Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fun little corner case here with Onslaught's Psychic Blast:

Fighting Gamora/Rocket/Medusa in the latest PvE.  I use Onslaught's blue to convert all the tiles in the row and column to their weakest color (purple) to set up a match-5 and get Onsluaght's other active ability on-line.  The damage from Psychic Blast kills off Gamora, and changes their team's weakest color to Black.  No more match-5, no more "Get Onslaught invisible before he dies", and *poof*  Onslaught dies.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    DeNappa said:
    Been trying to champ Apocalypse. Had some more tokens and CP to spend today. While I did get another cover for him, it was another black one, making him 11/4/3 now. Sigh. I really don't want to do a cover trade, so I guess I'll have to keep trying.
    13/4/3. Sigh again.
    14/4/3 smh.

I saw that the Hunt has Apo shards in the placement rewards. Does that imply that the event after this rewards Apo shards in progression? In that case I could make 50 (top 300 placement, conservative estimate) + 250 (progression next event) shards, which would leave only 100 shards to finish him (I already have 100 shards for him banked).

At this point that would seem like a better way, I didn't even roster OMD yet because I skipped on the OMD store becayse I was prioritizing CP to finish Apocalypse.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Rahne PVP I brought my champed Thorpocalypse team against an undercovered BRBitty team and thought "Wow easy points!"

Yeah no. I've never seen a game where things can go "Go really bad really fast" like MPQ. Things were starting off well. Fired Apoc yellow and then Thors red and BRB took some hefty damage and I figured I got it in the bag. Then as if to spite me Apoc yellow starting plugging up my g/r/y tiles and the board was starved of black but abundant in blue. Then Rahne fired her red and Kitty wasted no time buffing everything.

I still won by the skin of my teeth (Thor had about 2k health left and the next turn would have killed him) but man, this game is stressful sometimes.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    So I was able to finish champing Apocalypse a few days ago (first time ever finishing a Latest before going to Classic purgatory) so I decided to make a small horde of CP and LL tokens. I was able to bank up 19 pulls for when OMD entered latest this morning.  Pulled all 19 (plus an extra 2 from champ rewards) and went 0 for 21 on 5* pulls.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:

I've never seen a game where things can go "Go really bad really fast" like MPQ.
    Yep.  Just happened to me in the Apoc required node in Liberty Island.  Moonstone, Demolisher and Carrier in play.  Okoye's fully healed at 60K health.  Thor is at around 25K, and Apoc's at around 40K.  I've got a huge amount of Team-up AP, but very little red even with Thor's destruction.  A turn or two more, and I should have enough to finish this off.  No sweat.

Their turn rolls around.
    Two random tiles get destroyed by the Appetite for Destruction countdowns, resulting in a match-5 and a separate match-4.
    Then a countdown goes off, for more damage.
    Using the AP gathered by these matches, Moonstone fires off her red, followed by her purple.
    Then they actually make their move, which results in another big cascade.
    Then the strike/attack tile damage goes off.

By the end of the turn, Okoye's and Apoc are both dead, and Thor is down to 3K health.  For those of you doing the math, that's at least 120K in damage in a single turn.  :#
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Just realized that if you have bad luck like me and get 0 Daken from over 60 pulls, there's no way to get a cover for his PVE essential node without spending more CP since Heimdall is the progression reward.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Tested today Heimdall + Vulture + Black Cat a.k.a. Team Airborn. Unexpectedly powerful and lot's of fun.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2020
    Coubii said:
    Tested today Heimdall + Vulture + Black Cat a.k.a. Team Airborn. Unexpectedly powerful and lot's of fun.
    If this is your worst mpq moment of today, you are one lucky player ;)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Ever since the introduction of shards into the economy and specifically placement and progression rewards, I've been enjoying using the daily shard offers to "top off" 5*s who are close to being finished and just need a little extra push.
    Iron Man is not one of them.
    Iron Man has been 4 of my last 14 offers.
    If the offer is random (and assuming latest legends are not offered), the chance of getting the same character out of 44 total more than 3 times out of 14 is 0.02%.
    That's 1 in 4496.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dr Ock's Reactor CD killed my team. The last time it happened was probably two years ago.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I misclicked and opened 50 of my Mighty Tokens that wanted to wait until Polaris is available in tokens.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2020
    @HoundofShadow
    Same thing happened on round 1 to me. I think I actually had enough to throw breaker of stone, but didn’t think about it and had it @3 anyway.

This thread needs a dislike button.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    We experienced the exact same situation: Dr Ock in the first wave. I was trying to use Breaker of Stone but it destroys a random column.

Now my team  to deal with Dr Ock are Cho, Karnak and IM40/Vulture.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    We experienced the exact same situation: Dr Ock in the first wave. I was trying to use Breaker of Stone but it destroys a random column.

Now my team  to deal with Dr Ock are Cho, Karnak and IM40/Vulture.
    GSBW is my friend vs Doc Ock. Each of her abilities can destroy the reactor CD directly, She is also boosted for Sinister Six events. IM40 or Vulture can help in getting the AP, but is usually not needed.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    I went with She-Hulk, XF Wolvie and and 3* Thor. Lots of board control ect.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Seeing Gambit fight alongside Sentinels in DDQ. Is nothing sacred???
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I went classic CA for Venom/Doc/Vulture. Took longer than I’m used to, but had no problems finishing with full health.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Ever since the introduction of shards into the economy and specifically placement and progression rewards, I've been enjoying using the daily shard offers to "top off" 5*s who are close to being finished and just need a little extra push.
    Iron Man is not one of them.
    Iron Man has been 4 of my last 14 offers.
    If the offer is random (and assuming latest legends are not offered), the chance of getting the same character out of 44 total more than 3 times out of 14 is 0.02%.
    That's 1 in 4496.

Well, the player base is in the, what, tens of thousands? Gotta be happening to someone at that point.
    helix72 said:
    Seeing Gambit fight alongside Sentinels in DDQ. Is nothing sacred???

Seriously! I was just "Remy! What are you doing working with these things?!?!"
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    Borstock said:
    My 92k health Apoc can't possibly get one-shot when the AI has 0 AP.
    *Professor X and Onslaught enter the chat.*
    It's okay, there are no match4 or match5s on the board and I'm just going to make this match in the corner to avoid RNG dropping something weird out there.
    *MPQ enters the chat*
    Match4-TUs destroyed-cascade into Match5-Match5-TUs destroyed-cascade into Match5-TUs-Match4....
    *Phone screen goes dark waiting for AI turn 1 to end....*
    DEFEAT
    Well, that was a fun game. I hope I didn't also get attacked 4 times on defense....
    *MPQ winks*

Most important: Onslaught is Professor X and Magneto. We shouldnt be able to use both in same math with Ons;aught. Althought we cant use Human Torch (Johny Storm) and Human Torch (Jimm Hammond) and we should be. The list go on. Like 4* Hulks (Amadeus Cho and Banner), 4* Thor and 2*/3*/5* Thor. And is more wierd cases: 4* and 5* Iceman and Jean Grey are SAME person but from different timeline so we SHOULD BE able to use both in same match.

But I will give ya even more fun facts.
    1. How many different characters we have is hard to count due to different timelines or dimensions heroes thanks to MCU version incorporation of some characters like 4* Black Widow, Hammercap, IW Cap, 4* Gamora, 4* Grocket, 5* Thor or 5* Wasp. In some cases we do not even have a "proper" version like in case of Vulture or Mordo when we have only MCU version. To be honest 4* Fury might be either MCU version, Ultimate or Nick Fury JR.
    So if we exclude MCU only version characters (like Vulture), MCU dopplegangers (i.e has comic bio and MCU image like Switch,Vision, Quicksilver), multiple versions ect. then actually we have only ~130 comic based characters incorporated. And yes, I calculated Anti-Venom and 4*Venom as one and Cloak and Dagger as two. Pretty far from 200+ we can choose from. Even if we count MCU versions as differect character, then we are still behind 200 *~170). So for me, annoucment that M.O.D.O.K. was 200th character/champion in the game was a lie. He is 200th PLAYABLE OPTION to choose. We are farm from 200.
    Supports were not taken into account.

2) 1* Venom is not Eddie Brock: his name is Mac Gargan a.k.a. Scorpion.
    3) In comics, Carnage and Green Goblin never were a Sinister Six members and Venom (Brock) was once and quickly left due to some antagonism in the team and chased his former teamamtes (such as Vultutre, Kraven II or Sandman). So our ingame version is very off as only Doc Ock and Sandman are correct*. Also the antagonism of Carnage and Venom makes it impossible for them to be in one team.  As of today there is no way to build "proper" Sinister Six team in game.
    *MPQ Vulture is a MCU version and he never was a Sinister Six Member.
    4) Spider-Man and Black Widow are only characters who has version in each * land. Altought, in we take point 1) into consideration, there is no such character as 4* SM and BW are from MCU. Then closest is 4: Storm, Spider-Man and Black Widow. Iron Man and Hawkeye can not be considered as 4* Ronin and 5* IM are MCU versions of Hawkeye Ronin and Iron Man and Hulkbuster is MCU Doppleganger.