Should we sell Bishop/Hammer Cap? is it worth it?

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
if i sell them, i would get 12K in hero points, plus 300,00 plus k in iso, i can always reshard them, plus they aren't that high level so... would you sell em?

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I’m keeping mine because I’m a completionist and want everyone champed. While I could sell, then shard them to re-champ, I’d rather focus fire on Polaris and the feeders for my unchamped Classic 5s instead.   I don’t think I sharded either character, but Cap is 300 and Bish is 323. The higher level they are champed the lower the ROI in terms of Hero Points on the sell back (if they were closer to 270 I’d consider it). Also the higher levels are where the good rewards are at and you miss out on those as well. 

I think there’s almost no chance they become feeders. They have over 100 4*s in the game, I highly doubt they risk the backlash of making either a feeder after people have sold them off. Sure, Bish-Apoc Worthy-Bill feeder chains makes sense. But they could just as easily do one of the newer mutants like Legion (which would also give out less covers) and no one would bat an eye. So while I’m not selling, it’s not for a fear of losing potential feeder covers. 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Also not selling as they may be essentials in pvp or pve
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a trap. They will probably make them feeders.

Bishop --> Apocalypse
    CapWorthy --> BRB

Both are very popular characters in 5* land. The HP gained from them can be used for Anniversary Vault. On the flip side, you could lose out on some 5* covers potentially.

I don't need the HP. The worst case scenario is that I gained nothing.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legion could feed Apocalypse logically also but I can definitely see the flow from CapWorthy to BRB.
    This is, of course, assuming we ever get any more feeders.
    I am torn a bit on my two - they aren't particularly high but are both over 280. An extra 12k HP for Anniversary would be nice but I don't really need HP otherwise right now as I am keeping my 3* farm at it's current level until I get a few more along to the 220+ stage.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO and HP are easily earned over time. Selling them back may seem like an immediate fix, but the game isn't a sprint , its a marathon. Keep them, it will be more beneficial in the long run.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Don’t forget, Steve is a secondary feeder to Worthy, so getting Worhty back would not be quite as difficult as Bishop.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's very tempting with the anniversary coming up, but mine are at a high enough level that the champ rewards are really good. I think whatever I buy with the HPs in an Anniversary store will likely be less valuable or just equal to what I'm already getting. And this way I don't have to worry about re-champing them in time for one of their PvPs, should that happen again soon.
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Sold mine.  Very happy with 400k iso n 12k he.   F the trap.  Be a boss
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won’t be selling mine, I also disagree that the sell back rate is “generous”.

I wonder how many people would have jumped on it if the sellback provided a LL for each cover including champ levels. That seems generous.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I don’t remember who or where but whoever posted using HE - Coulson - Gamora as a sub for Cap Worthless in CN, I thank you for that advice. That’s the easiest and fastest CN clears I ever did . Coulson was in my Never Use pile . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold Worthy but not Bishop as I only need 50 shards to get another Worthy cover to re-roster him whereas Bishop has zero shards in the bank. Worthy was also boosted a short while ago so it felt like it made sense but who knows.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t remember who or where but whoever posted using HE - Coulson - Gamora as a sub for Cap Worthless in CN, I thank you for that advice. That’s the easiest and fastest CN clears I ever did . Coulson was in my Never Use pile . 

I was using Worthy-Coulson-Hawkeye in the really bad CNs - Coulhawk (HE/Coulson) is an absolute monster once you get going, but a) it takes forever and b) there's no stun so you can get hammered.  That's where Worthy came in - you got it going pretty much second turn, and by the third turn you had them stunlocked.
    Gamora as a Worthy substitute is good - it takes a bit longer to get that absolute lock-down, but you have the added advantage of getting off Gamora's instant-kill every so often.  Since your opponent doesn't get to move the board, it happens reasonably often.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

I was using Worthy-Coulson-Hawkeye in the really bad CNs - Coulhawk (HE/Coulson) is an absolute monster once you get going, but a) it takes forever and b) there's no stun so you can get hammered.  That's where Worthy came in - you got it going pretty much second turn, and by the third turn you had them stunlocked.
    Gamora as a Worthy substitute is good - it takes a bit longer to get that absolute lock-down, but you have the added advantage of getting off Gamora's instant-kill every so often.  Since your opponent doesn't get to move the board, it happens reasonably often.
    Also. Gamora is much more efficient at stunlocking the enemy team.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would would say no.  If you feel you could easily recover them to 13 covers it means you are probably post-iso.  This means the ISO you get is not worth much.  Next is HP.  Unless you are really low on HP and struggle to roster characters what are you going to do with the HP?  I personally have over 40K HP and my roster slots cost 2k HP.  I am post iso so selling either of these characters just gives me more of a surplus of resources I already have and I take a 4* from a decent level to 0.  If they run a Bishop or hammer cap PVP I would be at a big disadvantage.  If they become essential in PVE again for that node I will be at a big disadvantage.  I would rather keep both characters continue to receive champ rewards and eventually start a duplicate once they are max champed.  

Starting over only really makes sense if you are really struggling with HP.  If you keep up with HP fine with your play style it isn’t worth selling
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:

If you play it right, EVERY kill should be a Gamora insta-kill.  There's no question about it -- its how I do it every PvE for the last... umpteen PvEs... because I cannot recall how long I've been doing this now.

Its not about luck, as much as it is mitigating the luck involved.  You shouldn't fire arrows once you have 12+ blue AP ( you don't need to stun more often than that, and using arrows means its more chances of new purple tiles to drop down ).  You should be using Coulson's purple to switch and match purples more often than not.  This ensures you keep your purple AP supply up so you can do it again, and keeps the purple population down.  To make it REALLY shine, if you only have one or two purple tiles left on board, use it to switch the tiles in a configuration so that you can make a match manually -- not putting them into place to match.  If you force them into a match with a move, more purples can drop from above and THEN you STILL gotta make a manual match to end your turn.  Put them into place to make it a manual match, and now you have less chances of new purples from above.

It's really just about minimizing the amount of tiles that drop from above, while having Gamora passively making strikes upon each stun (which can potentially make 2 per turn if there's two peeps getting stunned).  Put a Milano support on her, and she has a chance to make an extra purple strike upon firing a power.  

This is doable, and easy, if you change how you play these matches.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only fire Hawkeye's red arrows, reserving blue for G4mora until they are well and truly stunlocked. If you chase team up with Coulson, he'll shorten CDs for you once you have like 6 in the bank or something (he's got so many conditional passives I forget what they all do tbh). I usually don't fire his yellow playing like this, because you're trying to avoid cascades as much as possible and minimize the opportunity for fresh purples to drop in. I'll either use his Purple to charge up two purples, or I'll use it to match down some clumps of purple to reduce how many purples are on the board. Set G4mora to 3/5/5 to maximize her black and her stun.

I have a 2* Wong on Hawkeye because there's a chance he will get a free blue off a blue match, and there's a 22% chance when he fires a power an enemy special will be removed from the board. 

I have a 3* Milano on G4mora because it has a 40% chance of creating a purple special every time she fires a power and there's a 45% chance she starts a battle with 3 black AP in the bank.

Coulson has a 4* Sharon CArter support because when he makes a purple match, there's a 38% chance to gain 2 purple AP. But now that I have Hawkeye champed, I probably need to give him that one and put Wong on Coulson. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I only fire Hawkeye's red arrows, reserving blue for G4mora until they are well and truly stunlocked. If you chase team up with Coulson, he'll shorten CDs for you once you have like 6 in the bank or something (he's got so many conditional passives I forget what they all do tbh). I usually don't fire his yellow playing like this, because you're trying to avoid cascades as much as possible and minimize the opportunity for fresh purples to drop in. I'll either use his Purple to charge up two purples, or I'll use it to match down some clumps of purple to reduce how many purples are on the board. Set G4mora to 3/5/5 to maximize her black and her stun.

I have a 2* Wong on Hawkeye because there's a chance he will get a free blue off a blue match, and there's a 22% chance when he fires a power an enemy special will be removed from the board. 

I have a 3* Milano on G4mora because it has a 40% chance of creating a purple special every time she fires a power and there's a 45% chance she starts a battle with 3 black AP in the bank.

Coulson has a 4* Sharon CArter support because when he makes a purple match, there's a 38% chance to gain 2 purple AP. But now that I have Hawkeye champed, I probably need to give him that one and put Wong on Coulson. 
    This may have been the most helpful post I’ve ever read here . Takes awhile although I’m not worried about time . Was 100% effective. It’s only weakness would be rare unstunnable characters. Thank you 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    ThaRoadWarrior said:

I understand reserving blue for gamora at first; that stunlock is important.  But sometimes I find it is worth eating a round or two of match damage (especially if you can stun the most dangerous opponent(s) first) to collect enough ap to be sure of victory.  So I often throw a gamora stun down on the most threatening enemy (e.g., kitty or 5* carnage or whoever will crush me with passives), and then spam HE blue 2 or three times if possible before worrying about a true stun lock.  I do this because casting blue early on is massively net-positive for ap (3x blue ap + 2x red ap + 2x random ap for each cd, and each cast produces 2x cds) only takes 1-2 turns (depending on how much TU ap you can get coulson to use).  so once you can get 3 or 4 cd's to proc in a single turn, you are basically able to stunlock ad infinitum. 
    Wong is definitely a huge addition for this team, especially against opponents that make attack tiles (which are just about the only thing that can threaten this team once the stunlock is out).  Sharon carter is also helpful, although I had never previously used her here because she was stuck on worthy.  But that is no longer a concern.