders or ones with not many small as 4* like me lol
    Although, I guess it's like the argument of taking the "set for life" lotto all at once and depends on personal preference 🤔🤣.
    At least with "set for life" you might be able to get a better rate somewhere else whereas with the built in power creep of the game, LTs seem like the better long-term bet imo personally hoarding wise lol
    However, who knows how long this game has left so you might be right but who knows lol