Hiya Devs - A quick plea about Anniversary!

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,574 Chairperson of the Boards

So - those of us playing this game for a long time know that Anniversary means Devil Dino covers but could we maybe get a few more Taskmaster covers this year? I know - probably all the rewards are decided and this is too late BUT...think about it! This really is the year of Taskmaster! Major villain in an MCU Movie (well when it finally comes out)? CHECK! Villain in a major Marvel video game? CHECK! Wears a face mask so is Covid-19 compliant? CHECK!
So whaddayasay?

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I second and support this plea.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it’s going to be limited, I need the pig. 

I guess some champ levels on Taskmaster would be good too though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just need 1/1/1 more for Ham to have all the limiteds champed, but I'm pretty hp-broke anyway right now.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about this anniversary they just do away with Limited characters and make them earnable like everything else.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    If they insist on us wasting slots for anniversary characters, at least make them good and not drek that never gets used.
  • DAZ0273
    Ugh said:
    I liked the anniversaries better when they weren't all about limited characters you'll never use
    When was that?!?!?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want FrankenCastle :)
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Why do I get a feeling that this year they will give us a ltd edition 5* 

though personally I’d be very happy with more pigs and taskmaster covers 😊
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh said:
    I liked the anniversaries better when they weren't all about limited characters you'll never use
    YEA!! Gimme covers for regular characters I'll never use.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    How about new boss event, new Story event, an updated DPDQ, updated 4* and 5* feeders, round 2 of balance changes (talking about buffs Banner, Wasp, rescue, etc.).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give me double ISO, vaults with meta characters, and some assorted other loot and I'm a happy MPQ player.
    (What can I say, I'm easy to please.)
  • DAZ0273
    Taskmaster is my favourite Marvel villain so that is all I am asking for. Sure, he is Limited and so basically useless but I would like to champ that uselessness please! I have the Dinosaur champed, I have the Duck fully covered and am also quite happy to collect the Ham - all of them though are/have been available (without needing to spend actual £££) in other events or Daily resupply but Tasky is limited to an extra limited degree. Like white fruit Skittles! Set him free!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Taskmaster DOES seem extra-limited, even though I managed to get him over the champ hump before Ham somehow. But even though Ham is "howard the duck limited," the fact i'm running a largely junior alliance means we've never once gotten far enough in that alliance event to get to the Ham node. In fact this most recent run of Sinister 6 is the first time we've ever landed the 3rd 4* cover, so that was cool.

I do still want new modes and events though; keep things fresh.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    When was that?!?!?
    When I started playing it was just Devil Dinosaur and I would get way more 4*'s than any other time for all the extra tokens, etc.  Now the anniversary is a vault with almost nothing 4* that isn't limited characters, so the rewards largely suck
  • DAZ0273
    Ugh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ugh said:
    When was that?!?!?
    When I started playing it was just Devil Dinosaur and I would get way more 4*'s than any other time for all the extra tokens, etc.  Now the anniversary is a vault with almost nothing 4* that isn't limited characters, so the rewards largely suck
    DD was the only limited when I started too but I think my first year they added Howard.

I didn't get to experience the first Anniversary but have been here for the rest. To be fair they have always pushed DD quite a lot at Anniversary but Taskmaster is only about 2 years old. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Y'all remember that time Devil Dinosaur got a rebalance to be less useful? That sure was a choice made by somebody that got greenlit by other people and then tasked some more people to get implemented.
  • DAZ0273
    Y'all remember that time Devil Dinosaur got a rebalance to be less useful? That sure was a choice made by somebody that got greenlit by other people and then tasked some more people to get implemented.
    Yeah, that was a prime example of MPQ changing a character nobody requested in a way that affected the only thing the character had going for them. I bet Devil and Kingpin have a beer every Friday talking about the old days.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
     I bet Devil and Kingpin have a beer every Friday talking about the old days.
    I'm sure Reed is there as well.
  • DAZ0273
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     I bet Devil and Kingpin have a beer every Friday talking about the old days.
    I'm sure Reed is there as well.
    I have to admit that I only champed Reed after his changes and so don't really recall what he was like pre-nerf. I don't actually mind new Reed apart from his blue which seems more complex than I remember.