Character Updates - September 2020

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    What if he becomes a feeder 🧐😳😂
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Happy Bishop Nerf Day everyone!

Does this update add "No Longer" to Cap's subtitle?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 12k is very tempting with the Anniversary coming up. Last Anniversary I got a LOT of 4* covers with HP. I'm guessing the offer ends before that store opens up?
  • NemesisEtherion
    NemesisEtherion Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Bishop was an easy sell, 6k HP are more useful than him now, but i kept cap. One thing i noticed is that cap won't jump in front if another "jumper" is in the team, played him with rogue, the enemy made a match4 with TU-AP that chained into a black match5 and cap stayed in the back. Don't know if it happens with 3* DP or whoever else jump to the front.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Happy Bishop Nerf Day everyone!

Does this update add "No Longer" to Cap's subtitle?
    No , but he is renamed Worthless 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    12k hp is super nice, but im positive D3 will make them feed meta 5s (Bishop -> Apocalypse seems likely to me) so I'm not sure what to do.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is going to fun for people with only 1 Bishop/CapWorth. Should I sell them? What if they made them a feeder during Anniversary (which is after special sellback price)?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well just encountered my first post-nerf Bishop in the wild so brought along a 5* (Kitty) to see what would happen and it is official - Bishop now does absolutely nothing. He is no threat whatsoever, completely gutted him they have.
  • DAZ0273
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well just encountered my first post-nerf Bishop in the wild so brought along a 5* (Kitty) to see what would happen and it is official - Bishop now does absolutely nothing. He is no threat whatsoever, completely gutted him they have.
    On defense he’s manageable. I think he could be good on offense. Isn’t this what we’ve been asking for?

The new yellow power that wasn’t mentioned in the first post of this thread can work with certain characters. So far, Lightning Rounds and BFF are not the best place for trying him out in different teams. The House of X may reveal a bit more of his potential. 

Yeah I haven't tried him on offence yet - this was in the BFF PvP, possibly boosted Bishop might be an attack dog in House of X. Defence wise though - he doesn't even qualify as manageable, he was despatched without even the slightest of effort.
    Ding Dong, the Bish is dead, the wicked Bish is dead.
  • DAZ0273
    On the other rebalances - I have only had a chance to try out Cho Hulk and Thing and I do think Cho is quite a bit improved but he was boosted. He isn't a game changer or anything but I liked using him more than his previous version. Likewise Thing was boosted but on that front I can't say things have really changed - he is still miserable bottom tier. Sad.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    On defense he’s manageable. I think he could be good on offense. Isn’t this what we’ve been asking for?

The new yellow power that wasn’t mentioned in the first post of this thread can work with certain characters. So far, Lightning Rounds and BFF are not the best place for trying him out in different teams. The House of X may reveal a bit more of his potential. 

How?  You have to cast red to put him in front and generate any blue.  so you must collect 6 red, and then have him tank damage.  And if all that goes well, you get ~6 blue ap over 3 turns.  His yellow passive is decent now as a cascade producer (if combined with a protect tile spammer).  I suppose you might be able to make use of him with brb to turn protect tiles into even more blue.  But would you ever use him over polaris for that role?
    And no, this is not what I was asking for (can't speak for anyone else).  I did not want Bishop to dominate the 5* meta from 4* land.  but I also didn't want him to become useless trash.  My suggestion was always to prevent his jump-in-front from proc'ing on match damage alone (only match + strike or power damage that exceed his threshold.  That would make him a deterrent to strike tile players and faster, lower damage abilities, but would tone him down significantly). 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know Bishop was problematic with BRB, but I always thought that the only real problem with him was the stun lock capability. If they had just removed his ability to stun, but kept everything else, he would've been fine. It would force the other team to bring a stunner if they still wanted to play that way. And even with BRB, his yellow removes protect tiles. Nerfing him into dust was lame.
  • DAZ0273
    Is Captain America (Unworthy) completely busted too now? I feel bad for anybody who went hard after Hawkeye, although I guess Hawk is not a terrible 5 - I wouldn't really know mine only ever got to 0/2/0!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hawkeye still slays with G4mora and Coulson, I went hard after the last 3 covers I needed for him and don't regret it. You can still reliably (but eventually) clear most any challenge node in SCL10 with that team. Not as good in Pick2 pvp as Worthy I suppose, but my Worthy was only 275. My bishop is only 282, so I'm pretty tempted to do it for the HP here going into anniversary also.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is Captain America (Unworthy) completely busted too now? I feel bad for anybody who went hard after Hawkeye, although I guess Hawk is not a terrible 5 - I wouldn't really know mine only ever got to 0/2/0!

Hawkeye has always been useful in PVE because of coulson (and now gamora for cl10).  that is still true.  so those who chased hawkeye for PVE need not despair. 
    But his utility for PVP is DOA.  he is now completely meh in pvp and will remain that way until he gets another pvp-viable partner that can make lots of cd's for cheap to keep him fueled (i.e., 3* loki doesn't cut it!). 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I faced my first castrated Bishop in PvAI and he did absolutely nothing but wait his turn to die . 
  • DAZ0273
    edited September 2020
    I just used Bishop on "offence" - he is terrible. I would say this nerf is more of a kneecap than Gambit got.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I just used Bishop on "offence" - he is terrible. I would say this nerf is more of a kneecap than Gambit got.

And that is why I think that the only things he needed to be fixed was to change his blue ap generation (which were crazy - once per turn would be ok) and its triggering with 5* match (It could be changed for let say working only with enemy powers). Or something. But he was pummeled to the ground instead.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    The new Bishop works well with 4* Professor X and Magik. Once it gets going, you won't take much damage since Prof.X will keep buffing your protect tiles. Bishop's yellow is activated almost every turn and you might get a match-5. You should get enough blue ap to stun lock the other team.

It's a fun combo, I guess but he's definitely less useful than before. He can't counter Gritty now :-/ 
  • DAZ0273
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Who did you use in the team? I used Nightcrawler and 4*ProfX to beat 5*ProfX Onslaught and Apocalypse. Bishop did what he needed to do, to take some damage with his red and help get a good board for Nightcrawler and Prof to do their stuff. If the board was a bit better, I think he’d make some blue tiles and create some cascades/match-5s for Prof. My board was predominantly red and yellow, so I went a different route to deny Apocalypse first, stun ProfX and down Onslaught first. It was quite fun.
    Sorry wasn't ignoring this but now I can't remember - I think Jean Grey but no idea who else.