Is Blackbird bugged? Or is it a disappointing 4* Support that is working as intended?

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
In addition to my 5-star "main" account, I have a very low level alt account with all the 2s, a handful of 3-star Champions, and currently a 1/1/0 4-star Juggernaut.

On that account I picked up a 4-star Blackbird Support. The Rank 4 Perk says "The supported character's powers deal an additional xxx damage to enemies."

Leveled up to 98/200 (all the Red Iso I have at the moment) that becomes an additional 569 damage to enemies.

That is the perfect support for boosting Juggernaut's Collateral from a dismal 41 damage to a more respectable 610 damage. Or so I thought.

As I very quickly found out, the Support does NOT add damage to the supported character's passive powers.

Is this a Bug? I know Okoye's Wakanda Forever does not boost Collateral, and this was stated to be working as intended, even though Wakanda Forever does boost 3* Doc Strange's Flames of the Faltine, which, like Collateral, is an entirely passive power.

Or is the Blackbird support working as intended in not boosting Collateral's damage? Blackbird is already restricted to only X-Men characters. If it is intentional that it does not boost Juggernaut's Collateral, this is very disappointing.

If so, this means I essentially have a worthless 4-star Support.

Yay.

On the plus side, at least I won't be spending any more Red Iso on it.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    JSP869 said:

On that account I picked up a 4-star Blackbird Support. The Rank 4 Perk says "The supported character's powers deal an additional xxx damage to enemies."

Collateral Damage is not considered a power. It's considered match damage which is why Okoye's WF doesn't work with it.
    KGB