The new issues with Bishop and HammerCap

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
Bishops blue and red go against each other, since his blue creates protect tiles, which reduce the potential damage his red is suppose to do, and his blue damage is PATHETIC, specially at lvl 3 and 4. And HammerCap's yellow passive is trash due to the fact it can only trigger IF HE ISN'T IN THE FRONT, meaning if an enemy makes a match-4 while he's in the front, his passive doesn't do anything, and it might be a bug, since the power description describes it as always activating on an enemy match 4 and 5.

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome to D3s philosophy on nerfing...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are plenty of characters with powers that work against their own interests. But its because you can play the character in different ways, not because it's a poor design. You are very rarely going to depend on a character for all three of their powers, anyway.
    Figure out how you want to play the character and 3 the one that hurts you. 
    Also consider not using characters that have been nerfed to dust.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Bishop successfully in Combined Arms.

If you read his new set of powers, it basically makes him generate blue, but at a slower, non-sacrificing yourself rate.  6 protects = generate random blue tiles around the board?  He makes a protect when he's in front?  Red puts him in front?  There's plenty of other characters that make protects?  Hmmm....

So yeah.  That's what I did.  Bishop, Strange, Bullseye.  Anyone's purple match makes me a protect.  Bishop stays in front MOST of the match, since he was my 4* (hence my highest character).  6 red guarantees that he stays in front.  Use the blue on a Strange power instead of bishop, due to longer stun, and more damage.  

It wasn't the fastest win.... but I won without much damage on my peeps.  A good amount of protects, stunning the opposition and their AP down, and (of course) the extra damage from Strange's passive always helps.

Now for regular PvP....?  Um.  Yeah, I'd have to rethink the whole thing.  :wink:

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    They've become niche characters. And that niche is consuming a roster slot/character essential nodes.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taganov said:
    They've become niche characters. And that niche is consuming a roster slot/character essential nodes.
    And providing champ rewards.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Taganov said:

The rewards aren’t worth the roster slot or time and effort.
  • PiMacleod
    Taganov said:

The rewards aren’t worth the roster slot or time and effort.
    Well... to each their own.. but I'll enjoy any LTs, 5* shards/covers, CP, etc, from them.  Better than selling the 4* cover for a paltry 1k iso... yeah yeah, I know it costs 1000 HP for the slot, and over 400k ISO to champ them, but still, 5* resources are hard to come by.

Farming/champ rewards is the only way I've been able to stay successful in this game so far.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    PiMacleod said:
     and over 400k ISO to champ them

378 321 ISO to be exact. That number includes 12 500 fee for championing.
  • PiMacleod
    @Mr_F

fair.  I always overestimate -- makes things feel quicker once I reach that point.  :)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say that at least it would be cool if they fixed/make it work so worthy always negates match-4 damage, also when he is in front. But yeah another nerf by MPQ guys, when they nerf a char they nerf him to the ground!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    @Michael1957
    I see you banging the drum a lot for having a small focused roster with just a reserve of shards to rotate out required characters as needed. This is kind of like extolling the virtues of living paycheck to paycheck rather than making long term investments. Having 1 of every character on roster, even if they're unchamped, doesn't take anything away from your existing roster of regularly used characters. It just means that you'll have less stress when events roll around to roster anyone, and you'll over time just be earning "free money" in the form of champ rewards just for showing up. Just a thought.
    I’ve got every character ....in shard reserve for the few days a year they’re needed. Rostering every character is like a business hiring every person who applies for a job regardless of their qualifications to contribute to the success of the company. Not everyone needs to get a trophy . It’s not worth paying benefits to 75% of your employees who sit around and do nothing . 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Michael1957
    I see you banging the drum a lot for having a small focused roster with just a reserve of shards to rotate out required characters as needed. This is kind of like extolling the virtues of living paycheck to paycheck rather than making long term investments. Having 1 of every character on roster, even if they're unchamped, doesn't take anything away from your existing roster of regularly used characters. It just means that you'll have less stress when events roll around to roster anyone, and you'll over time just be earning "free money" in the form of champ rewards just for showing up. Just a thought.
    Also, the true constraint on roster size is HP, not character covers.  So the operative cost benefit analysis is 'buying roster slots v making other HP purchases.'
    Imo, there after few things in mpq that are better value than roster slots.  Maybe a very few h4h offers, or a few 5* shards for a meta character?  If you are using your HP for just about anything else, then you are not playing optimally.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the reverse situation. Think instead about being a Baron in a castle, with like your 20 best friends and no Serfs to work your fields. Every season you find one or two and then kill them when the season ends (the way you are playing) imagine instead of you allowed them to stay on and tend their little plot of land for you, delivering up to you the bounty of that harvest in exchange for that privilege. No matter how useless they are for fighting your battles, they still deliver value to you over time if you let them live.

Once you roster (and champ) a character, they start paying you for the privilege in the form of champion rewards, not the other way around. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enough with entertaining poor arguments and analogies.

Back to the topic. Has anyone tried messing around with defrocked Bishop and Unworthy in Balance of Power?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Just fought a team featuring Bishop w/ Karnak & 3* Spidey. Their faces were melted.