Polaris / Nest Season?

liminal_lad
liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
Do we know when the next season starts / Polaris enters tokens?

From the preview it seems like it's a little further out than normal but I might be misremembering.

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I think it was earlier this week that Lakestone said it would be about 2 1/2 weeks. I’m guessing Polaris will hit about the same time Heimdall does.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks -- I started hoarding anything that gives 4* or 4* shards and it's hard to practice self control.  :dizzy:

• DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    First I'm hearing of this. Could we get an official response on this @LakeStone or @IceIX ? When are Polaris & Heimdall being added to tokens?
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Polaris will enter with new season. Likely on October 1st start. 
    Heimdall will enter 2 weeks from close of his CP store - likely October 5th. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which sucks because I want to open tokens in his Vault but I don't want to do so until I can favorite Polaris.
    So the delay on her going into tokens means I either miss out on JJ/Hawkeye covers I want to get or I don't get Polaris shards. GRRR!
    KGB
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    krakenoon said:
    So not in any official announcement. Would explain why I (and many others) never saw it.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Which sucks because I want to open tokens in his Vault but I don't want to do so until I can favorite Polaris.
    So the delay on her going into tokens means I either miss out on JJ/Hawkeye covers I want to get or I don't get Polaris shards. GRRR!
    KGB
    Next Latest Legends lineup is way better than JJ/HawkI though. 

Plus, might as well wait and see what the Anniversary stuff will be. 

I hate waitin too. But this is probably a good time to hoard. 

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    My JJ and Hawk5 are champed so the store is an easy skip.  Rather see what the Anniversary has and wait until Heimdall is in LL.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Rosraf said:

Ugh, in my opinion Heimdall/Daken/KM is far from being attractive.
    Until Heimdall leaves, I have great motivation to avoid any LL usage >.<
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    morgh said:
    Rosraf said:

Ugh, in my opinion Heimdall/Daken/KM is far from being attractive.
    Until Heimdall leaves, I have great motivation to avoid any LL usage >.<

It's not at all clear that heimdall will be meta.  but he is FAR from bad.  With high health, high match damage, damage reduction, true healing, and at least the possibility of the self-acceleration, he is upper-mid tier at worst.  Whether that is worth pulling when combined with OMD and KM is subjective, but Heimdall is not a character to disdain, IMO.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks, @LakeStone!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    10 more days... 10 more days... must resist dipping into the hoard 10 more days...

(Dormammu shuffles off, bent over from the weight of countless Heroic, Mighty, and LL tokens.)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Even now covered 333 she is making quick work of those Ultron tile making minions . Okoye boosted she was doing 23K per match and cascades are abundant. She did about 400K damage in 15 moves . This may literally be the harbinger to tile users .
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even now covered 333 she is making quick work of those Ultron tile making minions . Okoye boosted she was doing 23K per match and cascades are abundant. She did about 400K damage in 15 moves . This may literally be the harbinger to tile users .
    At EVERY SINGLE POINT I see the word "harbinger', my brain reads "Hamburger".

So, yes.  When 2099 is doing his thing, I keep seeing "Hamburger of Heroes."  

It's a delicious victory every time.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Is this not a great example of why all new releases should be added to tokens a fixed time after their release like 5 stars are?
    (Other examples include the new releases that hit just after the end of season so have to wait through an entire new season)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this not a great example of why all new releases should be added to tokens a fixed time after their release like 5 stars are?
    (Other examples include the new releases that hit just after the end of season so have to wait through an entire new season)
    New 4s are always added at the beginning of the next PVP Season.  Been this way for quite some time.  The only issue this time around was that it was an extended off-season due to the upcoming Anniversary season.  And this only happens... Ahem...  Once a year.

Timing of info release may have been delayed, but at least we got it.  (Thanks @LakeStone!) I'd rather have delayed info than none at all.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    New 4s are always added at the beginning of the next PVP Season.  Been this way for quite some time.  The only issue this time around was that it was an extended off-season due to the upcoming Anniversary season.  And this only happens... Ahem...  Once a year.

Since it's once a year they should time the last character before anniversary to be garbage tier like Emma/Talos/5* Wasp etc. They clearly knew Polaris was going to be good and highly valued and chose to release her at a moment where we'd all have to wait extra long before busting hoards to cover her. If she was a dud no one would care.
    KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    pheregas said:

Since it's once a year they should time the last character before anniversary to be garbage tier like Emma/Talos/5* Wasp etc. They clearly knew Polaris was going to be good and highly valued and chose to release her at a moment where we'd all have to wait extra long before busting hoards to cover her. If she was a dud no one would care.
    KGB
    I’m convinced they don’t know the difference as play testing with champed 5s would have revealed how broken certain characters are/were.