Rewards for Using Different Characters in PVP

I don't know if this has ever been floated, but there's always talk about nerfing Gritty, or Bishop is too powerful, or <insert flavor of the game> is just broken.  Rolling back and changing characters causes way too much backlash, so why not reward people for having large rosters of leveled characters and using them?

Example : You get 1 Favorited character shard for the each of the first characters used in a pvp match.  Then if you swap out 2 characters i.e. no Gritty, but use Oyekale and Thor you get two more favorited character shards.  Swap out two more to bishop/iceman get another 2.  Thanos Daredevil get another 2.  (The shards collected could be based on Shield rank)  You might even see Archangel someday doing this!

This would encourage people to have large sets of big rosters and to use them, provide people a reason to find better teams that work together rather than focus on speed runs, give another avenue into the 5 star game, AND provide variety in PVP rather than just trudging through Gritty, or Kitty/beta ray...

With a roster of over 190 characters.  There's a possibility for over 190 shards (if those were 5 star shards people would be definitely working at this).  Realistically you'd be looking probably around 50 per pvp, but that's just conjecture with no data.

I come into this game on and off and the biggest turn off for me is definitely having to use the same thing over and over with just a single swapped character, and then seeing the same teams....over and over.....Down with the monotony I say!

Comments

• HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I like this but I don’t think the “using” different characters is the issue, it’s that they leave the metas up there as defense. I know I use the simulator as a bit of a training ground for characters and that’s how I climb, but once you get to a certain level you have to go meta for meta just to win. I would like to see something like this implemented though. 
  • Shaydenn
    Shaydenn Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I like the idea. Get bored playing all same teams so I spend most time creating obscure matchups to take down the metas.  Great to benefit from originality.