Kalemne's Giant's Triumph vs Flash cads [Investigating]

BongoTheGrey
BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
Kalemne's third Planeswalker ability at level 60 creates a Greater Giant's Triumph token that reads:
"When a creature you control with base cost 14 or greater attacks: It deals damage equal to its power to the opponent's Planeswalker and to the first opposing creature."

The Flash ability reads:
"Before your opponent's creatures attack, if this card is Disabled, you may cast it."

I almost lost a match on The Colossal Tussle today because even though Bedevil has flash and it should activate before my opponent attacks and therefore before the Greater Giant's Triumph token activates its ability, it still dealt damage to my Planeswalker. After that I was able to cast Bedevil and destroy Greg's creature. I don't remember if it hit my first creature because it was Brash Taunter so it had prevent damage and it didn't die.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but if the wording on the cards is correct, flash cards should activate prior to the Greater Giant's Triumph token.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well spotted. Based upon the wording I fully agree with your interpretation. Sorry to hear you lost the match due to this.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the feedback!
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:
    Well spotted. Based upon the wording I fully agree with your interpretation. Sorry to hear you lost the match due to this.
    I barely survived the hit. It was a 34 power double strike Krenko. I received the 34 damage from the Great Giant's Triumph token and then killed the creature with Bedevil. Luckily I won the match on the next turn
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    My two cents: this is as designed.
    You can only use Bedevil once the attack has started, and at that point, all the "when this creature attacks..." effects are already on the stack. I know it's not always an argument in MTGPQ, but this matches the paper magic reasoning.