Next to be rebalanced *cough* Nerfed???

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    @PiMacleod True to all ya said up there. I tried to jump into SLC8 but my roster is till to weak to fast clear the 5th and 6th clears of ome nodes. So I know that most of the non meta cannot do the "go for top" job. But, you see... well let me say it the other way.
    I add something more to what you mentioned in one or the other way. Which is a biggest downfall of my way of playing MPQ and enjoing it at the same time: You have let the others to chase the top prizes. I mean, you have to lower your expectation. I decided to go SCL7 and SLC 10 for PVE, do the progression with whatever placement I get and do my 19 wins /550 pts minimum. Thats it. I COULD squeeze top 50/100 PVE in SCL 7/8 and top 100 in PVP in SCL 10 everytime. I've choosen not to. Cause of.... TADAM TIME.

That is my solution to MPQ. Skip the chase. Let the other sweat and swear. But I also believe that - to some extend - we can go of meta and still keep being at the top. Yes, if you want to skip/avoid stagnation then you have to prepare for losing some reward. Be it lower SCL, be it lower placement or whatever.

But if you do no want, then squeeze everytime you can those little enjoyments. One fight with off meta team. One event with longer clear time/lower SCL cause of enjoying non meta teams. A few fights in simulator with fun (and long) combos. Dont just complain about 90% of characters being non meta but at least TRY to squeeze a use of them here and there. Meta is meta and with 200+champions not every can be in current meta. In every game some options will be better than other. Like on real life.

My way of playing MPQ gave me faster progress, more 4* champions, more 5* covers and more ISO. All because I squeezed my butt and find a solution for MY problems of MPQ. I just did what Yoda would say: I stop saying that i cant/its immpossble/ whatever. I just did something.

So my advice to you, my friend: TRY! Do something. Try to find a solution for YOUR MPQ problems. Juts DO something! And if you do then you can later say "I tried. It did not worked for me".

Also I, here, in this topic, solelly promise You that MY 1st 5* champion will be Wasp and I WILL find a way to enjoy her in 5* team. I WILL find a team for a Talos & Emma Frost that will work for me in PVP. And IF I fail in those I will say "I am sorry PiMacleod. You were right and I was wrong. I tried to go off meta and I failed.".
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:

Also I, here, in this topic, solelly promise You that MY 1st 5* champion will be Wasp and I WILL find a way to enjoy her in 5* team. I WILL find a team for a Talos & Emma Frost that will work for me in PVP. And IF I fail in those I will say "I am sorry PiMacleod. You were right and I was wrong. I tried to go off meta and I failed.".
    Now THAT is a goal!!  LOL

Hey, you said it yourself -- not every character can be meta!  Don't go pushing for Talos, W5sp, and Emma!  That's career suicide!  :P

If you like pushing the boundaries so much, I'd be curious to see what your Balance of Power PvP teams are.

Personally, I'm a fan of trying any and every which way I can get 4 crits on the board to use 2* Bullseye's black optimally.  Over 100k damage?!  Yes please!  :D
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    My Immortal Hulk is at 0/2/0 so I'm hoping they nerf how much he hurts my team when I'm forced to drag that garbage into an essential node. I'm stuck in 4* land so pretty much anybody I pair with him loses 10% of their health per turn once he starts dying.
    Partner iHulk with Vulture then chase Black as if victory depends on it, which it will. If you can keep Vulture in the air, or send him back up as soon as he lands, you can avoid most of iHulk's self-team damage.

'most' because if his passive tile destruction makes a match, he can still kill himself at the start of your turn and take out a just-landed Vulture when he regenerates.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    There was a good variety of 5* teams out there before Hulk came around.  Now that's all I see.  Nerf him please but don't make him useless.  Maybe all you have to do is increase the number of greens needed on the board to activate his passive.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was a good variety of 5* teams out there before Hulk came around.  Now that's all I see.  Nerf him please but don't make him useless.  Maybe all you have to do is increase the number of greens needed on the board to activate his passive.
    You could neuter him in the early match by tying Green Door to charged green tiles, and have him add them to the board every turn the way 5torm does. That way he would build to a mid-late match overwhelming presence but still give you a few turns to deal with him as a defender
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards

BRB pretty much ruins him if you get his blue on the board.

Just play the match green game after that.

You can always play the stun lock game on him as well. He is relatively painless to deal with IMO.
  • killahKlown
    JSP869 said:
    My Immortal Hulk is at 0/2/0 so I'm hoping they nerf how much he hurts my team when I'm forced to drag that garbage into an essential node. I'm stuck in 4* land so pretty much anybody I pair with him loses 10% of their health per turn once he starts dying.
    Partner iHulk with Vulture then chase Black as if victory depends on it, which it will. If you can keep Vulture in the air, or send him back up as soon as he lands, you can avoid most of iHulk's self-team damage.

'most' because if his passive tile destruction makes a match, he can still kill himself at the start of your turn and take out a just-landed Vulture when he regenerates.
    Can't you get around that in the way you position your lineup?  So that Hulk passive occurs before Vulture lands?
  • killahKlown

You can always play the stun lock game on him as well. He is relatively painless to deal with IMO.
    Thanks.. but the hulks I play against are partnered with lvl 520 okoyes.  Brb can't protect against that.

Stuns work well but using a stunner on my roster leaves me vulnerable to attacks from unscupulous players.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

Thanks.. but the hulks I play against are partnered with lvl 520 okoyes.  Brb can't protect against that.

Stuns work well but using a stunner on my roster leaves me vulnerable to attacks from unscupulous players.
    BRB can indeed deal with high lvl hulkoye.  In the time slice I play in scl 10 pvp there are several high scoring players that use hulk and okoye lvl 524 and up.  I use a lvl 473 apocalypse and lvl 464 brb and use a plus blue and plus all ap boost.  Get blue out quick, deny team up ap,  and keep okoye in the back so she burns any team up ap they do get.  

For me this strategy works almost 100 percent of time.  the only way it fails is if you get a truly awful starting board flooded with green and team up ap and devoid of blue.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    There’s ALWAYS a choice “ - Norrin Radd
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

BRB can indeed deal with high lvl hulkoye.  In the time slice I play in scl 10 pvp there are several high scoring players that use hulk and okoye lvl 524 and up.  I use a lvl 473 apocalypse and lvl 464 brb and use a plus blue and plus all ap boost.  Get blue out quick, deny team up ap,  and keep okoye in the back so she burns any team up ap they do get.  

For me this strategy works almost 100 percent of time.  the only way it fails is if you get a truly awful starting board flooded with green and team up ap and devoid of blue.
    Agreed. He can be dealt with and beaten most of the time. I’ve beat 550/550 Okoye/Hulk with similar strategies.

Maybe not 100% but I’d rather face that than X who somehow gets 2 match 4’s per turn against me.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Today I targeted 4* Thanos just enough to get him 1 Green cover (mine was at a 4/1/0 until then) and put him in a team with Polaris and BRB. It wasn't very fast but it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!N!N!N!N!N!N!!!!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jacklag said:
    Today I targeted 4* Thanos just enough to get him 1 Green cover (mine was at a 4/1/0 until then) and put him in a team with Polaris and BRB. It wasn't very fast but it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!N!N!N!N!N!N!!!!
    That's a nice 4* replacement for 5* Carol in that team.  Good stuff!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
     I WILL find a team for a Emma Frost that will work 
    This is not possible.  :smile:  Talk about a character who needs a rework.

When everything a character can do comes with double-digit AP costs, and other characters can do the same things passively, the gap between 'good' and 'bad' characters becomes that much more maddening.
    Can we go ten minutes without suggesting more nerfs..............
    The above situation is exactly why this is also not possible.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really tried to find a team for Frost, but she is too slow. If her repeaters aren’t going to do something immediately, but they take that long to gather AP and STILL have 2 turns after firing to start doing weak stuff, then her black locks out her active and has no associated damage reduction... she could and should have been a great character but I haven’t found a use for her. I do like her lady Gaga costume and her animations, but her power set is not useful.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    IHulk isn’t a threat , it’s only the combo everyone uses him with . BRB is more dangerous on his own . I can see Polaris becoming the new hated  threat soon as more champ her . I’m already taking out a full Gritty with just her 9/13 and Okoye . 

I'd agree with this. I have never found a team that people have a dislike to hit with iHulk in it unless it includes the passive boost that Okoye has the possibility of giving him. It's a combo that you have multiple ways of playing around - prevent TU, keep Okoye in back so they lose TU, use generators that change green to non-basic, use the characters that trigger help on AOE...

BRB (like Kitty before him) pair with an incredible number of characters, and is very difficult to play around as he fuels his own very cheap abilities. BRB's beat my hulkoye often and tell me then basically never need healthpacks.

Which is another big strike on iHulk (and something the devs probably don't mind) - I've seen it mentioned in this thread - iHulk takes a lot of healthpacks unless you are using a significantly bigger Okoye that can tank almost every color. I'm constantly at zero healthpacks and zero tacos since I started using him.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    So, I was thinking about the heavy-handedness of nerfs in this game today and while I’m sure it’s something most of us have thought of, I don’t recall anyone expressing it. Maybe they nerf so hard in an attempt to keep players from asking for a nerf?
  • HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx said:
    IHulk isn’t a threat , it’s only the combo everyone uses him with . BRB is more dangerous on his own . I can see Polaris becoming the new hated  threat soon as more champ her . I’m already taking out a full Gritty with just her 9/13 and Okoye . 
    Umm, he can't be killed first, does 30k damage for 7 red ap, does ~5k aoe damage every other turn passively, and his best partner just happens to boost that site damage to crazy levels.  This is the type of kit that make characters a real person to fight in PVP, where unavoidable damage to to weaker support characters makes sustained climbing very hard (and makes halfthor much harder to use). He is definitely one of the "stunlock is far and away the best option' characters, and we just lost our best PvP stunlockers.
    I suggested this as a fix for IHulk which is far from a nerf 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82853/immortal-hulk-suggestion#latest
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    Umm, he can't be killed first, does 30k damage for 7 red ap, does ~5k aoe damage every other turn passively, and his best partner just happens to boost that site damage to crazy levels.  This is the type of kit that make characters a real person to fight in PVP, where unavoidable damage to to weaker support characters makes sustained climbing very hard (and makes halfthor much harder to use). He is definitely one of the "stunlock is far and away the best option' characters, and we just lost our best PvP stunlockers.
    I suggested this as a fix for IHulk which is far from a nerf 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82853/immortal-hulk-suggestion#latest
    Shifting of a balance of power in metas is what makes the game evolve . I know the players who pounded me for 2 years with half Thorkoye are now whining they’ve lost their advantage to my new Hulkoye , but I never demanded character changes just because I always lost to them. Sharpen your playing skills and evolve or get left behind . No one wants to play a game with no new characters and opportunities. One poster has already outlined several defenses against him . More will come gradually, but someone will always be the king. 
    I’m already finding ways my Polaris being more useful than Hulkoye.